New site

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by bujingodai, Jan 1, 2011.

1. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I know to most of you I'm a fraud and such etc etc. Not what I'm discussing. My wife did us a website for Xmas, I'm pretty proud of it, looks nice. Still have a bug or two to work out, and the new clip vid from the last seminar. BTW the sakki type work, is an exercise not a test.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJn-P-uuaE"]YouTube - Bujingodai Kokenzuku Matsuri 2010[/ame]

http://www.bujingodai.ca

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Nice website

3. landofthelost

landofthelost Banned Banned

nice website.

never thought you were a fraud. congrats dude

4. The Wiseman

The Wiseman Valued Member

:star::saz::rolleyes::evil::bang::cool::hat::cry::p:heart::yeleyes:;):zzz::love::D

sorry. just thought i'd liven up this uber-boring post!

5. bujingodai

wasn't really meant to be exciting mate, just promoting something I was proud of.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Its not a bad site, bit dark but easy to use and good info

7. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

I had an issue with the screen width- is the page set for widescreen?? I couldn't fit the whole page in. Maybe this my browser (Explorer).

8. bujingodai

That is one of the bugs currently being worked on actually

9. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Might want to change the part that says ' you Won't find any rank inflated instructors here' in order to maintain consistency with the rank structure page and the vid you posted.

Just saying...

10. The Wiseman

The Wiseman Valued Member

Ok mate.

11. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

You have to be careful with this. The 'You won't find any rank inflated instructors here' line is an apparent dig at the Bujinkan and could easily be thrown back at you as 'You won't find any qualified instructors here'.

Also... " It is our belief that we are training in a Japanese inspired art which includes combative technique and deployments, thus it is called Ninjutsu."

um.. what?

12. markspada

markspada Banned Banned

13. bujingodai

I considered calling it something else to get away from the crapstorm that the term Ninjutsu applies to these days.
    But no I decided to keep it. I thought of other names that would be there, but it didn't make any sense to me or to those I have trained with or under.
    It's not a worry for anyone else.

I didn't post it to argue it, I posted it as a shout out to my wife who worked hard to make it.
    The rank comment was not a stab at anyone, feeling a little guilty? And as for the page where it says what they are>? That is what they are, there are no one claiming any huge rank.

I don't think I am any less qualified to teach than many of the other "qualified" instructors in what would be considered legit art. One may say to go to a dojo of a certain kind, but it's been proven that there is a good chance they may also not be up to par, so no I will stay a fraud gladly and keep my integrity that my people can do what they can.

Hard to really get much from a video but I'm glad you go a lot from that one
    There was 44 or so scenes in a minute. Most of the dojo is under green belt so honestly, your the other side of the world. And when I went there, I wasn't impressed either.

If you don't care for what I do, good for you. I don't care for what it is that you do. However I respect it as something you do.

I posted the site to pay credence to my wife and students.

Thanks for the feedback.

14. bujingodai

My brief moment to bring rationale to the witch hunters online. I don't have to say much more. It is not a trademarked word. It's what I was trained in, it is what I still do. I don't do karate, I don't do judo so what else to call.

If you disagree then that is your opinion.
    I happen to think that many of the schools doing "Ninjutsu" under legit lineage shouldn't call it that either. Mind you it's BBT so what do you care?

15. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Well my point is, you have up to 10th Dan and you invented this art after Bujinkan training so your probably at least 10th dan in this right? Or if not who promotes you?

So assuming you are right then your rank is overinflated, as per the stab...

What rank are you in your system? What rank were you in Bujinkan when you left to form your own system?

Or did I misunderstand and you are just a practioner in this new Ninjutsu?

Nothing to do with your wife, site is pretty but that's a separate issue. If you want to thank her buy her a steak dinner or do the dishes, not post this on a jackal filled forum and don't expect people to pick up on your choice of words within the pretty site.

16. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Well my point is, you have up to 10th Dan and you invented this art after Bujinkan training so your probably at least 10th dan in this right? Or if not who promotes you?

So assuming you are right then your rank is overinflated, as per the stab...

What rank are you in your system? What rank were you in Bujinkan when you left to form your own system?

Or did I misunderstand and you are just a practioner in this new Ninjutsu?

Nothing to do with your wife, site is pretty but that's a separate issue. If you want to thank her buy her a steak dinner or do the dishes, not post this on a jackal filled forum and don't expect people to pick up on your choice of words within the pretty site.

17. bboygyro

bboygyro Valued Member

No, it is not a trademarked word. It's just a bit awkward to name your art in Japanese when it doesn't have a Japanese origin. Just like I wouldn't take my background in freestyle wrestling along with my other experiences, make an art and call it judo or jujutsu. It's not that it wouldn't fit the description of the kanji, just that it's a bit awkward and/or semi-misleading. Given that ninjutsu generally refers to an art that was historically practiced by a group of people in a completely different part of the world, it is misleading. I know that you are clear that what you are doing is inspired by (and is not) ninjutsu. That said I'm sure there is a less awkward term for referring to a Canadian born art that is inspired by historical Japanese people. Just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more. BBT or not, most of what the Bujinkan knows of Togakure ryu qualifies at best as ninpo taijutsu rather than ninjutsu. At best is being kind...:p

18. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Bujingodai...sorry I may have missed previous posts in other threads where your school has been discussed.

What makes your school/style different from another bujinkan school apart from the fact that you have just decided to not be under the bujinkan any more?

have you incorporated others fighting styles like judo or something into the syllabus, or are you just teaching what you were always teaching when in teh bujinkan but now under your own banner?

Cheers
    Nick

19. bujingodai

No I am not a 10th dan, I was a Sandan in the Bujinkan.
    I'm a 6th officially and I think thats over inflated. My teacher as explained on the site left the arts on his own accord.
    It has roots in Japanese art, what I was taught to my knowledge.

Tell you what. I did not "create" this art
    I don't belong to any sokeship council, or any of those type of thing
    I'm not in for domination of the world.
    I don't even charge for what we do. If I do for a seminar it's because it includes food and transport.
    I'm not new to the art.
    Frankly some of those judodans whom are slammed here have been at it less time than I have.
    I would not re enter the Bujinkan for the matter, it is self admitted self imploding that would be a bad move in my opinion. Not to mention, there is not a guarantee I would have any quality instruction. Every other dojo is hammered here as well for lack of skill and understanding.
    I don't make out of the world claims.
    I do not over inflate what the school does.
    I am not selling something online that isn't worth pits.

If you don't care for what it is that I do, it effects you none.
    If my students are being mislead, well I have told them what it is that I have done, what I know and what they are being taught.
    They seem to be happy with that.

And yes I have tried on more than one occasion to alter what it is that I do, call it and etc etc. I'm afraid I was asked to continue what it is that I do.

It is awkward to call it what it is or what I call it. But it doesn't affect you.
    I would agree actually a few years ago I was considering another. Thought I'd stick to my guns. The jackals can say what they wish, I'm afraid there are bigger offenders than I of making this art a mockery.

Bout all I can say about it.

RT I don't think there is much more different, maybe we do some auxiliary training, setting traps for food, practice in the bush etc that some don't. I have some little work in the aiki arts that I try and play with a bit. Nothing really crazy different. However I am not teaching BBT, I am not licensed to do so. That would be a lie and defrauding them if I tried.

Our movement is a little shorter. Maybe a little more concentrated on street topics. We punch a little different, use movement like tenkan and such so it has departed somewhat from the origin of BBT I was exposed to.

Look I don't think I am unreasonable about this sort of thing.
    I've been on here sometime, I speak up when I have an opinion, however I don't see myself as the evil Larping Ninja that created my own school to show people how to assasinate your local mayor.

So that's really what I have to offer.
    Unlike many of the schools of my "calibre" I have taken the time to make an opinion based on at least feeling other schools.
    I've been to Japan, only for a short time. But was there.
    I've been to a number of Bujinkan dojo
    I've trained under a few Bujinkan teacher
    I've made sacrifices to get what I have
    I did not create and become some Soke of some mystical art with some Japanese teacher I found creeping in a bush.
    At the very least I am honest.

Take it for what it is mate.
    If you don't like it, well you don't have to train with me. If you want to know what I do better, come see me. If you want to show me better, then come teach me. Other than that we have little to discuss but nasty comments on a messageboard

20. emaaoz

emaaoz Valued Member

In general the site is very good. It is uncluttered and navigation is simple. There are a few things I would suggest to make it even better though.

On the front page you have text in a bold black font underneath a picture. This works well and is easy to read. On other pages due to the lack of a picture at the top the gradiated background means you have to switch from a light to a dark font half way down the page. I would strongly recommend getting rid of this. It is distracting and unnecessary. Simply add a picture or a logo to the top of each page and then use one single colour. The bold font of the homepage is nice, the other pages use a smaller non-bold font. This isn't as easy to read.

Page size. I've viewed the site on both my phone and my laptop and on both the page sizing is bizarre. If you have to fix the size then make it smaller so we don't have to scroll backwards and forwards. Clear space around the body of the page is better than irritating people by making them work to read your information. The majority simply won't bother.

Images. One of the options you have is to include an alternate text for an image so text based browsers can describe them. This not only makes your code more user friendly but search engines use this "alt" characteristic as part of their judgement on the quality and relevance of your site. Spend a little time adding these in and you will gradually creep up the google rankings.

Overall though it is a job well done. Nice colours, nice layout, nice overall feel. Your wife should be proud.

Incidentally if you or her need any help or advice with tidying the code up please feel free to drop me a line.

Oz