New Silat Forum

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Wali, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Hi all,

There is a new Silat forum at http://www.eastweststudios.com/forum .

Please feel free to drop by and check out the posts (not many at the moment), or post some yourselves.

The site also contains a comprehensive gallery of Silat photos, and will include video clips soon.

Regards
    Wali

2. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

Explanations

Peace to all,

Dear Wali,

I went to the forum that you suggested and was surprised that one of my writings in another forum (www.kpsnusantara.com) was copied and pasted to the post entitled 'credentials of silat teachers uk?' by 'kriss' without naming the writer and the place where he or she get it from. In the original writing, i went by my real name Amirul Husni Affifudin. The writings is;

'assalamu'alaikum ya akhi,

I have not heard Silat Haqq Melayu under Cikgu Ariffin giving such claims in Malaysia. What i know is that Silat Haqq Melayu is a respected silat style from the lineage of Allahyarham Pawang Noh and Allahyarham Yeop Mahidin or better known as 'Singa Melayu' or the Malay Lion. Beyond that is beyond my knowledge. Why not ask Cikgu Ariffin himself?

About Silat Lincah and Mahaguru Omar Din as 'keeper of Hang Jebat's silat', in this case, what Malaysians in general know about this style of silat is that they use the motto 'Semangat Jebat' or roughly 'the spirit of Jebat'. This pertains to the fighting spirit of the legendary warrior. Same suggestion here, why not ask Omar Din or Glenn Lobo themselves?

In Malaysia, there are many styles/systems of silat that uses the names of either one of the five legendary warriors of silat, with Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat as the most favourite.

For example, Silat Halilintar Gerak Laksamana Jebat, Silat Tari Langkah Hang Jebat & Silat Pusaka Hang Tuah. Other silat schools like Silat Hulubalang Melaka and Silat Lima Bersaudara do not use the proper names but nevertheless claims that they got the silat knowledge from Hang Tuah's disciples. Wallahu'alam...

My advise here is that regardless what claims people made, the important thing is to judge the silat style/school/system based on our own observation or better yet learn them and 'taste' for yourself the quality and effectiveness that they deliver or not.

Everything depends on individual preferences. Some may learn a silat style because they want to inherit/continue the ways of the legendary warriors i.e. Hang Tuah,Hang Jebat,Megat Terawis,Panglima Hitam etc whereas some wants to learn for the sake of safeguarding their lives and the lives of their loved ones or also for survival.

Get to know the silat teachers, ask their backgrounds,experiences and about the silat that they propagate.

I totally agree with wali, nice site keep up the good work! (this sentence only is his own)

Wassalaam'

I would appreciate it if you could say something about this in the forum.
    Thank you
    peace

3. amirul_tekpi79

amirul_tekpi79 Valued Member

forgot something

Peace to all,

I forgot to mention where in www.kpsnusantara.com's forum did i post my original writing.

It was in the English messages section, under the heading;

'who is teaching hang tuahs system?'

As you can see, there is a reply by Amirul Husni Affifudin (myself) to a certain haja as sadique.

peace

4. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Amirul,

Yes. Unfortunatelly, the individual in question had to be reprimanded, as he was posting MANY posts, which were oviously taken from elsewhere in the Internet.

There is a section that states this, and apologies if this item wasn't accredited to yourself, but we didn't know where it had come from.

I will ensure that it is either removed, or if your prefer, accredited to yourself as the author.

Kind regards,
    Wali

5. krys

krys Valued Member

kriss not to be confused with krys! :)

6. Wali

Wali Valued Member

I see! I'll remove you from my 'Ignore' list then! ;)

7. Lanakin

Lanakin It's all about discipline

I dunno what Silat even is, but I registered. That's OK, right?? :D

:woo:

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Please discuss forum issues on the forum in question, rather than this one.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.