New Silat Academy in Hendon

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Wali, May 7, 2003.

1. Wali

Wali Valued Member

It may be of interest to UK/London people, but a new Studio has opened up in Hendon Central (London), which focuses primarily on teaching Wali Songo Silat and Cimande.

The instructor is called Steve Benitez, and he is a very capable and insighful instructor of the art.

The Website will be active soon.

Out of interest, is anyone from the UK going to the MAI Super Seminar 2003 in Huddersfield on the 18th May?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I saw Steve at the Dan Inosanto in Edinburgh last year - a very capable silat guy by all accounts.

3. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Hey Wali,

Any more details on this? A website or something...

Turns out that my Thai instructor had invited me and the rest of his seminar group to the opening of Steve Benitez's place but my damned mobile was broken at the time and I didn't get the message.

I shall drill him for more information this weekend.

4. Wali

Wali Valued Member

dredleviathan,

The academy is in Hendon Central, just off the A41.

9-11 Watford Way
    Hendon
    NW4

It's called 'EastWest Studios', and the website, which is currently under development and not active yet is www.eastweststudios.com'.

Shame that you missed the opening, as it was a very good day. Some great UK martial artists (Andy Norman, Chris Parker, Bob Breen) to name a few, came down and a good time was had by all.

Let me know if you have any questions. Just out of interest, who is your Thai Boxing instructor?

Cheers
    Wali

5. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Dred,

Are you still interested in coming down to train?

If so, send me an email or reply back here.

Regards
    Wali

6. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Hey Wali,

Ah yes I knew I meant to reply to someone but lost the thread somewhere.

I am interested most defintiely but to be honest with you I pretty much have my hands full with what I'm training in at the moment. I wouldn't be able to do justice to the art and to your Guru by only coming along once in a while.

However having said that I would most definitely be interested in any seminars for instance to further my insight into this fascinating art.

It may well be that Silat is something I move into at a later date as it seems to offer a longevity in training that is missing in some other arts.

Cheers,

Dred