New Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CraigLeeJKD, Aug 23, 2006.

1. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

Hey guys, I'd appreciate if you could critique my routine please.

AIMS: Reduction from 14% bodyfat to 10% bodyfat. Core stability. Explosive power. 'Defined' shape. Flexibility.

THE ROUTINE

BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT - Monday, Wednesday, Friday. All exercises are 5 sets with the 5th set being isometric. Wednesday I use the Tabata method.

PRESS UPS (Various angles)
    HANDSTAND PUSH UPS
    WIDE GRIP PULL UPS
    SQUATS
    SUPERMANS
    ABS (crunches and variations)
    PLANK

Time = 2 hours (this includes warm up, stretching, cool down)

HIIT SPRINTING - before breakfast on Tuesday and Saturday. Running outside on small hills. My cardio is not too good right now so I will start with 5 minute sessions and then add a minute each week until I can do 15 minute sessions.

MARTIAL ARTS (JKD, Kali, Silat) - Classes on Monday, Tuesday, Sunday. Classes are 2 hours. Heavy bag training (with some HIIT) on Thursdays - 1 hour and a half (including warm up, stretching, cool down). Training with a classmate on Saturdays (or heavy bag work if he is not available) - 2 hours

STRETCHING Dynamic stretching 3 times a day (morning, afternoon, night) 5 sets. Static stretching after any workout.

DIET - I am currently consuming just over 2000 calories a day. This usually consists of something like the following:

BREAKFAST = Muesli with semi-skimmed milk
    LUNCH = Tuna (full tin) sandwiches (wholemeal bread) with cucumber and an apple.
    SNACK = Orange
    DINNER = Egg noodles with egg whites, carrots, and baked beans.
    POST WORKOUT = Protein shake (about 30g protein) and a banana.

EDIT: I am also drinking 6-7 pints of water a day. I drink a pint every time I eat and every time I work out.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Peace

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  2. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

Like I mentioned in another thread it's very difficult to build Muscle and lose weight. You need a heavy intake of Calories for decent growth and doing this obviously puts on some body fat in the long term.

As for the routine etc I'm not one for Sifting through that kind of stuff but to be honest any exercise for at least an hour everyday with a balanced low Cal diet will lose fat, but don't expect much Muscle gain.

3. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not too interested in gaining muscle. I don't want to lose the muscle I have but gaining muscle would just be a bonus, it's not an aim.

Peace

4. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

Ahh well it's pretty good then. You need to make sure you keep up a good intake of Protein to maintain Muscle. Try to keep to around 2000 Calories per day and it should be good to gradually lose weight.

5. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

If your aim is GPP, that would be fine