new routine, would appreciate some feedback

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by furinkazan, Oct 21, 2014.

1. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Alright, my weightlifting has slacked recently (had a relapse into clinical depression and have been too lathargic to do a whole lot). I'm now trying to beat my way out of it and take my energy levels back and get active again.

Currently I'm trying to accommodate a balance of lifting and my martial arts as well. Strength training is merely to supplement my martial arts so I dont want to be killing myself on the weights. Here's a draft so far, while i work out the balancing of recovery time.

Monday: Upper body (Bench, Overhead Press, Pull Ups, Curls, Dips)

Tuesday: Rest Day

Wednesday: Hung Gar (we have a rather generous amount of body weight work in this)

Thursday: Lower body (Squat, Deadlift, Leg Press, Toe Press)

Friday: Bujinkan Ninjutsu

Saturday: Swimming or complete rest

Sunday: Capoeira (full body/cardio)

I'm currently working the rep and set amount to 8-10 reps and 3-4 sets at most for the lifts, with dips and pull ups as 6 sets as many reps as possible)

2. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Might want to give yourself a rest day after your lower body work out. Squats and deads are killers alone. If not, maybe throw swimming in the day after lower body.

3. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Yeah narcsarge I'd agree with that, playing ninjas the day after a good leg session is going to suck. If you can't tearrange the days you do your MA on then swapping legs and upper body around might be good?

I always prefer doing legs on Monday, it's horrific but you can train them best when your fresh and then just enjoy the rest of the week :)

4. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Thinking about it, you're right, cheers :)