New rank

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by E-Rocker, Jan 22, 2013.

1. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

I passed my Intermediate 1 & 2 tests in Jun Fan under Sifu Ron Balicki this past weekend. The test was short but intense. Sifu Ron normally does not let students test for two levels of Intermediate at the same time, but he's known me for a few years now & believed my teacher when she said I was ready for it, so I got to do it. Now that it's over, it was really fun. While taking the test, and especially while waiting around a couple hours for other people to finish their tests before I could take mine, it was a bit nerve-wracking.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Congratulations, well done.

I used to hate warming up, only to cool down while others were taking their grading.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Congrats!

4. querist

querist MAP Resident Linguist?

Llongyfarchiadau, E-Rocker! ("Llongyfarchiadau" = "Congratulations" in Welsh)

Can you please tell us the grading system used in your school so we can better understand what you've just accomplished?

5. ballistic

ballistic Valued Member

Congrats! As a fellow Ron Balicki student i know how hard those tests can be! Well done!

6. HarryF

HarryF Malued Vember

Congratulations! Gradings like that are always a great achievement one at a time, let alone two in one go! Nice one

7. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Thanks, all!

Querist, this particular test involved performing a Praying Mantis drill; Don Chi Sao; Jun Fan dummy sets 1 through 4; Ung Moon; some compound trapping; and various kickboxing drills on focus mitts. One of the main mitt drills was to ha pak an incoming sidekick, then respond with an entry & follow-up strikes.

8. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Congratulations E-Rocker! I knew your matrix skills would be validated!

9. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Ha ha, thanks Shooto! Oh, also I had to show 24 types of footwork.