New pc

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jan 19, 2012.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Do these look like good parts? Cheaper or more future proof alternatives, please recomend.
    Motherboard p9x79 deluxe £250 on dabs
    Case Raven rv03 £93 dabs
    CPU i7 3930k £453 novatech
    CPU cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer i30 £33 dabs
    Memory GeIL Evo Corsa DDR3 2133MHz 2 x 4 GB £65 trusthardware
    Graphics card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 580 772MHz 3GB £440 dabs

£1334
    I have 850w psu, hard drives and a dvd drive.
    The cpu costs 200 pounds more than I want it to. I would rather spend that on the graphics card/s but I want a pcie 3.0 motherboard so I don't have to buy a new motherboard aswell as graphics card in the future.

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

if u want it future proof then i'd go with 16gb of ram. 8gb of ram is more than enough at the moment but in a year or two, if you're updating and what not, then you'll need the xtra ram eventually.

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I'm just going to buy a new graphics card, thats way too much to spend. I only play css most of the time and cs go doesn't look much more graphically intense. I was going to get a new pc to play some of the new single player games but I think skyrim and deus ex HR are the only ones I would play. I have a 4870 it plays those games but its not pretty.

4. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

dude just make a thread on toms hardware about it rather than here. They are the pros there, trust me :)

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I'll try gamespot (I'm already registered) they know a thing or two.

6. Pkhamidar2com

Pkhamidar2com Panda Member

no, i didnt say gamespot, tomshardware are one of the best, take my advice and go and ask there. Ive tried gamespot.

There are people from Intel and AMD representatives on Toms hardware to answer questions about Intel and AMD. There are people from those companies, whos jobs are to answer questions on the forum related to their products. And they get paid to dot his.

You will get more than enough help from Toms, but if you dont want to then dont.

7. Kurai

Kurai Valued Member

+1 about Tom's hardware.