New Member - Intro

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Eddie, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Thanks Andy for telling me about this forum.

Hi everyone, i am a new member here, although I suspect my friend has been using my pc and dialup to access this site regularly the last few days. I visited the site for the first time, and saw I already have a login here :). Very weird!

Well this is me,
    Im in my late 20's (closer to 30).
    I study and teach Choy Lay Fut.
    I own a martial arts supplies company and e-com site (may I advertise?).
    I love martial arts, and I love fighting.
    I'm married (Sorry gals :) ).

I hope I will be learning from the many knowledgable people over here.

2. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome Eddie,

Advertising can be done by placing your link in our 'Links' section and by putting a link in your signature. Nothing outside of that please :)

Ok, tell us about Choy Lay Fut. What's its origins? Is it a grappling, groundfighting, etc related art? Do you compete for fighting? Are there forms/kata in this MA? Spill the beans Eddie!

Thanks....just curious :)

3. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Melanie,

4. Melanie

? Yes :D

5. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Melanie,

""Welcome Eddie, ""
    Thanks. Nice be be welcomed

Nothing outside of that please ""
    Cool. Can respect that. Maybe one of the site owners can contact me with regards to some joine business venture thing is anyone interested. PM me, or e-mail me. At the end of this message, I will give out my business url just for one time (if you want to delete it, its also ok), so that the owners can have a look.

Ok, tell us about Choy Lay Fut. What's its origins? Is it a grappling, groundfighting, etc related art? Do you compete for fighting? Are there forms/kata in this MA? Spill the beans Eddie! ""

Origins: Ok, thats a bit of a controversial issue if nothing else. If you follow kungfumagazine.com forums, you would have knew about all the fuzz. Im in no way authorised or qualified to speak out about it, so lets just say that Choy Lay Fut originated from Shaolin, and it was created by mixing a few styles together. Its one of the most well known Southern Styles in the world, with schools in just about every corners of the world.

Most kung fu styles cover just about most of the ranges you speak of, but not in as much detail as others. I personally, do compete in fighting. I like San Shou, and even Thai Boxing. We do allot of forms in CLF, more than in most other styles of Kung Fu.

The beans has been spilled. Now i need someone to clear up the mess.

My quick plug
    My business url is www.martialarts.co.za
    my school url is www.martialarts.co.za/choylayfut
    (sorry - coulnt resist - i will delete it if you so wish)

6. Melanie

Not a problem Eddie - thanks for responding. I naturally would have no idea about the kungfumagazine.com forums (Eeek)

Like I said - your welcome to put your web/promotional literature details into your signature! Send me a PM with relevant information and I will sort out your link if you prefer.

7. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Hi Eddie and welcome to the boards. Choy Lay Fut is a beatifull style I myself study Shaolin Hung Fut. Look forward to your input.

Cooler.

8. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Hi Eddie! I don't study Kung Fu in any way, shape or form, but Welcome anyway :)

9. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I see you registered In April of 2002, which means I'm late, but hey, I'm welcoming you anyway buddy;)

10. darlph

darlph New Member

Welcome and come join the fun. Lots of good people here and excellent ideas.
    Perhaps it was your friend who guided me to the Choy Lay Fut video and book on fan techniques. I study TKD, but I enjoy other martial arts as well. Beautiful book and the style is absolutely great.

11. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Hi Darlf,
    What was his/her name?
    Do you have the lee koon hung book with the flying dragon fan form in?

The fan is a pretty cool and very effective weapon.

There are also videos available for this form.
    later
    eddie

12. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Hello there!

heeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy eddiiieeeeee
    good to see another member joining the group! Welcome!:D

13. Spike

Spike New Member

Hey ho

14. Eddie

Eddie New Member

Ive been on this forum for over 6 months already :) , but thanks for the welcome.
    later
    e

15. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

Eddieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Welcome Eddie!!!!!!!!!! lol.

16. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

eddie's time : 04-19-2002
    Today 11-06-2002 02:44 PM

hmm welcome eddie... :D
    -TkdWarrior-

17. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

lmao...Eddie's new member thread is still popular!!!:D

18. Eddie

Eddie New Member

what can i say, im a poupular kinda guy. even after 9 months :)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2003