New MAP FAQ is Live!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Anth, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ahoy MAPers!

The more observant of you will have noticed that the FAQ link in the navbar has been missing for a couple of weeks or so.

It was deemed that, as it was the default vBulletin and thus hadn't been touched in about 5 years, it was absolutely rubbish!

We can't be having that, so now we have a full new FAQ section created by Sam (Skc_Wado) and myself :D

In the new FAQ you can find things ranging from a brief history of MAP to what the staff actually do, via how to organise a MAP Meet and how we select new moderators.

Its hoped that the FAQ will become the one-stop shop for information like this and will give the newbies all the information they need. It will get rid of loads of stickies across the site!

If you have any suggestions for new FAQs, either post them here or send them to Sam or me by PM :)

Anth.

2. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Anth has worked his **** off on this and I think it looks great. Sam sorted chipped in, I think she made the tea and stotties ;)

Seriously though, thanks you two, this has been long over and should be a great addition to MAP.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Nice work guys :D

4. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

That about covers it. It's all Anth, he has been working on this for weeks and has done a cracking job.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

So THAT is what Anth has been up to then! :p

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Nice one Anth and meh Sam... :D

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Nicely put - I like the "job descriptions"... looks good.

(On your selection of moderators description there is a minor typing error for "becoming")

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  8. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nicely spotted, Thomas! Its now updated :)

Cheers!

9. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

Does look very nice - good info!

10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Are you sure there was no hat and bits of paper involved when you picked me?

11. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

:D I was so good at testing i broke my account :D Then the amazing Saz fixed it for me. I was truly amazed that she actually fixed something. :p

I'd also just like to point out you guys forgot the section on the amazing aikiwolfie :confused: :p

12. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Anth told me he kept entering the code for that Wolfie but for some reason it kept being rejected! Hmmmmmm???

Good work Anth and Sam.
    and Sam, don't worry. Anth only sent those pictures of you in the French Maid outfit to a very select few of us. So we know what it really was that you contributed. ;)

Woooooo whooooooo!