New lease of life

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dave Humm, May 19, 2011.

1. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

I've been toying with the idea of upgrading to a iPhone4 (from 3gs) however, I did vow some time ago that I would never buy another apply phone based on their track record of restricting usability and brining out newer version of said phone within relatively short periods of time (most annoying when you end up locked into a contract)

Anyway, I thought best of my idea of paying what I consider stupid amounts per month just to be in a position to utilise iP4 to it's capability so, I opted to keep my existing phone and bundle.

In coming to this decision I also chose to jailbreak my phone and, to be honest, I should have done this a long time ago, it's like having a new phone !!

Even without delving too deeply into what is ultimately possible with a phone which has undergone this simple process, I'm amazed at how the phone can now configured and set up compared to stock.. Apple really have been tight-fisted in how they've controlled the functionality of their products, but then I'm only repeating what's been well know for a long time.

Dave