New Judo Move

Discussion in 'Judo' started by inkpen, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

I disagree with you Funny Badger "I agree that they are wrong but I don't think its going to get you anywhere".
    By making a stand against something that is clearly wrong you can force change even against overwhelming odds.
    Re:"muddy the waters it smacks of an issue between you and the org, your son is just an excuse now". My son is no longer the issue. The issue is the safety of the next kid who gets punched to the face because JFA have not sent a signal that such foul play will not be tolerated.

2. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

Basically you seek to minimize the chance of such deliberate strikes to the face recurring by sending a strong message that this will not be tolerated.
    Just reinforce the rules.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

If it is a safety issue as you say, and clearly you feel strongly about it, then I think you should talk to a lawyer. Ranting on forums may actually hurt your cause more than help it.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

What change? That you can't punch in judo? Think it already has that.

5. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

Thanks for your insightful observation

6. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

If you beleive that you can change things then please do and I sincerely wish all the best with that, I really do. Take it up with the IJF and take it to be media and cause enough of a fuss to get something changed.

If the JFA has not accepted that the other kid intentionally hit your child then they are unlikely to turn around and change their minds. Political organisations don't like loosing face and that's how it will seem to them. The IJF is likely to just support the JFA and your unlikely to have any joy.

The media are not likely to give it much attention, sadly if your son was seriously injured they might have. It's to niche a sport and frankly isn't likely to be judged as news worthy.

7. Moi

Just seems a waste to save only judo when you could save the planet instead. More usefull use of your time? :)

8. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

Just to clarify - I loosely used the term punch. In actual fact it is a palm heel strike or tiger claw strike-starts with closed fist but opens to contact with the heel of the hand. Which suggests this kid could be training in another martial art as well as judo.
    I welcome all your feedback and do not take offense.

9. Moi

Oh please! He's a ten year old kid that's smacked another kid! It's wrong but it happened and it's over. Your son is Ok, you really do need to get over this as this sort of thing happens often! Wait until it's an adult cheating against your child
    More you push it the more you spoil your sons sport for him

10. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

My son is fine-he loves judo. If he meets this other kid again he will crush him with a beautiful ippon. He will succeed in judo. My son is oblivious to my battle with JFA.

I ask you this Moi - 6 months or 1 year down the track & this other kid, not having been made aware that his palm heel striking action is dangerous, repeats this move and seriously injures an opponent. What then? For him to be warned is also in his interest.

Oh please enlighten me.

11. Moi

I've no doubt that he's been made aware of his rule breaking and if he continues will soon get sick of being disqualified from competitions because, believe it or not, this isn't the first time it's happened and won't be the last. The rules are already there and this minor breach in sure hasn't been the last

He's in a contact sport and probably about to start more in school. Now football is going to have him tripped, punched, trod on and almost certainly kicked. Rugby will be worse. Lots of punching there

So the answer to your question. An 11 year old seriously injuring somebody with a single punch? Can I become his manager?

12. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

Only if you promise to keep him on track for UFC glory

13. Moi

We shall have to find a kid that can actually damage somebody with one punch first. As yet I don't think evolution has caught up with your fantasy.

14. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

My son was concussed for a brief period. But I agree - being able to inflict brain damage would have to be the benchmark.
    Dana mark me this kid is destined for cage glory

15. Moi

That's it! Let it all out. Maybe you eventually get over this simple, stupid infraction of the rules :) it'll be good for you

16. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

It has been insightful debating with you Moi. Thankyou for your positive interaction.

17. Moi

You're overreacting to an unfortunate issue but one thing is for certain, you'll change nothing. These things happen. You need to get over it

18. inkpen

inkpen Valued Member

I disagree that I cannot achieve change-with perseverance I will. But thanks for your positive advice Moi. It gives me strength.

19. Moi

Glad I can be of assistance x

20. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I've watched it a half dozen times and it looks a lot worse in slow motion than it does at full speed.

I'm not totally convinced it was a deliberate strike. On balance, yeah probably a DQ for reckless play but to hit (ha!) a 10yo with a violent conduct citation, I think there has to be no doubt at all and I've still got some doubt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.