New Guy Looking to Learn

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ryan O'Morain, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

100% guarantee it is

Maybe you have the "new kid friendly text"....but I doubt it

Nope - not having to deal with racist scum pretty much trumps any common interest

Translation = Racist

Also anyone training in Physis has no entitlement to any elite status because it is absolute drizzling turd

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I don't understand how one can be elitist and not racist?

3. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

You'd need to ask a few pointed questions to work out what tax bracket someone is in, i'd imagine.

4. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

No one admits to being racist anymore. Even the klu klux klan organization claims they aren't racist. Of course they are. You just have to read between the lines to pick them out.

I'm hoping the OP get's banned for pushing that white supremacist e book. This is a child friendly site, so I think it should be banworthy.

I've been to web sites where someone says something racist and no one bats an eye, which is why I have a whole new respect for some of the posters on this site for not tolerating this racist nonsense. If I was a mod he'd already be banned.

5. 8limbs38112

No disrespect to the mods.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

From "Introduction to Physis"

OP is a moron if he cannot see this as being so racist it bursts at the seams

7. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Yes, this is what I suspect. The whole "elitist" phrasing reminds me of the KKK in the media claiming they aren't anti- other races, but for "white equality." :rolleyes:

But I would like to hear OP explain in his own words what he means with that term.

Now- Mod hat on - I can assure you that the mod team is watching this thread very closely. No distribution of anything not in line with the TOS regarding racism is going to happen here through MAP.

As always, feel free to report any specific breaking of TOS using the report function. I haven't seen anything breaking TOS on here. And I am watching this thread, but if you feel the mod team has missed something, report it!

8. Pretty In Pink

Yeah I like moderated sites like this. I go on mma.tv but the off topic section is just full of white dudes being racist and sexist.

9. aaradia

Personally, I didn't know garbage like this racist MA existed before. I think knowledge of this existing is very important, so we can speak out against it.

10. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Oh don't worry, a number of the mod team are from minorities in our countries and we're keeping a very close eye.

However we should all remember that that Ryan has not mentionned anything regarding race or what he has learnt from physis so I personally will give him te benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

If someone came on here and said they were racist I'm not sure that would be ban worthy.

Saying something racist however is different. If you've seen something racist please report it.

Has the book been "pushed"?

What is ban worthy is accusing someone of being racist with no proof.

Now while I haven't yet clicked on the link which brings up the book I haven't seen anything from him that's racist.

I'd warn all against accusations without proof, or at least something reportable.

12. 8limbs38112

ok sorry. I guess i should read the rules before I get myself in trouble.

13. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

If I said
    " hi I'm reading this excellent book, mine Kampf, its excellent brah, if a little elitist, does anyone want a ecopy of it?"

Is that pushing racism?

14. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Fuses, Ryan has only said he practices physis and has not confirmed if it is the same as the one we have found in the google search.

Call down and keep your pants on.

15. aaradia

He has also made a remark that he is "elitist, but not racist" when talking about racism. So, there is a little more than the physis thing based on his own words.

Not passing judgement yet, but certainly that is a comment I believe that needs elaboration in the context of his saying he practices physis.

A google search came up with only references to this racist martial art when I typed in "physis martial art". As I said before, it could be a coincidence and he practices something different. Another art so rare a google search does not come up with anything about it at all.........................hmmmm I am keeping and open mind and not making accusations, but certainly there is some evidence here that warrants answers to questions asked.

Again, as I said in an earlier post it is possible that it is the same art, and the Physis people have a pattern of slow indoctrination and OP hasn't been exposed to the racist part yet.

I eagerly await answers by OP to the many valid questions that have been asked on this thread regarding this. And regarding what exactly he knows about his art of Physis.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  16. aaradia

Hey Simon, we have all been very careful on this thread to avoid posting any direct links to this style in any way. The logic being none of us want to have MAP be a direct link for people to find their way to that racist garbage style.

So, there is no link to click on here in any webpage descriptions or books on this.. Just google searches.:)

Or were you referring to finding a link to this book elsewhere?

17. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I don't know about anyone else but I would like a copy of the physis book so I can read for myself what its about before I cast any real judgement.

18. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

OK, so I found a couple of PDF files about physis that I'm reading through (since I have nothing else to do with my time). I will do a short summary of the two.

The first Is by Godric Lidell. The impression that I get from him is that physis is a practice of occult magik, which he refers to as natural magik. A type of magik that allows for the practitioner to reach a higher level of conscienceness through developing empathy with life and the cosmos. Practitioners of physics play an intellectual game called the 'Star game', which the writer reccomends playing for two hours a week as well as walking around with a blindfold on. The aim of physis is to apparently produce the next stage of human evolution known as Homo Galactica. More on Homo Galactica here - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_race

No, I am not making this up.

He then goes on to say that Physis is a western tradition rooted in the Hellenic civilization and that its a way of living rather than a set of specific techniques (hence why there are groups everywhere practicing this 'martial art') And unlike other occult practices it doesn't require spells, words of power or the surrender of personal identity (shaman). During practice the goal is to connect with Gaia, the cosmos and increase vitality.

He then states that a European belonging to the west will never be able to truly master eastern martial arts (or any other non European martial art) without fully committing themselves through their deeds to the way, life and destiny of the culture. Which he claims is impossible. And I claim this statement is rubbish. But let's carry on.

Physis has no grading system, or techniques of self defense, no methods of attack, no disabling punches or kicks. Instead the ability to defend oneself comes from spontaneity, the flexibility and fitness of the individual. Physics appears to have forms of some sort, a short one and a long one. The short form is based on the four cardinal points of N,E,S,W and the long one is based on, well, you guessed it, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW. I couldn't find any videos on YouTube of the Physis forms.

The second PDF by the Physis Fraternity is full of Nazi Propaganda and more of the same occultic mumbo jumbo of the first article, I feel reluctant to post anything from this article. What I will quote is the less offensive material. From what I gathered Physis is more or less exclusive to those that are Caucasian, Western European/descent and male. Physis in its current form is more of less a modern creation thanks to the Nazis (or more like no thanks).

I can't believe I wasted an afternoon on this trash.

19. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Not Physis but it is 'Aryan'.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgXtvWqGpw"]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgXtvWqGpw[/ame]

20. Pretty In Pink