New Fitness Regime

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by watto86, May 23, 2005.

1. watto86

watto86 Nah brah I'm not gone

OK. I was doing some exercises lately and have noticed an increase in my overall strength and stamina. So to gain a bit more, i've set some goals over an 8 week period for myself, and possibly will give the same one to a friend of mine.
    I don't have any pictures of what I look like at the moment. But I might take some and upload them on the weekend, so that you can get an idea of my garagantuan gut. In all its hideousness (is that even a real word?). Actually, better not, but if it works out, i'll show you all how I ended up.
    I wont copy and paste the whole routine either. Cos that would just make for a painfully long thread, but I will upload the xls file if anyone wants to look at it and tell me i'm stupid. Its only made up of bodyweight calisthenics at the moment. I might work in some kettlebells or something if I can get a hold of some down the track. But until then, this is gonna be it.
    Wish me luck all. Thanks.
    Watto :D

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

well, you could give us a few more details

3. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Can you tell summer's on the way in the UK? All these schedules are popping up everywhere hehe. I'm doing a programme of my own; done 13 days out of 5 weeks initially planned.

Good luck with yours.

:)

Rgds,
    David

4. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

I've seen the UK's summer, it's warmer in Auz's winter! :D

A workout of just body weight calisthetics isn't bad for starters, but depending on your goals you might need to get using some weights.

Details details.

5. watto86

lol. I live in Newcastle, yes. But not in the UK. There is a Newcastle in Australia, you know. lol :p.
    Thats glad to hear/read considering we're going into winter here now.
    Yeah, I've found that bodyweight calisthenics are good for strength and stamina, and i've found that I personally have gained more in those areas from them, than I did with weights. But i'm going to add some weight training into my regime in a few months probably, to try and get a little more cut/ripped than if I was to just do bodyweight exercises.
    Here's the schedule... Until I change it. :p
    Ooops. Wait. It wont let me upload it for you. Invalid file type. After I put it into a word doc or something. I'll do it then. But not now. Gotta go to work.

6. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

The reason that you gained more strength from bodyweight than weights is because there is no isolation bodyweight exercises. Garbage exercises such as curls and flys are probably the reason that you didnt gain much strength doing weights.

Weights give you strength much faster if done properly. You should be doing squats at least twice a week and heavy deadlifts once every few weeks.

7. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

Best of luck, Watto. Any exercise is better than none, but some aren't as good as they could be, follow me? I'm interested in seeing how your program has/will end up.

8. watto86

Thank you *bows*. I'll keep you all posted.