New Dojang in USA

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by John_IHF, Aug 9, 2003.

1. John_IHF

John_IHF New Member

I come from a new Dojang we opened up here in Fortlauderdale/Oaklandpark Florida (We had another school but we just moved into a bigger one so pretty much the school in total has been open for 2 years). Its at 1594 East Commercial Blvd, Oakland Park,Florida 3334. My Instructor is Master Jeffrey Allen (5thdan Kwan-Jang-nim) and he studied under Grand Master Jang, Young-Shil (9th dan Kuk-sanim) **Jang, Young-Shil is one of Grand Master Choi, Young-Sool's first students aswell**The Headquarters in Korea (Pyongtaek South Korea) is International Hapkido Federation. Hopefully if all goes well Grand Master Jang will come to our Dojang again for a second time. He came last year October, Hopefully he will come again this October I am praying that he does. I will be testing for my first Dan I'm so excited and Hopefully I please Grand Master Jang with my improvement. Well I just wanted to let you all know that we are there. If you'd like you can visit our schools website www.hapkiyoosool.com

God Bless you all,
    John_IHF

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Congrats on the move and good luck on the test. That is basically the system I trained in and I did my 1st and 2nd dan tests in Pyeongtaek (South Korea) at the HQ! I enjoy the system and all of the people I've met in it (white belt to grandmasters) are all really good people!