New Computing Website

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by hongkongfuey, Aug 26, 2004.

1. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

2. booksie_girl

booksie_girl Lucy the Terrible

Cross posting! :p

3. Tika

Tika New Member

ahh I was gonna say that but booksie beat me to it...

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Aaaah Shaddap!

Ooops - personal attack - getter go sin bin myself :Angel:

5. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Good luck with the site - I'm sure it will be as fantastic as this one.
    I've noticed a lot of folks here have IT needs or backgrounds so there should be plenty of takers.

My question - can I control my BIGTRAK using my SPEAK'N'SPELL? :D

6. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

Is anybody having trouble getting into Easy-tek website this week? I havent been able to get into it all week - I have tried using different browsers so it isnt me :cool:

7. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I know, Saz knows.

Was anyone actually using it that often anyway though?

8. murphy81

Are you saying what I think your say? Closed down? I thought that it was a very popular site, knew loads of people that used it

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Nope, not closed down. Just summat technical that needs sorting by them admins (from what I can gather).

Turning up on a site after a few days and finding zero new posts is a bummer though :(

10. murphy81

I know there sometimes is a lack of posts, but alot of people do use the site regularly.

I find it especially useful, as I am trying to get my computer business up and running, and have made quite a few friends on there, offering to help me out if needed!

Are you in charge of the site, or anything to do with it? I could put a link on my site advertising Easy Tek, for nothing of course, if you think it would help. Im yet to find a better PC Forum (or Martial arts one for that matter ;)) out there, so wouldnt like to see this that one disappear into thin air :rolleyes:

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I moderate over there but most things are out of my way - if it doesnt involve testing sites then I dont know it. If you want to link to the site, go ahead. Should get more people there :)

12. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

The domain name has expired...

I'm in the same boat as Anth (I modded there until very recently). The admin is hongkongfuey...

13. murphy81

Oh right! How long you think it would take to get it renewed? Have stuck a link on my site anyway, might improve the flow of people on there :)

14. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

twas renewed - looks like DNS got reset when I did it though for some unknown reason. Should be OK now.

15. murphy81

Easy-tek.com has gone again HongKongFuey - When I click onto the link, it takes you to a sponsored advertisement site :confused:

16. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

That it has.

No bother to me though - I've joined Saz in being an ex-mod.