New Competition footage of Rickson!

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by Dead_pool, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'd not seen competition footage of Rickson on the Go before (so not MMA)

It's good to see!

axelb, Pretty In Pink and icefield like this.
  2. icefield

icefield Valued Member

There's been a little bit of footage over the years of rickson competing and rolling, always good to watch so technical and so so dominating, his rolling with royler in warm up for pride was also good, shocking to see one of the pound for pound best ever handled so easily by his bigger brother

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

It's a pity it's been edited a little, I assume where Rickson got swept or something, but I'd love to see that, and how he dealt with the situation.

Botta Dritta likes this.
  4. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

If thats true then mores the pity. BJJ with its historical emphasis on pressure testing should be immune to the hero worship that makes people edit footage because it make their "idol look baaad (therefore make meh feel Baaad)". Sometimes I think that the emphasis in martial arts and combat sports is soo much dominance that we overlook the some of the more interesting lessons of how how you can turn it round after you have made a mistake or a tactical error. Not that that Dominance is bad...its what you aim for in sporting contest situations, its what allows you to win. Its just that its over emphasised.

Still Cool video.

5. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Not sure but if it's the fight I'm thinking of it was against a Carlson Gracie lad who was beating everyone rickson won a back and forth battle might have been down on points, but from what I remember he never really cared about points he always finished by submission

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

Not competition footage but the way he manhandles probably one of the pound for poind best no gi grapplers at the time is impressive

Dead_pool likes this.