New Bruce Lee Film

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Indie12, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I'd like to see a much more realistic story this time around. I remember the last one and it was quite out there.

3. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

I agree! Dragon was an ok biopic but it was 90% inaccurate!! I learned alot more after I started studying Bruce Lee and his work, life, etc... Then I got involved in JKD with one of his students and learned just how much inaccurate the film truly was!!

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Indie12, who did you train with? Idle curiosity. I remember that Jerry Poteet was very involved in the production of Dragon. In fact, he's in the background in several scenes, mostly Lee's match with the gung fu master, where he gets kicked in the back (though, in real life, I think he hurt his back weightlifting).

5. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Sifu Taky Kimura.

Yeah, Jerry Proteet was very involved in the Dragon film. Wonder who will be involved in this latest film?

6. Indie12

Indie12 Valued Member

Yeah, he was doing 'Good Mornings' and injured his back. The scene in Dragon where he fights the guy and gets injured is entirely inaccurate. In fact the funny thing I found was that the actual fight was really running and Bruce throwing the guy to the ground and asking "do you give up?". No fists or kicks were ever thrown.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yeah, it all sounded pretty Keystone Cops based on Linda Lee Cadwell's account in Bruce Lee: The Man Only I Knew. Or some such. (Been a while since I read it.)