New Bourne Movie...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Coges, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Coges

Coges Valued Member

Please don't do it!!!

According to this article...

http://www.awn.com/news/acting/actor-list-large-bourne-spinoff

Shia Lebeouf is being considered for the role of Jason Bourne in a new movie. Also being considered is Toby Macguire. WTF??? Btw, not for the role of Jason Bourne. It's another assassin and will be set at the same time as the first three movies.

I don't see either of these guys as a Bourne type character. Of all the names that the article throws up, maybe Gyllenhall but even then.

Who do you guys think should take the role?

Personally I'd love to see Scott Adkins (yes I know he was in the Bourne Ultimatum) for the role but not sure he has the star power.

2. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

Shia Lebouf, would be interested to see how he handles that kind of role. Gyllenhal sounds cool.

maybe James Franco

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Never thought of Matt Damon as the "action hero" type until I saw the first Bourne film. But then, Bourne is an intelligent hero and those actors listed all have the dramatic range to portray intelligence. Training and choreography will take care of the rest.

Leo DiCaprio, Sam Worthington or Chris Pine could work. Anybody but Channing Tatum or (god forbid) Jaden Smith.

4. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

I dunno, I'd quite like to see Jaden Smith as an assassin that goes after Leo DiCaprio and doesn't win :p

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Worthington I'd quite like to see. Dicaprio could probably pull it off well but for some reason I don't like attaching a name that big to it. Josh Hartnett I think would actually be an interesting one but they can **** off with toby macguire

6. invisi

invisi Valued Member

More bourne!... The 'voices' in his head are the some of the worst criminals in history!

One of the saddest film series i've ever seen.

Just more action, now there are new theaters of conflict, they might make more of these films. Maybe Tom Clancey would be a good script writer; he would be pretty clued up on that bourne thing.

7. Constant Flux

Constant Flux Valued Member

Guys, the character of Jason Bourne is not in the new movie. The story occurs during the same timeline as the first three flicks but its not a Jason Bourne film.

Check out the last sentence from the link given above: "The story will take place during the timeline of the first three BOURNE films, but not involve Jason Bourne."

8. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Lucas Black, Paul Walker, idris elba, Orlando Bloom... thats all I have off the top of my head.

9. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

A what movie?

[​IMG]