New Bo Staff Tricks!!!(Neck Rolls and Release Moves)

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by xmawut, Mar 30, 2008.

1. xmawut

xmawut New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVw29NrEX3A"]Extreme Bo Staff - NICK BATEMAN - YouTube[/ame]

enjoy all!

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Flashy, and I think thats the best comment you'll get from people here on it ;)

3. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Though it's nice to see the majorettes attracting boys to their under appreciated pass time.

The Bear.

4. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Would have been better with a giant glow stick! :)

5. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

and darth maul face paint.

6. Langenschwert

Langenschwert Molon Labe

At least majorettes use metal sticks. ;)

-Mark

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Was wondering what it was made of, looks like carbon fibre, which means it weights about the same as a spiders fart.

The Bear.

8. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

I have seen fancier stick twirling by a drunk man leading a flute band in an orange order parade.

9. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Comin' fae Larkhaw am no surprised.

The Bear.

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Is this more of that "Extreme martial arts" stuff?:rolleyes:

11. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Very nice - now try it with my garden rake :cool:

12. davefly76

davefly76 Valued Member

whilst there is plenty of skill involved in performing those moves, there is little or no martial application, therefore, why the rediculously loud and long ki ahp/kiai?

13. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

DO XMA! Dawn your sparky outfit! Grab your plastic weapon! Impress your opponents in to defeat with your trickery! :)

14. xmawut

xmawut New Member

Traditional Bo!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kgattyvmrs"]Nick Bateman - Traditional Weapons - YouTube[/ame]

what do you want to see this guy can do Open and Traditional

15. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Every time I see one of these "spectacular" demos. I think of THIS guys reaction.

Attached Files:

• indy.gif
      indy.gif
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
  16. Topher

Topher allo!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNgVlt5yYw"]www.parlayer.com - Kid Goes Insane At Karate Competition - YouTube[/ame]

17. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ummm..... granted i haven't seen that many bo kata, but that looks about as traditional as my ****. totally competition/exhibition centric. also, a shiko dachi(the square stance) that low is absolutely worthless, one tap and you collapse, potentially tearing half your thigh ligaments.

18. xmawut

xmawut New Member

ahaha thats funny cuz that form won him 1 of his 4 NBL World titles ... this guy has the best National Blackbelt League weapons record in one year in history...do you have on of you form on vid i'd love to see it!

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

sorry, but winning titles has absolutely nothing to do with proper forms, it just means you do pretty stuff. and for your information i turned down the chance to go to the wkc juniors world cup in novo mesto, slovenia, precisely because i don't like sportified martial arts. in fact i actually left the dojo i was training in here after they started pressing me to do sports karate, and now i'm perfectly happy in a traditional dojo. add to that a big stinking pile of kata medals i have rotting in a drawer here in my room, and you can see that i know both sides of the argument. that kata may be strong and fast and whatever else, but it looks completely competition oriented, with needless kiais all over the places, and silly low shiko dachis.

20. xmawut

xmawut New Member

...the bos are weighed, the gi's must be white, and there are no more than 4 kias aloud (unnessassary kias??)...so besides the low shiko dachi 's, that form traditionaly speaking look pretty nice to me!