New Bag

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bodyshot, Feb 12, 2015.

1. bodyshot

bodyshot Brown Belt Zanshin Karate

So I've had to take a bit of a break in my martial arts training, I'm still practicing at home nightly just can't make it down to the school right now as my wife is recovering from surgery.

Went to the door today and what did I see, an ever last cardio bag with 95 pound weighted stand its called the ever flex, anyone have one.

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I used to see those when my kids took TKD. The good thing with them is one can move them around when necessary

Having something similar - a freestanding reflex bag, I've mixed feelings regarding freestanding bags. When they are new, the reflex spring is able to bring the bag quickly. As with humans; however, as they age, they loose a good bit of their flexibility!

My younest has beaten the hell out of it so much that it dern't want to return to a vertical position in good time. Needs a new spring. When I find a decent double end bag, I'm getting rid of the reflex bag.

The other drawback is the base itself. Not so much in the way as you're just aware of it all of the time.

In certain situations where having a ceiling mounted heavy bag isn't practical and one does a bit of kicking, it would certainly do. Just be mindful that its elasticity and recoil have a limited lifespan.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015