New 9th Dan?

Discussion in 'Kuk Sool' started by Out-to-Lunch, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Out-to-Lunch

Out-to-Lunch Valued Member

Hello all,
    I was browsing the Gaya Won today, and noticed that Master Harmons book is being listed there...I did notice one unique thing on the ad, that is that Master Harmon is listed as being a "9th Dan Kuk Sool Master"...Has this promotion already taken place?
    I was under the impression that this would happen during the World Championships?

http://www.kuksoolwon.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/5000yrs.jpg

Also, is Master Choon-Ok Harmon slated to also be promoted to 9th dan? Is Master Sung Jin moving up to 8th?

Thanks!
    --josh

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  2. hwarang cl

hwarang cl The Evil Twin

No, it will be official at tournament.

No, after being training partners and for that matter "partners" for 28 years, she is not going to be promoted as well. :rolleyes:, Ofcourse YKJN Choon ok will be promoted, why wouldn't she?

I'm not sure about if master SJS will be promoted to 8th or not, if memory serves he was "just" promoted. But i could be wrong time has been flying by lately.

3. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

any other planned promotions of masters this year?

4. Bahng Uh Ki

Bahng Uh Ki Valued Member

When people see that ad in the program book at tournament, he will be a ninth dan... within a few minutes.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  5. KSWarrior

KSWarrior www.warriorinstitute.com

Will that make Master Harmon the first Non-Asian 9th Dan....What a major accomplishment! It has truly been a long time coming....

6. KSW_123

KSW_123 Valued Member

There will be a large number of promotions this year.

Just look at the master's page on Oct 13th and you will see a big change.