Netflix Instant

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by warriorofanart, Jul 10, 2012.

1. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I have had Netflix on my PS3 for about 2 months and I have knocked out dozens of movies and tv series. Yet, I haven't really seen that many movies that really make me say: "Whoa, that was awesome!" on netflix. So, since there are literally thousands of movies and tv shows on netflix, let's unite and sort the good from the bad. The online lists aren't that great, so it's down to good ol' experience.

I'll start:

AWESOME:​

13 Assassins - *Best* Samurai movie in the last couple of decades; typical evil warlord storyline, but with the best hour long battle scene you'll see. *Must Watch* Action/Adventure, Japanese Foreign Film

GOOD:​

The Twilight Samurai - A pretty cool story about an improvised samurai who is taking care of his ailing mother and two daughters. It's a heartwarming story with some surprising action. Action/Adventure, Japanese Foreign Film

Letters from Iwo Jima - The WWII account of the Japanese on the isles of Iwo Jima. A war movie with a different perspective. Very well done. Military Drama

Outrage - Brutal Yakuza film with some pretty intense violence. Although it's spaced and far inbetween, it's not for the faint of heart. Action/Adventure, Japanese Foreign Film

Yes, a lot of Japanese foreign films, but that's what I've been into these past couple of days. So let's hear some awesome movies streaming on Netflix!

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Ironclad
    Most of Tony Jaa's stuff
    Merentau

for starters

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

ALL the Star Trek series : D : D : D

4. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Battlestar Galatica, the 2004 tv series
    many Jackie Chan movies are available
    the Jackie Chan cartoon series (particularly the first couple seasons)
    anything by Hanna Barbera that you can find

5. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

The Big Lebowski - the greatest movie ever made about a slacker who gets his rug pee'd on.

High School of the Dead - cool anime about zombies.

Family Guy, Futurama - simply good stuff.

Broken Arrow - Movie about an Air Force pilot trying to steal some nuclear weapons.

Adam 12 - old police show from the 60's. Worth watching as it is totally different from anything you'll see nowadays.

6. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Watched it again last week. I pretty much think it's a requirement for all real men to watch it annually. :)

Another one: Ken Burn's "Jazz" documentary. Oh, yeah.

I've been known to enjoy a bit of "iCarly" and "Suite Life on Deck" now and then. How can you not love Sam and London? :D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012