Nei kung

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Shin-ken sho-bu, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Shin-ken sho-bu

Shin-ken sho-bu New Member

If anyone knows the deep aspects of nei kung, and how to perform the meditations and excercises i would greatly apseciatd it if you could share this with me. I am aware that anyone who has an extensive knowledge of this secretive art would be relunctant to share., and i respect that and am aware of the seriousness and earnesty it takes to practice this art, but i am very serious about this. Thank you

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

nei gong is not a secretive art. go learn tai chi.

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Nei Kung/Gung - just means "internal work". Could be a whole load of different stuff from different styles, etc etc..

I'm guessing you read Kosta Danaos's book...

4. Shin-ken sho-bu

Yes i read kosta danaos book. And a lot of other literature on the subject. I am aware that nei kung is similar to thai chi. But it is not the same thing. Nei kung came first and depends more on the mind and meditation for chi cultivation etc. Not the breath primarily. I ha8e an extensive knowledge of the history of the art and its uses. I want to know how to qerform the meditations and the art. I already know what it is.

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Thread moved to Internal Arts and duplicate thread removed.

6. Shin-ken sho-bu

More spefically, i an interested in the mo pai form of nei kung. If that helps

7. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Well, I really doubt that there is anyone on this board who trains it. I would say your best bet would be to head straight for the source in Java. Or type in John Chang in to youtube and see if you can contact some of the folk who post the original vids.

8. Shin-ken sho-bu

Thanks for understanding inthespirit. I apreciate the feedback. Not the answer i was hoping for. It seems really hard to find out the nessecary info on this without going to the source. I dont have the recources for that so it seems im stuck for the time being

9. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

No worries. But, since your stuck for the time being, might as well train some internal martial art while your stuck. I'm sure it will come in handy or at least prepare you for when/if you do ever find a mo-pai teacher.

If you let us know what town/city,country your in, maybe we can recommend a good school/teacher...

10. Shin-ken sho-bu

I live in columbus ohio. Again thanks. If i were to train in another form it would preferably be along the lines of qi gong or chi kung or something of that nature

11. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Shin-ken sho-bu, sorry, I dont know any in that area. But, I'm sure there must be some.

I did a google search of taiji in your area and found this place:

http://www.taiji-ohio.com

They do Chen style taiji as well HynYuan QiGong which is a style of qigong I've done before and found to be very good. The combination of the two (Chen taiji and HynYuan QiGong) would serve you well in developing a strong/flexible mind and body and further for any other internal practice. This stuff would be particularly good for a younger body too. I dont know how old you are but if your under 30, this stuff is a great starting point.

Hope thats of some use to you.

12. Shin-ken sho-bu

Thanks a lot spirit. This should definitly be a good start. Ill check it out

13. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

No probs! Good luck! and let us know how it goes!

14. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

If you are interested in learning some Neigong, I recommend:

Xing Yi Neigong

It's an excellent reference to begin Neigong training.

15. Shin-ken sho-bu

Thanks dan, ill check it out

16. LoChu

LoChu Valued Member