need to expose this con

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by inferis, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Really? aren't the BKMO the authority on British Krav? not really knowing i'd say they were - so yeah accredited by whatever people give acreditation to any other martial arts organistaion. Also is MAP realy taking sides? i wouldn't think so as i don't believe any idividual constitues the entity that is MAP. There is however enough people on this thread stating that the instruction isn't very good.

He's not getting praise. I do think however that regardless of the price if your paying for Krav and getting Krav whatever that entails then you get what you paid for from the official? (is that the correct word) organistaion. If your thinking of saving cash then don't do MA it really is that simple.

Baza

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Awkwardly the BKMO is the organisation the OP is complaining about.

Krav Maga isn't very good in general.

I think it is dangerous to condemn an instructor on the say-so of a rival instructor. Sure, that video looks awful, but it's not the worse krav maga video I've seen.

3. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Yip had noticed i had added the O whilst getting confused with all the association/organisation listed. BKM i should say (according to website). Aren't Britsh Krav Maga the authority on Krava Maga in Britian - i should have said. Also if not then who is the accredited asociation/organistaion.

Baza

4. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

You mean there's worse? (I may regret asking)

5. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

But if these charges are true and if these sources are legit, then the OP loses nothing by having the accused be aware of this campaign. Not involving the accused only makes everything else suspect. The accused may very well be a terrible instructor making fraudulent claims. But what's lost by giving him the opportunity to answer those charges?

6. holyheadjch

At least that video didn't involve suicidal knife disarms.

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

8. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Come now, we see videos like these often. Think of it as comedy :evil: (Turn off the sound in the video and play a silly sound track with it while watching)

I like the video with the two arms straight out. I guess they are trying to be a opponent who is trying to push or rehearse for a Frankenstein role
    [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cq2v-7HKik"]Krav Maga System - Liverpool Manchester London Crewe Wilmslow - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

That's what she said ......

There's more on the same yt channel. Same level though.

10. holyheadjch

Incidentally, that s a different KM group as far as I can tell, which goes to my point that all KM is suspect, so we shouldn't unfairly single out one instructor because he has a beef with the OP.

Let's just all agree that Krav Maga is to martial arts as Jedward is to pop music - all hype and ego, no discernable talent required.

11. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

12. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Nope- we don't all agree.

I am not into putting down an entire style. I am sure there are some dedicated and skilled martial artists out there who study this style. To me, it is more about the school and the quality of instruction than the style.

And I, for one, don't want to alienate a whole group of fellow MAists from this site by putting down their entire style.

13. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Not even Dux Ryu Ninjitsu?

14. holyheadjch

I don't doubt there are some very skilled martial artists in the world who study Krav Maga. I don't doubt there are some wonderful instructors who teach Krav Maga. However, I believe those skilled martial artists and wonderful instructors are so skilled and wonderful in spite of their study of Krav Maga, not because of it.

Krav Maga persists solely because of its association with the IDF. Every Krav Maga school touts its military credentials as proof that it works, completely ignoring the fact that what passes for Krav Maga in the UK shares basically nothing except its name with the combatives training offered to Israeli soldiers and there is not really any actual evidence that the combatives training that the IDF receive is better than the unarmed combat training received by soldiers from any other country (which is almost always perfunctory and largely useless).

15. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

No opinion- never heard of it!

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Frank Dux school/style

Without exception its horrible

17. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Fair enough, point is regardless of quality of instruction, if a style is founded on principles that are ridiculous, there is room for ridicule, I've met people who've been very dedicated to the pursuit of a style, and are technically "skilled" at it, but the style itself is too flawed to be of any real benefit to someone, beyond the general benefits that physical exercise and dedication yield.

18. Master E

Master E Valued Member

Whoa!

Okay, Before I begin to take on any kind of heat for this guy I want to make sure it's clear, I am not this Edwards guy, I am Master John A. Ervin. I study Amanekaii not this Krav Ma style. So before any kind of accusation is mad against me just know that I am not this guy. I promise.

-- Master Ervin

19. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

What About Dillman Ryu?

While I agree that "putting down a style" can be harsh. And MAP is not a place like Bull-____o. Whenever their are questionable Martial Arts, Instructors (esp those creating their own style), most respectable members here do come forth and investigate this. There are many threads like this. Somewhat starting as; "I think I should study from this school"....

I see no different about giving opinions about a school, instructor, or style with sincere questionable intent to help someone keep away. Perhaps the thread "started" too harsh with words like: "need to expose this con"

As for KM, I have seen flaws. But then again, I have seen flaws in other martial arts. The issue with any martial art is what are the "claims" verses what is the "actual applications"

20. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

I don't have huge problems with KM as an art per se, but the way it's marketed, the appalling MLM nature of the organisations and the prevalence of "gun defence" material are problems for me.