need to expose this con

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by inferis, Jun 23, 2015.

1. inferis

inferis New Member

I don't really post or reply any thread but this time I do it because this con must be exposed. It's dangerous to teach self-defense if you don't have the required qualifications
    this man is Wayne edward and his website is there.
    http://www.kravmagaliverpool.co.uk/

he's been exposed from the british krav maga organisation but it stays only on their website.
    http://www.kravmagawarrington.co.uk/british-krav-maga-organisation.html

BKMO |British Krav Maga Organisation – Misleading claims

Public Statement

British Krav Maga is aware of a number claims made by one Wayne Edwards of Manchester. Mr Edwards has previously gone to great lengths to pass off as, or associate himself with British Krav Maga.

British Krav Maga is NOT associated with Wayne Edwards (AKA Master E) or his British Krav Maga Organisation and has never been associated with any of his claims, training programmes, gradings or business endevours.

Wayne Edwards has made a number of misleading claims about his qualifications in and experience as a Krav Maga Instructor. We were compelled to release a public statement regarding this individual due to the similarity of his trading name and the unsubstantiated nature of Mr Edwards claims.

Claim 1: Qualified British Krav Maga Instructor

Wayne Edwards attempted Instructor basic training with British Krav Maga in March 2013. At that time Mr Edwards had no previous Krav Maga training. Mr. Edwards was unsuccessful and was referred back to re attempt the following course.
    Following a series outbursts and inappropriate behaviour from Wayne Edwards, British Krav Maga withdrew the offer for him to re attempt certification and refunded his fees. In April 2013 Wayne Edwards claimed via kravmagamanchester.com that he was a British Krav Maga qualified Instructor. He was asked to remove his claim. Whilst Mr Edwards uses the term Master E, Mr Edwards holds no Krav Maga Instructor certification from any recognised krav maga organisation.

Claim 2: British Krav Maga Organisation
    Mr Edwards trades under the name, ‘British Krav Maga Organisation‘ where he claims to be a fast growing national/international concern. Mr Edwards BKMO website would appear to have numerous national branches. On examination this appears to be himself, 2 co founders and 3 part time locations. Mr Edwards offers a 4 day, £299 Instructor courses in his own version of Krav Maga recognised by his British Krav Maga Organisation. This course, nor any instructors ARE ASSOCIATED with British Krav Maga.

Claim 3: Teaching Krav Maga

Mr Edwards simultaenously claims to be teaching authentic Krav Maga and a freestyle system devised by himeself called Krav Maga. Mr Edwards hold no Krav Maga Instructor certification or recognition from any known Krav Maga Organisation. Mr Edwards states:

“The name (Krav Maga) is not patented and the techniques are not exclusive to so called authentic Kravist’s”

Claim 4: Training Krav Maga since 2004

In March 2013 Wayne Edwards informed his course tutor that he had seen Krav Maga training in the states in 2004 but had ‘no significant training‘. This was documented on his coaching record and Wayne Edwards showed no prior K.M experience in March 2013. By April 2013 Wayne Edwards was claiming 10 years experience teaching and training Krav Maga. Mr Edwards now appears to hold “Master” status in Krav Maga.

Genuine Krav Maga Sources in the UK
    An increasing number of disreputable individuals are attempting to cash in on Krav Maga’s success via a range of quick “instructor” courses. Organisations providing credible Instructor training courses in the uk are:

British Krav Maga Federation (FEKM)
    British Krav Maga (BKMA)
    Israeli Krav Maga Association
    Israeli Krav Maga Federation
    Krav Maga Global
    Krav Maga Haim Zut

If you are looking for Krav Maga and are considering his British Krav Maga organisation, we would draw your attention to the credible recognised organisations cited above.
    We would advise extreme caution to anyone considering getting involved with Mr Edwards or his BKMO brand

Paul Grey

Training Director

2. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

The British Krav Maga Association runs a 5 day self defence instructor course for people with "no prior training requirements".

Thank you for bringing this suspect organisation to our attention.

3. MsjFreak

MsjFreak New Member

Hello inferis,
    I'm kinda of newbie here at map. Nonetheless, I think it's not appropriate to "Expose" someone without his presence. He should be asked about his claims, not judged without asking him.
    If he ignored or didn't want to explain his position, why don't the British Krav Maga Federation or British Krav Maga Association sue him for fraud?
    It's not that I'm defending him or something, it's just not appropriate to "Expose" someone without having a fair conversation about his claims with him. Also if he is a fraud he should be sued, not just exposed on the internet.
    Sincerly..
    MsjFreak

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

People who don't participate on a forum, but come on here because they have some political style ax to grind with some teacher just usually make themselves look bad IMO.

5. inferis

inferis New Member

political?
    it's dangerous to teach what is not working in the streets, and I don't care about looking bad, I don't care of what you think, I don't care of you. He runs a mcdojo, give false confidence and bad teachings, I do wha it needs to be done.

6. aaradia

Lol! Because posting this on an Internet forum where you have not participated (except one other post in 3 years) makes all the difference!

I'll say it again, people who are obsessed with how others train need to spend that time focusing on their own training instead.

There are plenty of avenues for a new student to choose a school wisely before signing up. They will always have to pick between false masters and bad instruction. But a simple book, questions asked about how to choose a good school on a forum will sidestep that mistake.

No, I don't buy you just came on here with some noble purpose to save others. What is your background in all this? Tell us more about your training and why this issue is so near and dear to your heart. Are you a rival instructor?

Maybe the guy is a fraud, maybe not. Frauds in MA's are a dime a dozen but it is easy enough to avoid them in this day and age. No need to go out and be so proactive about it.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Whilst I agree with you, that also applies to all krav orgs.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

That rules out the vast majority of arts, including Krav - it is patchy at best

So what are your "street" qualifications?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  9. Avenger

Avenger Banned Banned

Looks like just another person trying to make money, nothing new, if they seek you out, you know your getting fleeced.

10. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

careful inferis. You have already gained the attention of the moderators. And not in a good way. Please plan your next posts accordingly. So far, you've done very little to advance your cause.

11. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Invite him to MAP :)

12. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Invite him to a MAP meet !!!

Handshakes all round followed by a little unreal , finished off with some Ian

13. aaradia

Well, I looked around his Facebook page and his website to invite him to share his side of this sorted mess. But it wasn't easy to leave information without signing up in some way, so I abandoned my quest.

I would have liked to let him know, but not enough to sign up for pages or sales pitches from a Krav Maga site in another country.

Again, he may or may not be what OP claims. But a simple google of his name pulled up this same information on the official British Krav Maga organization. There was no need to post it here and air that organizations issues. Any potential student who bothered to do a google search would have found the issues surrounding him on the first page of results.

If someone can't be bothered, in this day and age, to google a school before signing up, they deserve what they get.

I get if you have to post it on your official site, but I don't get having to bring up your Krav Maga dirty laundry here. You have the right, but I have the right to say what I think about it.

Best yet. Go train! Go teach! Let the quality of your training speak for itself! And don't worry about what other do.

BTW, how about posting some positive stuff on here? Training tips? Your perspective in the self defense threads? Help out some newbies?

Do you want to build up martial arts in a positive way or only tear others down?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  14. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I live on one, does that count

15. holyheadjch

He seems to be in this for the money. Running dodgy instructor courses for thousands of pounds aren't really the actions of someone looking to achieve anything positive. It's one reason why krav maga has such a shockingly bad reputation for quality control.

16. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

To the OP, does he have any videos showcasing technique we can look at? I think that's probably one the best ways to see if what he is teaching is legit (as in it would actually be effective) or not.

17. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VR8Hf7puOEs[/ame]

18. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

i'll be honest i don't care that he chose to expose this guy. In many ways i think he was right. If i was looking for Krav (which i'm not) i'd come here ask for help and look around. I see this post an immediately go to it to get the scoop. He has provided relative links and testimony by an accredited organisation. Taking the organisations advice (Not the OP's) i'd simlpy not go to that school.

I think he did the right thing and maybe saved a lurker (on this sight) a substantial amount of money. I don't particularly care how he went about or wether or not he had an axe to grind but the information according to accredited source is accurate or else they'd be in defamation.

Even though i don't have a dog in this fight i still think the OP was right and may have saved someone a lot of cash and maybe the persons pride too.

Baza

19. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

20. holyheadjch

Accredited by whom? The OP's organisation is just as shady as Wayne Edward's organisation. They both offer dodgy instructor training programmes and I've seen nothing from either that hands them the high ground.

The BKMA and the BKMO are distinct KM entities and I don't think MAP should be picking and choosing sides when only one side of the story has been relayed.

£3K for Krav Maga instructor training.
    £800 for self defence instructor training

If you're looking to save someone cash, I think you're praising the wrong dude.