need gloves

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by maximus_tkd, Jun 16, 2004.

1. maximus_tkd

maximus_tkd New Member

i need to get a new pair of gloves, and i know im going to get a pair of 10oz ones, im just not sure what kind, anyone on here have any preferences, and reasons as to which ones are worth it?

2. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

depends on how much you are looking to spend....

3. TheMachine

TheMachine Valued Member

bag gloves or sparring gloves?

4. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Where I train, our sparring gloves must be 14oz at least. They cost me about 39 Euro (35 bucks?). Bag gloves cost less, but then again, it depends on the quality. Just don't by too small bagwork gloves, they hurt my fingers! :(

5. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

use your bare fist!

6. MuayKiDo

MuayKiDo Che!

Or wrap 'em in hemp! If u lose, just lay back and smoke dat stuff!

7. maximus_tkd

maximus_tkd New Member

pocket...depends on what im getting, some pretty decent ones, money doesnt really matter although i dont need the most expensive ones, i mean im willing to spend a little if it is worth it

everyone else...im pretty sure if you read my post i said "10oz gloves", never said i wanted bagloves or anything else

8. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

Try fairtex, windy, twins. I have pairs of fairtex and twins boxing gloves, good leather, durable.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2004
  9. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

I can definatly reccomend twins bag gloves and sparring gloves. I have 1 pair of 16oz velcro and one pair of 14 oz lace up. Both are fantastic quality and will last a long time.

10. pocketwarrior

pocketwarrior New Member

Yep, i agree anything by fairtex, twins or thaismai are very good. Expensive but they will last for ages. Always go for genuine leather not synthetic and not those cheapy gloves that are so stiff that you cant even make a fist when wearing them.
    When i fight in competitions i wear 10oz fairtex and when i spar i wear 16oz MAR which arent as good as the top brands, but they have lasted me ages with no problems.
    Best to try a few different brands on first if possible and see what you think...

11. Sagat

Sagat New Member

anyone know how to clean the inside and outside of gloves and keep them from stanking like corn flakes? :eek:

12. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

I love my 12oz twins too...

13. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

14. nicolo

nicolo Valued Member

how to keep your gloves nice and clean??

avoid using them and sweating into them! put two large sticks of fresh cedar into them or some other moisture absorbing and fresh smelling stuff. I use to stuff Odor Eaters into my gloves too and that stuff works! Course you'll blind whoever you spar with and all but hey...

15. alex_000

alex_000 You talking to me?

OR buy full leather ones (in/out) and stop worrying. They never stink if you keep em outside 1 night/ week.

16. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Try looking of Tuf-Wear gloves i'm sure they have some good ones.

17. BangkokBabay

BangkokBabay New Member

Hi,

I am also in the market for some new gloves, I prefer Twins 10 oz gloves and I would suggest trying Ebay! :cool:

Good Luck