need advice...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by battlestone, Nov 26, 2005.

1. battlestone

battlestone New Member

I weight lift daily, as in almost every day i normally do reps of ten to 30.
    I have good toned muscles, but no bulk. I need to know how to build them up as well as make them stronger.(in the arms mostly, I have long arms lol)
    But keep in mind I will not use any chemicals to do this. I want to do this naturally.
    Also I need to know how to make my abs show up better I was up to five hundred crunches last year, with no effect. lol, Besides them being stronger and hurting fotr the rest of the hour.

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

hi matey, before the flaming starts i'll just get some pointers in.

Reduce the number of reps and increase the number of sets. for example try doing 5 sets of 5 reps and increase the weight accordingly

try lifting less often say three times a week. you may be overtraining

sit-ups are not the best exercise for geting a six pack. they do not muscle effectively. try squats, deadlifts, olympic lifts which really work the core muscles. this combined with a lower body-fat % (through a good diet) will give you the stomache you desire :)

Check the H&F sticky's at the top of the forum for more information. they will point you to quality sites such as www.t-nation.com which have plenty of workouts for those desiring strength or the bodybuilder look.

3. battlestone

battlestone New Member

work out less? dont know about that one but ill give the other stuff a try.
    Buy what is olympic lifts? Not much into olympic stuff, just what little they showed us in hs weight lifting class.
    ps thanks

4. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

your muscles need time to recover (and more importantly grow). i give it at least a day for m,ajor work outs. there are some excerises i do everyday (for example chins-buts that cause ive got a bar in my room and cant resist!) but most big lifts i leave at least a day in between.

olympic lifts are thing such as clean and press, clean and jerk etc. the things you see powerlifters doing in the olympics. top class exercises.

5. JokerFMJ

JokerFMJ Valued Member

To oversimplify the process: When you lift weights, you rip fibers in your muscles. They then heal (repair themselves) and make them stronger. If you don't give them enough time to heal (repair themselves) then you're severly impeding on your muscle development.

This is why many programs do a major muscle group on one day, then a different major muscle group the next day. It gives the first muscles time to heal.

The resting/healing period is nearly as important (if not as important) as the exercising period.

6. battlestone

battlestone New Member

Yeah thats why I work uper body one day and lower body the next and normally take sunday off.
    but always practice.

7. battlestone

battlestone New Member

thanks for the exp. iamraisen !

8. Try adding weight, and doing (far) less reps. 500 reps is a test of muscular endurance, rather than strength. Then, sort your diet out :)

low bf% + decent abdominal muscles = 6 pack

9. battlestone

battlestone New Member

Im 6' and weigh less than 140lbs, almost no bf herewhish I could post my pic so you all could see that.

Ohh and I add ten pounds once a mounth. or at leats this time i have been, some times I quit the weight lifting rutine all togeather it dosent seem to do what Im looking for or gets boraing doing it alone.

10. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

6' and under 140lbs???
    Eat more, lots lots more (of the right foods). Lift heavy. Rest. Repeat.

11. battlestone

battlestone New Member

ieat all day and dont gain weight hyper motabolism.

Any it might help to show my exact work out.
    bench: 3x10- 130lbs-180lbs, (depends on how i feel)
    dumbells curl: 30-45 lbs paramid 1x10 each
    leg extenions: 3x30- 70 lbs( dont have extra weights)
    barbell curl: 3x15- 45 lbs
    power clean: 1-3x10-110lbs (depends on how i feel)
    restance exercise for 10- 20 min.
    gold gym gripers: set at levrl six,(walmart bought)for 30 min each hand
    100-300 pushups a day, 100 sit ups a day, 100-500 crunches a day,
    6-10 miles, when i do just light workouts( run at local park do pu, su, c, and chin ups at park)
    well some of that I 0nly do on my lower work out and the weights I always do with my uper work out.

12. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I very much doubt you eat "all day". Can you post what you eat in a typical day?

13. In that case, bench, squats, deadlifts and lots of other big coupounds (plus weighted crunches :))

14. battlestone

battlestone New Member

pizza when I have some snack cakes/ muffins, pastas, ceral, oat meal, or what ever my woman cooks, normally eat all of the above at least once a day.
    What can I say Im always hungry, and try not to eat the same thing to much.
    When I go for chinnesse buffet I eat about 5 plats, with chopsticks. ( a friend taught me how when I was 15, he owned a peking restrunt)

15. battlestone

battlestone New Member

and lots of other big coupounds ?

16. JokerFMJ

JokerFMJ Valued Member

17. battlestone

battlestone New Member