Need a new everyday carry knife

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by hardball, Dec 6, 2013.

1. hardball

hardball Valued Member

I'm looking for a new 3 to 3 1/2 inch folder that will last. My last three knife purchases were cheapos. I thought I had bought a decent knife when I bought my sleek new smith and Wesson folder. It broke with no trauma for and for no reason at all. This time I am willing to spend the bucks to get a reliable folder that will last at least ten years. I prefer one that has a partial serrated edge. Please recommend your favorite knife and include pics if possible. Thanks in advance.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I use a Leatherman charge with technically is a multitool but has a straight blade & a aerated one as well as lots of other useful tools. I use it for work every day and its done well in the three years I've had it.

3. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Maryland Law

How long is the blade? It has to be no longer than 3 1/2 inches. Is it bulky? I will use it for concealed carry. How much was it? Where did you buy it?

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

5. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Is their a Maryland law that restricts blade length to under 3 1/2"? I have never heard of one, and I have heard/googled there isn't any restriction. Or is it a local law where you are at?

6. Trewornan

Trewornan Valued Member

Benchmade Emissary?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA2lvNpzfKA"]Benchmade Emissary 470-1 Demo - YouTube[/ame]

7. KaliKuntaw

KaliKuntaw Valued Member

8. GaryWado

GaryWado Tired

What are you looking to do with it?

9. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

Might consider a Spyderco. All my picks are outside of your size range by about half an inch or are not folders.

If you're open to fixed-blades, it's hard to beat an ESEE Izula or Rowen.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  10. hardball

hardball Valued Member

It's either Maryland state law or Baltimore local law--I think.

11. hardball

hardball Valued Member

12. hardball

hardball Valued Member

I'm almost ready to buy but would like a few more suggestions. Thanks in advance.

13. hardball

hardball Valued Member

What kind of question is that to ask in a weapons forum on a martial arts site?

14. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

This is a very good point, Different jobs for different tools, I have a folder at home thats carbon steel and is for DIY, and depending on where Im going I have a collection of ultra small spyderco, and a swiss army knife that are all good for different things, non of which are looking tacticool.

15. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Everyday Carry

I said it was for everyday carry.l

16. Dead_pool

and what do you do everyday with it, opening packages, Self defense carry, cutting vegetables, hiking etc

tell us more!

17. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Self defense carry.

18. Dead_pool

Why serrated if its for self defense?

Unless you want to cause injury that cant be easily medically/surgically treated?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  19. hardball

hardball Valued Member

Same reason someone would want a hollow point bullet in their handgun.

20. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

You always want an all purpose blade (that's what a knife for self defense turns into : P) to be partly serrated. Sometimes you just have to saw something a bit.