Name for this throw?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by greg1075, Sep 2, 2015.

1. greg1075

greg1075 Valued Member

Throw done from behind.

You go down on one knee and wedge a shoulder right under their butt and grab both their ankles, then bump them with shoulder and pull their ankles.

I've done it a lot from slipping jab/cross but don't think I ever really had a name for it. I think I always called it "body drop" though that's what uke is doing to break the fall, not the throw itself. I need to put it on my technique list for an upcoming test.

Thanks guys.

2. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

In Chinese wrestling, it's called "摟(Lou) - outer hook". It's pretty much like the wrestling "double legs" but used while you are behind your opponent.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

How do you get behind them in the first place?

Sounds like you are describing a double ankle pick from behind...but that's not really a thing I've ever seen done for real.

4. Dao

Dao Valued Member

Ushiro morote gari - rear two hands reap

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Seen it done. Essentially a double leg from the back via a scramble.

So for example, you got going in a ground fighting situation...other person gets up and turns away but you're still only half up. Grab one ankle...then the other and drive forward.

Cant see it standing as a smooth standing sequence from standing though.

Also would need good hooked hands for it.

6. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

You wouldn't try to take the back instead? It feels like you'd have very limited control of your opponents hips and they would easily turn out of it to recover guard.

7. qazaqwe

qazaqwe Valued Member

Yeah, you'd have to be right on them for the position to have any benefit, even then there is just as much chance they'd be able to roll into a turtle than you would making it to back mount.