Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Wednesday 13.1.

I worked a bit overtime to make up soem working time and leave sooner today as I wanted to go for a bike. Sett didn't seem particularly happy and gave me looks like I was crazy. I asked him if he wanted to go, I wasn't forcing him, but although he shot me a few not-so-pleased glances, he went with me :p He said it was not the best idea to go so late (2 pm) for such a long ride (40 km) since we won't be able to make it before dark (4:30 pm or so). Well, I said, we could probably come back before 5, though Sett thought that was impossible.
    I planned a route to a tree where there are the Long-eared Owls and I wanted to see them. It was just in quite a different part of Prague... I felt quite energetic today and I was doing my best to ride fast. I took it like a bit of a challenge to return before 5 pm :D I kept ma heart rate around 160, but was able to ride faster than usual, including the climbs.
    When we arrived in the correct area, I realized we must have missed the tree as we were already returning. We checked the map and had to return 1,5 km... Dang, this was an unexpected delay, but we saw 6 owls from close enough that I didn't even have to take out my binoculars. They were realyl cute, sleeping there, swaying with the branches in the wind. Oh, that was another thing! The weather was ok, around 2-3°C, snow at some places (sometimes quite slippery), but the wind wasn't very pleasant. I saw the wind, though, so I put on enough clothes that I couldn't possibly get cold :D I didn't.

In the end, we arrived home at 5:11. The only reason wass Sett knoceked down his chain when changing gears up the hill. It got stuck and we spent some time with it. So it was totally his fault! :D

Uhříněves
    Time: 2:35 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 42,93 km
    Average speed: 16,6 km/h
    Ascent: 245 m
    Descent: 265 m
    Max speed: 34,9 km/h
    Max HR: 176
    Average HR: 152 (I put in a lot of effort, but didn't have to take many breaks and didn't feel exhausted, surprisingly)
    Training benefit: Tempo training +
    Kcal: 1584
    Fat burn: 31%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 5d 14h

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

axelb likes this.
  2. Nachi

Wednesday 13.1.

When we returned, I took a shower, ate dinner, went to the street below ours as today was the weekly time the van selling nice farm milk products, eggs and meat arrives and I was out of my favourite cheese! When I got back it was basically time for:

Online Taiji
    Today we worked on the Stepping Back and Wrapping Upper Arms form we started last week. And I got to practise it in the instructor classe on Sunday. Today we finally put everything together. I , ehm, haven't practised, just tried the moves a couple of times, and was struggling with the coordination of everything. The teacher said this was one of the hardest forms in the whole form, as both legs and arms move at the same time and we'll spend some time working on that. Which is great. I focused on several things I learned on Sunday and especially to make sure my hands are high enough when close to my body as the teacher explained and was a bit contra-intuitive. In the middle of the class, he corrected me, saying I should keep in mind to take the hands high enough when cose to the body -_- Really? I did my best! And another thing I didn't know should be that way. Gosh, this form is hard!

Time: 0:59
    Max HR: 143
    Average HR: 120
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 433
    Fat burn: 40%

axelb likes this.
  3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Fantastic ride! Looks like nice views and great pictures.
    I like it when my polar tells me "recover time" in days, sign of a good workout :D

I heard from colleagues that it's the first snow in Prague for a few years?

Nachi likes this.
  4. Nachi

Thank you, axelb :)
    Yeah, the recovery part is fun. I think I even got 8 days at least once :D

Hmm, well, for the past few years there wasn't much snow indeed. But I wouldn't say none. It just only lasts a day or two before melting. Now we do have more snow than that, indeed, which is great :) Last year's weather was finally resembling something more "normal" and so fat this winter, too :)

5. Nachi

Thursday 14.1.

Missed karate, as I didn't finish my work on time. At least I went for Online Qi Gong which started later. Mostly meditation and some breathing exercises.

Friday 15.1.

I wanted to go for a shorter bike ride today as I have no training planned. Sett was supposed to go to work today, but he still didn't want to miss this opportunity, so he came up with an idea that he'd ride his bike to work in the morning and in the afternoon I can meet him there and we'd ride back together. We did just that. I left quite late, though, so most of the jurney back was in the dark. It was snowing when I was preparing to go, so I took off my glasses and found some old contact lenses. I haven't worn them for over two years now, but they came in handy.
    I tried to ride fast on my way there (one way is 20 km) in order to cover as much as possible before dark, but I had not much strenght left for the trip back, so we went more slowly. Sett wasn't against it, luckily.
    Unfortunately due to the melting snow, mud and muddy water on the roads was everywhere. Due to my short mud guards, I returned home muddy head to toe. My whole back covered in mud, even my hat had some on it...
    On the way back at the very least it was freezing and I could feel my rear wheel slip from time to time. But not the front and I was ok. Until one place when even my front wheel gave way where the road was covered in frost and I fell. Just lightly, so I didn't hurt myself in any way. Sett was wandering how I could ride that fast in the turns till now. Well, I went slower now...

Akademie věd
    Time: 2:28 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 40,07 km
    Average speed: 16,2 km/h
    Ascent: 135 m
    Descent: 160 m
    Max speed: 38,3 km/h
    Max HR: 175
    Average HR: 147
    Training benefit: Tempo training +
    Kcal: 1430
    Fat burn: 34%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 3d 13h

6. Nachi

Saturday

Bike ride
    Sett and I went on a bike across Prague to visit his parents who invited us for lunch. The trip there was 17 km, the way back 16 km, so 33 km altogether. There was yet a new snow, so we rode carefully at times and decided to do the final climb on the road rather than a steep forest path where kids were sledging. Kids are sledging everywhere these days, so going down a path in a forest is... not easy. At Sett's parents we ate a baked duck and stayed for a few hours, drying our clothes by the large stove they have. When we got dry and warm, we went back and spent the next couple of hours at home de-frosting and cleaning our very dirty bikes. For the rest of the day, I spent in cooking, baking and then watching a movie with the fresh cake and mulled wine.

Time: 1:05 + 0:58 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 17,07 + 16,02 km
    Average speed: 15,6 + 16,6 km/h
    Ascent: 90 + 55 m
    Descent: 45 + 95 m
    Max speed: 37,1 + 37,3 km/h
    Max HR: 160 for both
    Average HR: 143 + 136
    Training benefit: Steady State training (+)
    Kcal: 601 + 487
    Fat burn: 28 + 31%
    Training load: Demanding + Reasonable, recovery: 17 + 11h

7. Nachi

Sunday 17.1.

In the morning I went birdwatching with my dad, after lunch, we went for a walk - 5-6 km. Then we quickly tidied our home and I just made it before Taiji

Online Taiji - instructors
    I figured out my legs were rather tired already, but today we really did spend quite some time talking. The teacher was sharing his visions and plans for the school for this year - how he'd like to improve things mostly for the online classes, that will probably have to be the main classes for some time yet, etc.
    Then he talked about a mistake he just noticed a lot of people do and had us show him our silk reeling to make sure we were doing it correctly. Looks like we did, but the teacher explained to more detail what and why it should be done like this etc.
    Then we worked on the hip rotation just in one stance, only rotating our hips hopefulyl in a correct way. This is the thing I constantly get corrected for the past several months and I am always focusing on, trying to figure out, but I am running out of ideas as to how to move them different if this is still not ok. Out of th three of us newbie instructors present, we all apparently had problems there and I might have gotten off the most lightly. Well, perhaps becasue the teacher already told me what I do wrong so many times that he didn't need to spend too much time explaining that.
    At the end the teacher would talk about different motivations of people who want to learn Taiji. Any motivation is fine and he was explaining what should be the main focus on each. But if someone just does it to relax and for fun, there is no need to criticise them and tra to correct the tinies mistakes, etc. But he would like us, whom he is sure that we want to learn as best as we can, to really work on our improvement and he decided to give us a challenge and a direction for our next week's practise. He challenged us to learn the him rotation by next week. :eek::(
    I am all up for challenges, but how can I figure this out when I was trying for months now and only managed some small improvement? Looks like I'll really need to make time for some solo practice. I really should.

Morik likes this.
  8. Nachi

MOnday 18.1.

Online Taiji
    A class with the group just learning the 7th form, so I got a good practise. I've learned this form last July, but still don't feel very confident with it. Although, there probably isn't a form that I feel confident with now that I think of it...
    I just wish my floor wasn't as slippery.

Morik likes this.
  9. Nachi

Tuesday 19.1.

The training was led by us today, but I didn't make it in the end, due to work. Only assisted Sett when he needed to show some applications.
    Rest day

Wednesday 20.1.

Online Karate
    A third dojo from our association decided to do online training and invited everyone should they want to practice. Since we have online classes on Tuesday and Thursday, they decided to add theirs on Monday and Wednesday. We joined today. I really enjoyed the class. Their club is rather small, led by a friend with second dan and another one with first kyu, but then there are I think only white, yellow and orange belts, so the training was about very basic techniques and combination, which I enjoyed (didn't have to think too much). We also did Sanchin and the first kata in line.
    We left a little becofe the final workout and stretching as another training of mine was about to start:

Online Taiji
    This was my group today, we were reviewing the last few forms we learned, especially the most recent one and learned how to transition from it to the next form - White Crane Spreads its Wings, which we already knew.
    I was really focusing, especially during the inicial silk reeling, on me rotating my hips. Well, I do mostly everytime, always trying to figure out what the movement should be, as I can't do it well. When the teacher was giving corrections about just that to someone else in one of the forms, I was trying, too, when the teacher noticed me and said that was exactly it! Oh my gosh! The best I managed to get in the past several months was: "Yeah, it is a little bit more like it, but....". Woohooo! If I did it well at least once, I think I am on the good path where I just need to practice it that way and integrate it in all my forms. It still won't be right away, but I am super happy I managed to do the motion righ! Finally!

10. Nachi

Thursday 20.1.

Bike ride
    Sett was planning to ride his bike to work today. I originally wanted to take my bike to pick him up in the evening and ride together home. However, the whole route like this is rather long, around 40 km, and I couldn't finish my work until then. That was when my dad calls that he's planning a ride to the center of Prague to do some birdwatching along the river. And I was up for that as that was about half the distance!
    We did a quick ride, checked the birds here and there and rushed home as my dad had an online meeting and I needed to continue working, too. As my dad had to rush, he rushed through all the mud that appeared as the snow melted in the past couple of days. And my bike was so clean after the thorough cleaning it got last time. Not anymore... :(

Prague center
    Time: 1:23 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 22,37 km
    Average speed: 16,1 km/h
    Ascent: 80 m
    Descent: 65 m
    Max speed: 30.7 km/h
    Max HR: 166
    Average HR: 133
    Training benefit: Steady State training +
    Kcal: 663
    Fat burn: 35%
    Training load: Demanding, recovery: 15h

Unfortunately, after this, I couldn't manage to make it to karate, either.
    I went to the evening Online Qi Gong, though, which again mostly consisted of meditating together, which I enjoy. It is nice and relaxing, but if I am to just sit and focus by myself, I tend not to find the time...

11. Nachi

Friday - rest day

Saturday 23.1.

Bike ride
    It was raining till lunch, so we were lazying at home, planning a bike ride to a well, kind of like a community farm/garden, where we "adopted" a hen a come to pick up 20 eggs a month (what a great project!). We got a message they didn't have enough eggs today, so instead we did a short ride along Vltava and I took my binoculars to check the birds there. There are supposed to be a few Smews that I wanted to see, but I didn't want to stop every few meters to check the river, so I missed them.

Troja
    Time: 0:55 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 16.34 km
    Average speed: 17,7 km/h
    Ascent: 45 m
    Descent: 40 m
    Max speed: 27,9 km/h
    Max HR: 160
    Average HR: 133
    Training benefit: Steady State & Basic training
    Kcal: 439
    Training load: Reasonable, recovery: 10h

On the way back, Sett was talking about a possible solo training he might go for at home, which made me do my own, as I have been wanting to re-start my kettlebell trainings for a while now.
    Kettlebell training
    I did more or less my usual routine, but with enough breaks between exercises and sets, where I sometimes threw some kicks or the Taiji form. Stretched at the end. I worked out a little bit harder than I originally planned, but I felt awesome after that. Awesome and tired.

Time: 0:56
    Max HR: 157
    Average HR: 130
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 429

Morik and axelb like this.
  12. Nachi

Sunday 24.1.

Today evening there is a Taiji instructor class and we were challenged to figure out the correct hip rotation. While I think I was on a good track on Wednesday, apart from that, I did not practice at all. Since it is weekend, I planned to do a short training before breakfast:

Morning solo Taiji and Karate
    Luckily I wasn't sore after yesterday's kettelbell trainig, so it was easy. Did 10 mins of silk reeling, focusing on the hips, felt like I might have made some progress, the feeling today was different. Not sure if correct, but hopefully better :D
    Then I practiced the last form we learned for a while and finished with 2 forms - all that I know.
    Then I tried Sanseru kata three times and Sepai once.
    Felt pretty good after the training! It wasn't very physically engaging, but felt nice to move and practice. It would be nice to make this into my daily routine, but I am worried if my willpower is strong enough...

Time: 0:30
    Max HR: 132
    Average HR: 114
    Kcal: 205
    Fat burn: 43%

Bike ride

At 10 am I planned to take my bike for the same route as yesterday, this time with the intention to actually stop every few meters to finally find the Smews. Today, Sett didn't feel like going, so I wouldn't feel bad to stop and look all the time. I didn't see the Smews anyway, though. When I started my trip, it was snowing, raining and such, but it stopped soon. Then the sun came out and was a beautiful day, I had a good time, pedaling felt easy, so I decided to prolong my trip till the end of the road. I should still be able to make it home in time to bake the chicken for lunch. As soon as I reached the end of the road and turned back, I discovered why it felt so easy today. There was quite a strong wind in my back :D And now I had to go against it. I thought maintaining my tempo, I could cover those 14 km back home in slightly more than half an hour, but now that I turned, that seemed ridiculous :D So I called Sett with intructions how to bake the chicken as I won't be home anytime soon.... I came just to the lunch ready. That was pretty nice :D

Klecánky
    Time: 1:39 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 27.9 km
    Average speed: 16,7 km/h
    Ascent: 70 m
    Descent: 60 m
    Max speed: 34.7 km/h
    Max HR: 154
    Average HR: 128
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 748
    Fat burn: 41%
    Training load: Demanding, recovery: 16h

Online karate - Sanseru

As we promised sensei V from another dojo we'd teach the Tuesday online class in his stead as he couldn't make it, he said he'll do an online class for us as a reward, practising whichever kata we' like. In the end, the original training was taught by Sett alone, so he was the one to pick and decided on Sanseru and we agreed to do the training today. Sensei then invited anyone who know Sanseru to also join, but in the end, no one else was there. We went throguh the kata step by step with sensei correcting all the details. We also did all the bunkai, which was good, I struggled to remember. The training lasted nearly 90 mins and was awesome. Sensei said he wouldn't mind doing more advanced trainings with us like this from time to time. That would be very helpful, but we'll see how the situation will be.
    Also during one bunkai, where I was kicking and Sett was to catch my leg and strike the knee, before I realized it wasn't the best idea for this leg of mine where the knee was giving me trouble and still hurt from time to time when I stretch it completely, it was too late. It doesn't hurt as much as in October or sometime when it started, but still felt some pain.

Time: 1:23
    Max HR: 131
    Average HR: 110
    Kcal: 435
    Fat burn: 49%

ANother instructor class today. There were 6 of us + the teacher. We are on various levels when it comes to the forms and skill. Three of those present knew the whole form and have been even instructing for a few years, now. And then there is my friend R, who is learning the 7th form, me at the 20th form and another guy at the 30th. Since we are a rather varied group, the teacher wanted to try how it would work if he gave individual corrections to each of us and basically practice for when he'd have an online class with people of different levels, it seemed. We were to start with R, everyone would show the part of the form R knows and the teacher would then give R corrections and tips on what to improve now. Next was my turn. I expected worse, to be honest. The teacher started saying that based on how many forms we know - how long we've been learning, there should be different levels in our skill and he proceeded to explain. Honestly I started sweating a bit by this point. But the teacher finished with that he can see that in me. Phew... what a relieve! I was told my hip movement has improved for these past few months I was trying to figure it out (but looks like there's still work), but I should still improve my work with the center of gravity - another struggle for me and also slightly more abstract. In the new form, I apparently got the arm movement wrong, so I was explained in detail and lastly was advised to add "liveliness", basically to work better with the energy in the forms - in transitions, which is something he was going to ask of the advanced instructors, but I could slowly start working on that, too. That is great, when he explained, that is, I think, one of the things that makes the teacher's form look so awesome! I have to learn it! :cool:
    Then the teacher proceeded to the more advanced instructors, while we practiced by ourselves or joined if he was correcting a form we know as well.

Time: 1:13
    Max HR: 131
    Average HR: 99
    Kcal: 304
    Fat burn: 57%

It was a busy day, today! I had it planned down to every hour :D Managed to cook for next week between tre trainings, do some drawing, listen to the Taiji teacher's regular Sunday evening talk and go through and correct Sett's translation of sensei Bakkies Laubscher's episode of his new karate podcast. When I could finally go to bed, I couldn't fall asleep, which was making me angry and then even less likely to sleep... I burned nearly 3500 kcal today.

13. Nachi

Monday 25.1.

Morning training
    Started my day with a short morning training again - 10 mins silk reeling, 2x Taiji form, then Sanseru kata and its bunkai

Time: 0:21
    Max HR: 126
    Average HR: 107
    Training benefit: Roecovery training
    Kcal: 128
    Fat burn: 50%

Online Karate
    The dojo that just invited us to their regular trainings had a training today, so we planned to come. To our surprise, it was only the two instructors from the streaming dojo, Sett and I. The training was led by the junior instructor and he had a nice plan. We alsways moved in some direction followed by varying combinations - kihon ido. We did each combination a few dozens of times before switching to the next one, some push-ups and belly exercises in between. I again really enjoyed the training. There wasn't too much to think about, just drill and faster and faster and I kind of like this drilling where I get tired of it, but can still push. It just feels good. Although I pushed myself, did everything fast, with power, pretty much same as Sett, and I got tired, it looks like I burned nearnly nothing :mad:

Time: 1:00
    Max HR: 151
    Average HR: 105
    Kcal: 287
    Fat burn: 46%

I excused myself at 7 pm, when we ended the training to switch to:

Online Taiji
    Today after silk reeling we did the 5 forms to 4 directions once, then worked on the 7th form and started the first movement of the 8th. I didn't get many corrections today, but from the teachers explanation, I was doing the last motion of the 7th form wrong. To the opposite direction and starting the next form wrong, too. Will have to re-learn.
    Also as I practiced in the morning and today during the class, the hip movements, suddenly, I feel like this way of turning them is relatively easy and I am not really sure how I did it before - which is like a couple days back. Suddenly it feels much better, although I am not really sure if I changed anything. Weird. But I am happy I am hopefully on the right track.

Time: 0:57
    Max HR: 123
    Average HR: 98
    Training benefit: Recovery training
    Kcal: 219
    Fat burn: 55%

14. Nachi

Tuesday 26.1.

Morning training
    10 min silk reeling, 2x Lao Jia Yi Lu (20 forms) and 2x Sanseru + its bunkai

Time: 0:23
    Max HR: 152
    Average HR: 111
    Kcal: 141

Online Karate
    Taught by our sensei today. I arrived 2é in late due to work. When I arrived they were doing some kihon combination, but very soon we switched to kata. Everyone was to do their kata for the next grading, only the first step again and again. When sensei checked each group, he let them continue with a few more steps, again repeating, until finishing the whole kata this way. We practiced Sanseru and this took till the end of the class.

Time: 0:54
    Max HR: 150
    Average HR: 107
    Kcal: 266

(I tried to do everything with strenght etc. and was pretty sure I'd burn much more and probably will have a higher HR, but oh well...

15. Nachi

Wednesday 27.1.

Skipped morning training today...

Online Karate
    Today's training was led by a friend from another city, a Ni Dan. There were mostly students of his dojo. We were asked to prepare a broom stick to do stretching and other exercises with. Like last time, we did basic techniques and finished with the beginning of Gekisai Dai Ichi kata, drilling everything. I enjoyed myself, honestly. Nothing too complicated to think about and I missed these drills. At the end, we worked on some push-ups and did some belly work-out, too.

Time: 1:04
    Max HR: 140
    Average HR: 99
    Kcal: 248
    Fat burn: 54%

Online Taiji
    I didn't want to leave in the midlde of the work-out, so I was 8 mins late and joined the silk reeling when I was allowed in the room. Again, it looks like the teacher wants to push us forward, so we quickly went throught the last few forms we learned and started with the next one - Flashing Turn to Back. Just from the description it sounded like a quite complicated form. BUt we only did a portion of it today.
    As for the reviewing of the last few forms- mostly the Stepping Back and Wrapping Upper Arms - I again got corrections. I was told to improve how I move the arms in this one. Also, the teacher told me and a few others (I understood one of them has been going for years or at least a few years back) to try to let the form flow and do it more smoothly, as proper advanced students. The way we do it, slow and stopping, is how people do it when they are just learning it -_- I mean,.... we ARE just learning it! But hey, no point arguing there. Will have to try work on it. :)

Time: 0:46
    Max HR: 112 (really, so low?)
    Average HR: 92
    Kcal: 143
    Fat burn: 60%

axelb likes this.
  16. Nachi

Thursday 28.1.

Morning practice
    10 min silk reeling, 2x form, then Sanseru, Shisochin and Tensho kata.

Time: 0:27
    Max HR: 133
    Kcal: 175

Online Karate
    Sensei V led today's training. We did a combination from each kata up to Sanseru while changing stances in zenkutsu dachi. And some additional exercises. Nice training, again. But no matter how hard I work, I can't raise my HR too much doing stuff like this.

Time: 1:14
    Max HR: 145
    Average HR: 105
    Kcal: 340
    Fat burn: 50%

Online Qi Gong

Arrived late - after karate training. We were meditating all the while. The teacher seemed a bit down. He seems to be a person who feels good in company and enjoys working with people and was looking forward to teaching at least small groups. He was said and wanted to lift both ours and his mood by reading a cople of old Chinese poems about spring and encouraged us to exercise outside and to perhaps take and share a picture of us doing that. Why not. I might do that. Although the sharing part...

The reason the teacher was feeling down was because the media was talking about some of the restrictions getting lifted or how there might be a possibility of training in groups of up to 6 people while keeping distances and masks on etc. even in the 4th stage of our government's Anti-Epidemic System. We've been in the worst, 5th stage ever since Christmas and with the exeption of two weeks just before it we've been there proabably since October/November.
    Despite the prospect of possibilities to train in small groups perhaps as soon as sometime in February, the government just announced a possible new "6th stage" or rather, just some additional restrictions. One of the main reasons being people finding ways to go skiing despite the ski tows being closed as well as hotels with the exception for people on business trips. As you could guess, everyone is suddenly going on business trips to the mountains and taking their families along, getting up the hill via snowcats etc...
    We are now even further discouraged from seeing anyone outside of the closest family we live with. Sett and I only see our parents, but I think this should not be checked too strictly and I am not sure if I am going to restrict that. Actually my parents (my mum being a teacher of the youngest kids, who are the only ones attending schoool right now) are the biggest risk of me getting Covid now.
    Also, Sett's surgery waa posponed from October, to November and now he got a new term on the 8th. However, the nurse just called that both she and the doctor are ill and the surgeries new week are getting cancelled. So who knows if Sett will be able to go the Monday after that. I hope he will be able to and return back with the surgery succesful and hopefully without Covid. Also I won't be able to come visit him in the hospital as things are now. What weird times...

Travess likes this.
  17. Nachi

Friday 29.1.

Morning practice
    Skipped silk reeling today. Worked on my Taiji form and the new forms that give me trouble. Also did Sanseru and its bunkai

Time: 0:30
    Max HR: 150
    Average HR: 119
    Kcal: 206
    Fat burn: 39%

18. Nachi

Saturday 30.1.

Morning practice
    I started with Lao Jia Yi Lu today, ltogether 3x up to the beginning of the 22nd form that I know. Then Sanseru and Shisochin both with bunkai, and Tensho kata. Some kicks and stretching

Time: 0:40
    Max HR: 149
    Average HR: 123
    Kcal: 300
    Fat burn: 37%

19. Nachi

Sunday 31.1.

Wanted to started my daily regime earlier, but couldn't get myself out of bed until 8 am as usual...
    Morning practice
    Very similar to yesterday - 3x Lao Jia Yi Lu, Sanseru + bunkai, Sepai and Tensho kata, stretching, a fe kicks.

Time: 0:46
    Max HR: 139
    Average HR: 113
    Kcal: 296
    Fat burn: 43%

Bike ride

We originally thought we may not go today as the weather yesterday was not nice at all, but today, despite being quite cold (around freezing point), it was sunny outside and it just called for a short trip! Unfortunately, we weren't the only ones whom the sun called to. The path we chose - a frequented road for bikers as well as people walking - was filled with people, which made it hard to ride (there was no one here a week ago when it was raining!). I mean, I have never seen so many people there in winter. It was more like the summer situation. I guess everyone who decided to be responsible and not go skiing gathered here today...

Klecánky

Time: 1:41 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 31.27 km
    Average speed: 18,4 km/h
    Ascent: 60 m
    Descent: 65 m
    Max speed: 36.3 km/h
    Max HR: 164
    Average HR: 138
    Training benefit: Steady State training+
    Kcal: 870
    Training load: Very demanding, recovery: 1d 3h

Apart from the teacher there were only 4 of us today - the 4 who nearly always come. We spent the nearly first half of the training working on the very first form of Lai Jia Yi Lu. I learned some new things. I also learned my moving the hips as I was trying wasn't still good enough and moreover as I changed the movement of the hips, I did something wrong with my knees. Watching us, the teacher basically found something that could use work on every movement he could. So I have plenty to work on in just the first form. When he was satisfied, or didn't have anything more major to correct, or perhaps thought it was hopeless :D we moved to the 2nd form and the very same thing repeated itself. I was able to correct one thing right away when I was told what to do, but the woe worked on one movement when the teacher corrected it for one of the two senior instructors. We might have spent some 20 mins figuring out and explaining which way the hip turns there. I completely agreed with the instructor who was corrected, but the teacher was explaining to a lot of detail and I just didn't get it. The other senior instructor understood what the teacher meant and was able to also explain in her way. I had no idea, I though it sounded strange and had no idea how that movement could be done there. But we juniors kept our mouths shut. Until the teacher asked if we all understood. I admitted I did not, but I do it same as the corrected person. THe teacher said I can't be doing it the same, since he doesn't do "that" there at all and moreover he didn't notice I'd have a problem there. So I ended up being utterly confused :D But the discussion was then postponed to some time when we can see each other in person. It was an interesting debate, I agree, but was maybe a bit too complicated for me. I just didn't understand what was wanted of us :D The teacher did seem to enjoy working on details and discussing and I am happy I can be part of that group he find it worth to discuss with, but I wish I'd understand better.
    Regardless, I have a lot of things to work on again. Both in these two forms and in all the forms in general, as we were told which principles to get in our forms generally. It is easier said than done, though.

Time: 1:24
    Max HR: 129
    Average HR: 110
    Kcal: 392
    Fat burn: 52%

20. Nachi

Monday 1.2.

Skipped my morning practice as I had to take my car to an auto service instead.

Online karate
    Today's training started with Sanchin and stretching, then we practiced all the basic kicks - hiza, mae, mawashi, yoko and a little bit of ushiro geri. Some combinations with them at the end and som work-out as well. I was happy we were practicing kicks as after the covid break, I got a bit rusty....

Time: 0:58
    Max HR: 169
    Average HR: 125
    Kcal: 405
    Fat burn: 35%

Online Taiji

Today wasn't "my" group, but the one learning the 8th form. We first did all the forms up to the 8th a few times when the teacher said to show him the 1st one and started to correct some things. We just spent maybe 40 mins with this one form yesterday, so I hoped a little we won't be doing the same as I was worried the corrections would just get me depressed :D
    But we moved on and spent more time with the 6th form. I got some corrections as well. Then we worked on the 8th, learning a little more compared to last time.

Time: 0:52
    Max HR: 140
    Kcal: 278