Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Tuesday 3.11.

Online karate
    We did some running on the spot for the warm-up Junbi Undo and then worked on Gekisai Dai Ni bunkai,doing them to 4 directions and then as fast as we can. That was for the whole 1 hour long class. I had a weak battery in my chest strap, measuring didn't start.

Online Qi Gong
    In the Taiji schedule of online classes where the teacher said we can go to any class we want (unfortunately tha majority is more advanced than I am and some of the beginner ones clash directly with karate, so...) I spotted a Qi Gong class today at 8 pm (when karate is finished) with a description of working on the reverse breathing. I thought I may ask the teacher if we really can attend the Qi Gong classes, too, but didn't have to as the teacher himself advertised this class to us in both classes I went to yesterday. Therefore there were other instructors from Taiji and quite a few people in general. The teacher talked a lot about theory and about how to do the reverse breathing and we practiced, too and did a Qi Gong form. I got a good explanation and now it is time to practice and get better in this breathing.

Food Log: I ate a lot today. I was hungry all the time.
    Intake of 2061 kcal, ? kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: ?, next morning weight: 74,7 kg

Morik and axelb like this.
  2. Nachi

Wednesday 4.11.

Online Taiji
    My group. We learned the rest of the 15th form today. Not much else to say, I guess. Just that I burned less then 300 kcal. I am starting to burn less and less not just in Taiji, but in general. So sad!

Polar results:
    Time: 0:57
    Max HR: 123
    Average HR: 100
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 272
    Fat burn: 52%

Food Log: I overdid id today big time. I was hungry and I finished the day with half a pack of crisps....
    Intake of 2336 kcal, 1834 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: +502!, next morning weight: 74,7 kg

Morik likes this.
  3. Nachi

Thursday 5.11.

Online karate

We practised mostly kihon techniques. Strikes, some combinations, with kicks also.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:12
    Max HR: 162
    Average HR: 116
    Kcal: 434
    Fat burn: 41%

Food Log: This week is just bad for me..
    Intake of 2402 kcal, 2261 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: +141!, next morning weight: 74,6 kg

Morik likes this.
  4. Nachi

Friday 6.11.

Kettlebell and bodyweight workout at home

The usual and I agian tried to focus more on arms. Did a few minutes stretching at the end. Finally it was also nice and sunny and not wet outside, so I quickly practiced the Taiji staff form. 5x in a row. I originally wanted to practice more, but it was past lunchtime and I was getting really hungry :oops:

Polar results:
    Time: 1:02
    Max HR: 171
    Average HR: 132
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 476
    Fat burn: 31%

Food Log: This week is just bad for me..
    Intake of 2157 kcal, 2246 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -89, next morning weight: 74,5 kg

Morik likes this.
  5. Nachi

Saturday 7.11.

Bicycle ride

We went around noon. I cooked and packed us some cauliflower soup for a late lunch on the go. It was very appreciated later when it warmed us up. The weather today was supposed to be sunny and around or over 10°C. In th end was cold, foggy, just the typical autumn weather and 6°C. We dressed well, though, I took five, later six mostly thin layers of clothing. When we returned, I comletely sweated through the bottom 4 layers, the thick vest I added later on and the sweat even seeped visibly through the seams of my softshell jacket :eek:. Yuck! :confused:
    The trip was great. We covered over 50 km, mostly on flat ground and with a tiny ferry as we wanted to cross the river, but there is just a long stretch of it with no bridges, only like two tiny ferries. We were the only passengers, in fact.
    Sett burned much less then me this time and even had his shirt completely dry :mad:, but when we arrived home, we were both wiped out :D The cold made our legs somehow stiffer. We also hyped ourselves on the road by planning the hot shower, ordering a pizza, preparing a hot cocoa and watching a movie from under a blanket :D We did all that, except the cocoa as we were too lazy to go prepare it XD

My Polar chest strap was tearing lately. I wanted to clean it and let it dry, but I tore it completely. I saw I can by the chest strap separately without the electronic part, so that is what I am going to do asap.

Máslovice, Libčice, Roztoky
    Time: 3:07 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 52 km
    Average speed: 16,8 km/h
    Ascent: 240 m
    Descent: 225 m
    Max speed: 47,3 km/h
    Max HR: 168 (actually 179 due to my watch)
    Average HR: 141 (I was over 150 at least half the time. It was really tiring)
    Training benefit: Steady State training+
    Kcal: 1677 (I totally deserved pizza today!)
    Fat burn: 39%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 3d 22h

Food Log:
    - Apple, curd cheese, raising, milk tea
    - A bit of chocolate, a banana
    - Cauliflower cream soup with rye wholemeal bread on the go
    - A biscuit with milk tea on the go
    - Three 40 cm cheese pizza triangles; apple cider
    Intake of 2078 kcal, 3666 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -1588, next morning weight: 75,1 kg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Morik likes this.
  6. Nachi

Sunday 8.11.

I didn't plan much activity for today. After lunch we did some work in the garden, gettin grid of most of the annual veggies and weeeds. We planted a couple of currant bushes, clippered a part of a hedge, etc. After we went for an hour long walk. I have to say that during the work I could feel even my abs working, my hamstrings and back muscles. After the walk, my whole legs and butt was hurting. Obviously I really still haven't recovered from yesterday's bike ride. I couldn't bring myself to do the cooking I planned, only baked a pumpkin roll at least.

Food Log:
    Intake of 2253 kcal, 2591 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -338, next morning weight: 75,3 kg

Morik likes this.
  7. Nachi

Monday 9.11.

Online Taiji
    This was a group just learning 6th and 7th form. Well, we still stuck with the 6th as there were mistakes to correct. I think we didn't touch the 7th - Walking Obliquely, but worked on the forms till the 6th. There were really a lot of people today.

Online Taiji - Instructors
    Today the teacher prepared something to talk about and practice - how the arms move during silk reeling. There was always emphasis on legs, but today we worked on the principles of moving arms, too. There was quite a lot of talking, but I tried to practice eerything the teacher was talking baout while listening. The three of us newbies there got a homework to practise the stepping while moving the body in the opposite direction and keeping the center of gravity at one spot instead of moving it in the way I step a bit. Something that I already heard a few times, but now we got it as homework, so I should really work on it. In the second form as an example, the teacher explained to the detail whne the leg moves and when the body moves each way. With that kind of explanation it was fairly easy to do, I'd say. Now to figure it out in the other forms...
    When we ended I went through all the forms I know 3x.

Polar results:
    Time: 2:04
    Max HR: 133
    Average HR: 98
    Kcal: 521
    Fat burn: 55%

Food Log:
    - Waffles and yoghurt, milk tea
    - Pumpkin Swiss roll cake - a small piece
    - Baked chicken thigh with stuffing, potatoes
    - I tiny bit of mango I was using to cook tommorrow's lunch
    - Two slices of toast bread with cheese spread and salami
    - Handful of hazelnuts
    Intake of 1839 kcal, 2225 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -386, next morning weight: 74,7 kg

Morik likes this.
  8. Nachi

Tuesday 10.11.

Online karate:
    - Junbi Undo, fun kihon (sensei would show a hint for a certain technique, chaining those techniques), then we'd work on parts of Saifa and its bunkai at the end.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:04
    Max HR: 153
    Average HR: 113
    Kcal: 361
    Fat burn: 44%

Food Log:
    - Biscuit and small ice cream
    - Pumpkin and chicken risoto
    - Pumpkin Swiss roll cake
    - Veggie soup with chicken
    - Handful of hazelnuts, mouthful of Margot
    Intake of 1912 kcal, 2263 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -351, next morning weight: 74,7 kg

9. Nachi

Wednesday 11.11.

Online Taiji
    Today we went through all the forms we knew I think a couple of times and worked on the 15th form for the rest of the class. I thoguht we were moving quite a lot and I sweated, but Polar showed the training was very mild.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:00
    Max HR: 122
    Average HR: 98
    Training benefit: Recovery training
    Kcal: 263
    Fat burn: 55%

Food Log:
    - Waffles and yogurt
    - Biscuit
    - Pumpkin and chicken risoto
    - Pumpkin Swiss roll cake
    - Veggie salad with a little bit of cheese
    Intake of 1688 kcal, 1925 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -237, next morning weight: 74,6 kg

Morik likes this.
  10. Nachi

Thursday 12.11.

At a last moment's notice I took a day off and joined my dad in a trip to the other side of our country to go birdwatching. A week or so ago at a lake a Lesser Yellowlegs was spotted, the first record of this species for the Czech Republic. Waders are my favourite birds. I could not resist. We were successful and although we spent 7 hours driving and I missed the training today, I was quite happy! We walked a bit, too, so I at least made over 16000 steps today.

Intake of 2224 kcal, 2680 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -456, next morning weight: 74,4 kg

Friday 13.11.

Rest day. I had some things to do and didn't manage to squeeze in my planned kettlebell workout :(

Intake of 1672 kcal, 1840 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -168, next morning weight: 74,4 kg

Morik likes this.
  11. Nachi

Sunday 15.11.

Cycling
    We went in a group. there was Sett, me, my dad, a friend from karate and her son. Originally, Sett's dad was supposed to come and he invited his neighbours, too, but in the end, he didn't feel well and didn't go. Yesterday we've been there for lunch and since Sett was driving (his choice), I drank a bottle of wine with his dad. A bottle for each of us.... I then got some bad news in the afternoon and was emotionally on the low and woke up on Sunday with a headache. It was getting better, though, so we went. We went by the river in the opposite direction to last week, rode for 55 km in the end. The only hill was just before home.

Vltava, Černovice
    Time: 3:08 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 55,1 km
    Average speed: 17,5 km/h
    Ascent: 120 m
    Descent: 95 m
    Max speed: 36,4 km/h
    Max HR: 169
    Average HR: 135
    Kcal: 1565 (I totally deserved pizza today!)
    Fat burn: 42%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 2d 18h

There was a Taiji session - only talking today with commented video from the teacher's and others' last trip to chi

Food Log:
    - Some sweet pastry for breakfast (we ran out of other stuff)
    - Roast pork with potatoes (Sett was cooking today)
    - Birthday cake (we got from Sett'sparent as he has his birthday tommorrow) with cocoa drink
    - 2 slices of toast bread with egg spread, green bell pepper, tomato
    Intake of roughly 2303 kcal, 2468 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -237, next morning weight: 74,1 kg

Morik likes this.
  12. Nachi

Monday 16.11.

Online karate training with the Slovaks:
    Around noon sensei announced he is doing an online class for Slovakian branch of IOGKF as he was invited by their sensei. Our sensei extended the invitation to participate in the training to all our blackbelts. In the end, it was only me, Sett, the sensei who teaches Thursdays at the moment and the Slovakian branch. Together around 17 people. Not surprisingly, sensei logged in late by 15 minutes, this time he seemed really appologetic that it was due to computer trouble. We had the Junbi undo with the organizing sensei at least until he arrived. We practiced Renzoku kumite Gekisai Dai Ichi and then for most of the class Renzoku kumite Saifa. The Slovakians did not know it (no one really does), so sensei was teaching it. Also, our sensei was born in Slovakia and only moved to the Czech Republic when he was around 7 yo or so. So he decided to speak Slovak for this seminar. Our languages are really similar, so we can easily understand each other. It was fun, however, how sensei sometimes was switching in the middle of the sentence or used some Czech expressions where the Slovak ones are very different :D
    The training was supposed to last 18:00-19:15. As much as I expected sensei to come late, I knew we definitely would not end up on time, but we did by 19:30. I wouldn't mind training longer, but... I had online taiji starting at 19:00 :D

Polar results:
    Time: 1:29
    Max HR: 140
    Average HR: 103
    Kcal: 396

Online Taiji
    I quickly ran to set up my tablet for this training, change from the karate gi (well at least the top) and logged in a little after the middle of the class. This is the class of the less advanced group where they were supposed to learn the 7th form, but in the end kept practicing the 6th - White crane spreads its wings. I therefore just went through that form a few times and listened to some explanation before the end of the class.
    Then I quickly eat the dinner I prepared beforehand before it ws time for the

Online Taiji Instructor class
    As usual the teacher asked if we had any questions so he could probably build the class around what we would like to know. I wanted to ask about a correction I got last time. I was told with few others to try to learn the stepping with my arms and top of the body inicially going the opposite direction. He explained to detail in one form and I was able to do that easily there. However, then my hands end up in a different position to what we've been taught and I wasn't sure if I should return them there awkwardly before starting the next form, or just transition directly which is what I am sure the advanced people do. I mean, I know it could be correct and would be more logical, bu anytime in class, we simply start the form from a different position and have to stop there for a bit and it takes longer, so if I practiced as the teacher told me, I would have a different timing of some of these forms. And I am already having trouble doing the forms slow enough... it was just about as I thought though, the longer version is the beginning one and if I do as I was told, I can skip that one motion, but I have to know the intention of that motion etc. Then we all went through around the first 15 forms with the teacher watching us and then giving some individual critique. I was first and was told what I was already told several times about the center of gravity and got more examples and in detail explanation from a different point of view. Well, to be honest, I did try to work on that, but didn't focus on it during this one form we were supposed to do. The teacher said I could do better if I had higher stances. He doesn't necessarily mean I can't do the lower ones, but giving me tips and it is on me how I work on it. I would rather keep the lower ones, I am used to them, I want a bit of a workout and I am sure if I practice long enough I can pull through it. Just as I did, more or less, I think, with another critique before. I think this think might only need me to strenghten my legs a little bit more and figure the motion out. Also I am quite sure as soon as I adopted higher stances, I would always hear how my back isn't straight. That is really harder to do the higher the stance is...
    Then the teacher was giving correctios to others and I tried to practice mine for a bit. Till the end of the class, which went on longer than usual, the teacher was mostly talking. He really does have a lot of things to say. Ans he seems to like answering questions. At the end he asked if anyone had something more to ask, so I asked about where to look, if I should focus on a point or just look in the space, trying not to focus on anything. I got around a 5 min long or longer answer to that. It was nice.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:42
    Average HR: 95
    Kcal: 354
    Fat burn: 64%

Food Log:
    - Apple, curd cheese, raisins
    - Cake
    - Roast pork with potatoes
    - Another cake - a different one (we need to take care of both)
    - Two slices of toast bread with cheese spread, slice of cheese and salami or a thick slice of home made ham we got from Sett's dad
    Intake of 2072 kcal, 2296 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -224, next morning weight: 74,2 kg

Morik and Travess like this.
  13. Nachi

Tuesday 17.11.

Today we had a national holiday, which meant I wasn't working, and Sett's birthday, which meant I spent plenty of time (5 hours?) in the kitchen baking a cake and preparing a nice lunch. Originally I wanted to go to a restaurant to celebrate, but seeing how all of them are closed now I thought why not make a good meal at home. I tried a (strip) steak (my first time ever) with baked potatoes with thyme and rosemary and a peppercorn sauce. I think it all worked very nice and was delicious!

In the afternoon we went for a walk with my parent to a lace I have last been as a kid perhaps. We walked for aroubnd 7,5 km and I burned 670 kcal.

Online karate
    I only joined in 30 mns later as after we returned from the walk, I had to finish and decorate the cake, pack the presents, etc. Then I joined. There were perhaps only 7 people there and we worked on San Dan Gi Ichi and San Dan Gi Ni and first three combinations of Ippon kumite.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:54
    Max HR: 133
    Average HR: 114
    Kcal: 312
    Fat burn: 45%

Food Log (today my diet went out the window, but since we were celebrating, I expected that):
    - Apple, curd cheese, raisins
    - Strip steak (300 g) with peppercorn sauce and baked potatoes, a glass of red wine
    - Half a slice of the remaining slice from Sett's parents cake
    - My new birthday cake (which is lukcily quite light and we used it as dinner as neither of us was yet hungry after the steak and all)
    - Crisps and white wine - three small glasses
    Intake of around 2483 kcal, 2910 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -427, next morning weight: 74,4 kg

14. Nachi

Wednesday 18.11.

Online Taiji
    Around 11 people in our group today, but only three of us with a camera. From the start i was focusing on doing the motions right and to try to feel the strange feeling I did previously. It worked, at least for the silk reeling. We went through all of our 15 forms three times, worked on the new, 15th form - Striking Down by Twisting Body Obliquely - and started learning the basic motion of the next form - Green Dragon Emerges from Water. At least the rotating fo the hands. It looked a little tricky. I got the basic motion, but... Good think we'll probably going to spend at least a couple more trainings learning this. The teacher gave me a correction yet again that I am still not turning enough in the hips. I am doing what I can, but it still seems not to be enough. Or I have the wrong idea how to... Idk. Will try harder.

Polar results:
    Time: 0:59
    Average HR: 100
    Kcal: 281
    Fat burn: 53%

Food Log:
    - Waffles, yogurt, milk tea
    - banana
    - Potato pancakes
    - Cake
    - Veggie salad with a bit of cheese
    - Handful of hazelnuts
    Intake of 1818 kcal, 2100 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -282, next morning weight: 74,9 kg

Morik and axelb like this.
  15. Nachi

Thursday 19.11.

Online Karate
    We did basic techniques and combinations, I was kind of competing with Sett who'd finish faster. It was an unspocan competition. But we did wear ourselves out a bit :D

Polar results:
    Time: 1:12
    Max HR: 119
    Average HR: 167
    Training benefit: Basc training
    Kcal: 461
    Fat burn: 39%

Food Log:
    Intake of 1995 kcal, 2275 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -280, next morning weight: ? kg

Travess and Morik like this.
  16. Nachi

Saturday 21.11.

We only went for a walk - 6 km and 527 kcal for me.

Food Log:
    Intake of 2204 kcal, 2531 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -327, next morning weight: 75,5 kg

Travess and Morik like this.
  17. Nachi

Sunday 22.11.20

Bicycle
    Sett wasn't feeling the best and decided not to go. Therefore I planned a solo trip to ponds not far from Prague to watch birds and then even found out the bearded **** have been seen there recently. In the end I was joined by my dad. He was a bit: What, that far? But bearded **** were a good lure for him, too. We rode a round trip there through a valley with a bigger ascent, then on flat ground and only a went down a hill on the way home. We were able to find the ****, as there were some photographers already. They were really not afraid and were eating the reed seeds 1-3 m away from us, without being nervous or anything. Too bad I only brought a small camera. But still made like 3 nice pics :)
    It was supposed to be quite cold today, so I dressed well and definitely wasn't cold. The sun was also shining nicely today :)
    I also didn't feel too energetic for ome reason and was riding slower than usual for some reason. Also burned the most calories thus far on this new bike.

Hostivické rybníky
    Time: 3:45 (breaks not included)
    Distance: 52,72 km
    Average speed: 14 km/h
    Ascent: 385 m
    Descent: 380 m
    Max speed: 37 km/h
    Max HR: 172
    Average HR: 138
    Kcal: 1960
    Fat burn: 43%
    Training load: Extreme, recovery: 4d 14h

Food Log:
    - Chicken with cream tomato sauce and pasta
    - A biscuit and milk tea on the road
    - Cake
    - Veggie soup
    Intake of 1926 kcal, 3872 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -1946, next morning weight: 75,0 kg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Nachi

Monday 23.11.

Online Taiji:
    In the first hour we worked on the 6th asd started a little bit of the 7th form, in the instructor class it was a lot of talking, theory and just talking and a few corrections to everyone present.
    Although I didn't feel it on the bike yesterday, today my knee hurt again quite a bit, so I adopted higher stances and was a bit more cautious in general.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:53
    Max HR: 124
    Average HR: 91
    Kcal: 369
    Fat burn: 61%

Food Log:
    Intake of 1935 kcal, 2064 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -129, next morning weight: 75,3 kg

Tuesday was a complete rest day. Knee hurt, so I skipped karate.

19. Nachi

Wednesday 25.11.

Online Taiji:
    Today is my group and we repeated the 8th and 15th form and worked more on the next - Green Dragon Emerges from Water. It has some tricky movements, but we were shown the basics and got a bit of explanation so we can try to figure it out at home.
    There is a notion that maybe starting next week, some restrictions may be lifted and in theory inside sports could be practised in groups of up to 10. I am not sure about karate, but if this came to be, Taiji would be available in some kind of hybrid form - both in-person classes and online, to best suit everyone.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:02
    Max HR: 128
    Average HR: 103
    Kcal: 317

Food Log:
    Intake of 1754 kcal, 1997 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -243, next morning weight: 74,9 kg

Morik likes this.
  20. Nachi

Thursday 26.11. 2020

Online Karate:
    The first hour was a workout - sensei had 3 sets of 4 exercises - the four usually included an abs exercise, some type of a push-up, some jusmping and lastly shadow boxing. We did each exercise for 30 s, had 30 s rest, continued with another exercise. We repeated each set of 4 exercises 3x (the first one only 2x). After three sets, we had a 60-90 s break before we moved on to the next 4 exercises. When we had all three sets - 12 exercises done, we went for a final round, when we did each of those 12 exercises once for 30 s with only 15 s breaks in between.
    After some tretching we then worked on some oyo bunkai for Seiyunchin. They were usually sequesnces done in pairs, finished with a take-out or a countered attempted and in that case the sequence contnued to another bunkai. The two fo us as well as a pair of twins from our dojo had the advantage there were two of us who could try with a partner.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:50
    Max HR: 169
    Average HR: 114
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training
    Kcal: 633
    Fat burn: 40%

Food Log:
    - Waffles and yogurt, molk tea
    - a piece of chocolate
    - Omelette from 3 eggs and an onion with a bit of parmesan cheese eaten with tomatoes and cucumber
    - Banana
    - Wholemeal couscous with spices, tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, 25 g of cheese, and sterilzed peas and corn
    Intake of 1714 kcal, 2313 kcal burnt.
    Total kcal: -599, next morning weight: 74,8 kg

axelb and Travess like this.