Nachi's Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Nachi, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Sounds like it may have been a bit of a lazy weekend to me... :D

Travess

Nachi likes this.
  2. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Hehe, a little, or at least nicely relaxing ^^

3. Nachi

WEEKEND AT THE WHITE-ROCK NATIONAL KARATE SEMINAR 15.-17.6. 2018

Friday: It is a bit further from Prague, so me made the drive, but arrived well after the evening training and I didn't make it to crossfit, either.

Saturday 16.6.:

Sanchin kata training 8:30-9:20
    - brown belts and above, so there weren't very many people there. We practised Sanchin kata, Sanchin shime included.

9:30-12:30 - Genaral training

Warm-up, stretching and Junbi Undo was led by a black belt originally from our dojo, but who lives abroad now, but sometimes visits for the seminars and classes.
    There were four senseis teaching blocks. We were divided into 4 groups, our group being brown belt and above, meaning there were me and Sett and black belts up to nidan. Four blocks led by the four senseis.

We did locks and joint control from kakie (push-hands) with the first sensei as this is his favourite and he nearly always teaches that.

The second block was about movement, sliding, avoiding, distancing etc., leading up to yakusoku kumite and probably something else, but it is quite difficult to remember everything :D

Third block was led by our sensei. By this time there were only five of us and him. We practised Gekisai Dai Ichi, Ni and Saifa bunkai quickly solo, then picked those that dealt with a single punch to the chudan, practised them a little in pairs, with iron-body conditioning thrown in there, and later moved onto the final exercise, where one person stands in the middle, the people around attack one by one but from various directions. When dealt with they do 5 push-ups, the second time around only 4 etc. Meaning the person in the middle received 25 attacks and defended with any bunkai we practised, under pressure. The people around did 5x15 push-ups. We did sweat quite a bit here.

The final block was about well, I can't remember well to be honest, it wasn't as tough, but not overly relaxing either and my hunger made me less energetic :D We did some combinations in pairs, though, with some contact, too, but I can't remember what they were specifically about.
    Edit: Oh, I remember! We did Shisochin kata, too!

Polar results (from the whole morning):
    Time: 3:58
    Max HR: 172
    Average HR: 119
    Training benefit: Basic training, long
    Kcal: 1482
    Fat burn: 40 %

Lunch, preparing gifts for people celebrating their birthday, trip for a cake and from the organizing sensei me and Sett again received their new club T-shirts as we made the design for them. They are really nice. Sensei tried to give me an M size, which was, well, let's say quite big. S, too, so he proceeded to find me kids size XXL and I ended up with XL :D Man, I am not that small! :D But at least the T-shirt actually fits me and I can wear it as something else other than pajamas now :D
    Then we went to get a cake and in the end had no time to relax..

Kumite training 16:30-18:15

Not actual free sparring in the end, there were mostly kids, but we practised combinations, did some technique cardio, quite a bit of pads, too, also kihon ido and moving, steping sideways, turning, etc. A running game at the end.
    At the same time there was grading going on. Less people than last year, but still around 15. A ran to watch the end. Sett was able to get his 1st kyu, so it was the time for celebration! :) Now we can start practising and planning for our shodan :)

Polar results:
    Time: 1:44
    Max HR: 184
    Average HR: 125
    Kcal: 708
    Fat burn: 36%

Day results: I actually burned 3678 kcal today, which means, my hardest Polar-set daily goal was reached by 324 % :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Travess and axelb like this.
  4. Nachi

WEEKEND AT THE WHITE-ROCK NATIONAL KARATE SEMINAR part II

Sunday 17.6.

General training 9:00-12:00

The start for today was in the end pushed back to 9:00. No separate training for the higher grades. However, we did make the groups by grades right away, only stretched quickly in our group and went straight to practise. It was the same group as yesterday, but two of the senseis joined too for practising and to help us, too.
    We did both types of Sanchin at the beginning and actually were taught Tensho kata for the first time! :) Which was great, I was looking forward to starting learning it. It is not like we had an awful lot of time for it and not like I understand the breathing from the brief explanation, but the very basics of the movements were laid down. Our sensei explained, then us who never saw it before were paired with the other two senseis who'd help explain and check what we taught. Sensei who was paired with me said I do something wrong, which was something I did just according to what our sensei said. So the two of them went to discuss this and other things, joined by the third sensei and in the end asking the last sensei who was teaching the rest of the kyu grades :D I am so glad I clearly know what details to do which way now :D

Today was said to be about kata and bunkai. I was thinking it would be Shisochin, perhaps Sanseru. But seeing as we were the lowest grades there, so the rest needs other kata for their next grading and we did some Shisochin yesterday, we actually started off with Sanseru right away. We were taught at this place two years ago, but never officially practised or were taught since then. So I have a basic idea of the steps, but I couldn't put the whole kata together by myself. Since we weren't told to stand in line or anything, I quickly went to find my place behind the black belts, to reference (= copy) them :D The sensei teaching doesn't usually teach kata. I have never been taught kata by him and he is a very matter-of-fact person or how to say it and he didn't go into particular details. Though he pointed a lot of my mistakes when he saw me :D I need to work on this kata, since I now more or less remember it again :D We also did a few bunkai.

The second block was Sanseru again. We again went through the kata and practised some problematic parts. Also went through most of the remaining bunkai.

For the third block our sensei arrived. The block was about Sepai kata. Kata taught and demonstrated at grading for the sandan. Sensei went step by step and told us right away we need to practise the oldest way of learning now. Watch and do :D Wow, this kata is very hard. I was very tired, some aches (wrist, leg, my usual trouble places), plus I had an allergy, didn't sleep all too well for the past week and I had an information overload by now :D So... no, I don't remember it, but I did what I could to approximate what the techniques were supposed to look like when copying them from sensei or the more advanced students around. And I can tell by now that it will take a lot of time to learn this kata properly. Although this was just a taste and I am fairly certain we won't be taught again any time soon. It was really cool we could try, though! I only saw the kata demonstrated on occasssions, so I didn't really even know or remember what techniques were there before starting to learn today.

The last block we went through Sepai with the next sensei again. He paid more attention to us brown belts while the rest practised full power by thmselves at the beginning. Then we quickly went through the bunkai.
    We learned a lot of stuff today! If I can remember something, it would be good. I should try to practise it during the summer where there will probably not be that many official trainings.

Polar results:
    Time: 3:01
    Max HR: 133
    Average HR: 98
    Training benefit: Recovery training
    Kcal: 646
    Fat burn: 57 %

Jaydub and Travess like this.
  5. Nachi

18.6. 2018

CrossFit:

I haven't been in a while, and after a while it is always a bit difficult to go back since I know it's going to be hard. But I overall feel good today, so I had to go and I am glad I did :) Except for the fact that the instructor yet again forgot my name. It is funny when he is supposed to write in on the board, he starts banging his head against it and then blurts some random name to just risk it :D He's nearly always wrong, though!

- Warm-up: 2 rounds of: 10 down-ups, 40 double-unders or 80 single-unders (I can't do doubles, but actually managed to finish my 80 single unders in the same time as the most athletic guy his double-unders which was sort of my goal! The next one is to actually learn double-unders, which is going to be more difficult...) and 10 side plank rotations per side

- Stretching, jumping warm-up

- This week's challenge: Broad jump. I didn't know what kind of jump it was, so a note to myself: A jump with both legs at the same time from the spot. We had three tries, my last and best was 2 meters exactly. I was the worst of our group, but it was to be expected as it was only me and guys. Who must have been born with some frog genes anyway :D

- 10-min EMOM: 3x clean & jerk touch-and-go in each minute. We were also supposed to go for jerk as soon as possible, from the half-squat we ended with after the power clean. I focused on that, but failed on it a bit in the last round, which was the heaviest. I started with 30 kg, after 3 rounds added to 35 kg and for the very last round I tried 40 kg, which was heavy. I thought this whole thing would be easier, maybe it was because I haven't been going regularly lately. I still did push presses instead of jerks, though. We were allowed.

- 4 rounds of: 6 front squats done going slowly down (3 seconds counted loudly by the instructor), quickly up. It was more difficult than it looked, but we were warned, I did it with only 35 kg. Right after that we would do a 30 s goblet wall sit - with a kettlebell in front of our chest (but we were forbidden to actually touch our chest, which made it all the more difficult). I was told to take a 12 kg kettlebell, which wasn't easy, but I seemed to suffer less than the guys with their 20 or 24 or whatever they had :) One minute break after each round.

- WoD:
    Luckily only a relatively short one after all this, but unfortunately featuring pull-ups. Again. They seem to be disturbingly popular with the instructors lately.
    21 pull-ups
    21 box jumps
    15 pull-ups
    15 box jumps
    9 pull-ups
    9 box jumps

I started quite fast (relatively to my usual tempo) with the pull-ups, but quickly ran out of steam in the next round :D I did have my usual thick rubber band, but it was still hard. Instructor came to advise me how to do kipping as I usually don't with the band. I tried, it worked for a while, but still I ended up doing some weird half pull-ups after that. It was hard. I tried to be fast on the box jumps, but still finished at 6:25 which was the worst time overall. Dang. I guess my long absence played a part, but I am not sure I'd do much better as pull-ups are something I really struggle with and as long as they are a big part of the work-out, it is quite a problem for me.

I felt this training was quite tiring and the Polar results show the same:
    Time: 1:05
    Max HR: 186
    Average HR: 154!
    Training benefit: Tempo training +
    Kcal: 656
    Fat burn: 20 %

axelb and Jaydub like this.
  6. Nachi

Thursday 21.6.18

Kids class:
    Some kids already passed their grading, but two are going to grade next Thursday, but at least one hasn't really had much opportunity to work on his bunkai. We started with a game of getting everyone elso out of the square (then I joined them just for the fun of pushing them all out so they have to do push-ups, hahaha :D ... but for other round, my friend sneakily joined in too, from behind me and all the kids + her against me was already too much. I shall get my revenge one day!). After Junbi Undo we divided the kids into a group learning kata and techniques and in the end a group of four learning bunkai. One boy knew them already, one was preparing for the grading, and two girls who just double-graded and got into things really fast and did really great. And a final game, not much time for anything else and we actually finished later then we should have. By 10 minutes or so.

Karate adults:

Sensei was away with his school, so we, me and Sett were prepared to teach today. We haven't really prepared any program as we were going to practise for the upcoming grading. Surprisingly, no one who is going to grade actually came today :D So we did what people wanted. First two kata, kata bunkai - Ichi with father and tiny daughter duo and Ni with a fresh orange belt. Then Sett showed some locks we practised. I took the 5 yo daughter, the biggest sweetie in the dojo, who just got her first belt and she actually just grabbed my hand and did the lock perfectly :) For the second one she only needed some instructions, but generally she caught onto the principles of it and how to get out of someone gripping your wrist fairy quickly. :) Toward the end we did a bit of San Dan Gi San. A relaxed class, I'd say.
    Also after everyone left, the two of us went through the new kata we just learned. I really only remember Sanseru and a bit of Tensho, Sepai... not really.

Polar results:
    Time: 3:18
    Max HR: 174
    Average HR: 107
    Kcal: 921
    Fat burn: 48 %

axelb likes this.
  7. Nachi

Friday 22.6.

I was sleeping for only around six hours the past two nights and it wasn't much better before that and I had quite a bit of work, so I was tempted to skip any exercise today. But I thought I really need to stop miss so many CF classes and I went. And I was glad I did already by the time we did the warm-up.

CrossFit:
    - Warm-up: 3 rounds of: 30 jumping jacks, 60 single-unders, 15 m bear walk
    - Stretching walks
    - A fun game for fast reflexes - we stood in a circle, holding a plactis stic vertically with one hand, one end on the floor. On signal we all had to move to one side and grab the stick there. And the distances were getting bigger. :) This would be a great game for the kids. Too bad we don't have any such sticks in the dojo.

- Back squat: 6 sets of 4 reps. Add weight every couple of sets, rest as needed.
    I did two sets with 45 kg, two sets with 55 kg, one with 65 kg and decided to push myself a bit more for the last one and took 70 kg.
    Then I went to ask if we'll need the barbell anymore or if I should put it in place. The instructor was surprised I already finished and since it did seem I was quite a bit faster then the rest, he sent me to do a couple more sets o_O :C And since it isn't a custom to take less weight as time pregresses, I did two more with the 70 kg.

- Another work-out was 4 rounds of:
    - 12 step-ups on the 50 cm box with a 12 kg kettlebell held against chest, controlled, not using the hind leg much. Right after that 40 s hollow hold and 1 min rest.

- WoD: 12 min AMRAP:
    - 8 clean & jerks - this time 35 kg for women
    - 10 burpee pull-ups - jump into a pullup straight from the burpee. It sounded exactly like something I am not going to be able to do, so as we were instructed, I took, cough, 3.. cough, cough ...20 kg discs to step on and use as a platform for jumping into a pull-up :oops:
    - 40 double-unders or 120 single unders - not fair, 3x as many is a lot! I am perfecting my speed, but still! :confused:

This time I tried not to take breaks other than for quick drink between the exercises, but i wasn't going at a terrific speed in general. I just tried to keep some speed for the jumping rope andd I gained some time there usually and used it to relax instead of breaks. I was second best from our group with 3 rounds and 3 reps, but compared to the morning groups, the result was rather bad. Most people did 3 rounds and a bit more than me.

Again, today's training was quite intense:
    Time: 1:15 (I started it maybe 5 mins before we started, but we still had the training last over an hour)
    Max HR: 187
    Average HR: 144
    Training benefit: Tempo & Maximum training
    Kcal: 683
    Fat burn: 24 %

axelb likes this.
  8. Nachi

Saturday 23.6.

Mostly rest day, but we did a short karate demo for a kid's event. Only 15 mins or so. And I was nervous and messed up Renzoku kumite :O I am a bit worried sensei won't forget about it easily... O:)

Sunday - rest day

Monday 25.6.18:

CrossFit:

Not the usual instructor today. He must have been away and today's training was led by someone else, another instructor whom I have never had a class with before (he's there on Thursdays usually I think).

Warm-up:
    4 rounds of: 10 good mornings with a plastic stick, 10 squat cleans with a 14 lbs medicine ball, 30 handstand hold

- Stretching

- Find 1 rep max for clean & (split) jerk. I was going to 55 kg, but failed my first try on the clean (which I find harder of the two) and right as I failed, although I thought there was more time and I could maybe do it on my second try, the isntructor called the exercise done. Basically my 1 RM is still 50 kg.

WOD:
    - 20 min AMRAP:
    - 15 kcal on a an air bike or rowing machine
    - 10 squat cleans (25 kg for women, 40 kg for men)
    - 5 pull-ups (black band for me)

Ok, so as the only one I chose bike instead of rowing machine, thinking it is going to be easier. Except all the others finished before I had 10 kcal there :/ And it wasn't like I was taking it any easier.... And once I started I had to stick with the machine I chose. :eek: Well, I usually caught up to the two people on the cleans and pull-ups and started with the cardio before them, so I kept a similar pace, but the last guy did at least one round more :mad: And I was breathing heavy throughout the WoD. The squat cleans were fairly easy with the only 25 kg, but I had to take a breathing break in the middle at least. As for the last round instructor called to hurry it up and work hard and I felt like I am nearing a heart attack, puffing like a locomotive (well, that's a Czech idiom, hopefully translatable into English :D).
    I finished 5 rounds + 13 more kcal on the bike.
    Surprisingly my max heart rate wasn't as high as I'd expected it to be. It seemed like a cardio more heavy work-out.

Polar results:
    Time: 1:09
    Max HR: 181
    Average HR: 139
    Training benefit: Tempo & Maximum training
    Kcal: 589
    Fat burn: 26 %

axelb likes this.
  9. Travess

...and so he shouldn't!!! :D

Travess

10. Nachi

Tch, you're not supportive at all! :D Instead of comforting me that it was just a rare event, not happening ever again... :mad:

Travess likes this.
  11. Travess

My comfort and support were hidden (deep, deep down) within the subtext of my comment... :p

Travess

axelb and Nachi like this.
  12. Nachi

I see you're a very deep person, then! :D :cool:

Travess likes this.
  13. Nachi

Wow, I haven't updated in a long time! Sadly, I haven't been training much at all lately, spending most of my time on art, and when I wanted to go train, errands came up :(

After the Monday crossfit I missed the Tuesday training, I think. And wanted to go to cf on Wednsday or Thursday, but things came up and I didn't make it. On Friday we had a small dojo party celebrating the end of a season and that our dojo will be able to stay i the same place for several more years at least. When there were only 4 of us, the talk came to volleyball and sensei immediately proposed to go play right the next morning. And we went.

I haven't played volleyball properly for years and this was a beach volleyball on top of it, which only makes things harder. I was really unable to serve, which served to frustrate me quite a bit :D I didn't measure with my Polar (I forgot my phone in the dojo) , but we played for n hour and had fun :)

I am taking a break from crossfit as I am going to be away from Prague for some time now. And the karate season is over and neither of our senseis is probaly going to organize many trainings, so unless we make some of our own, there won't be many, either. I will be doing walk and bicycle trips for now :)

Sunday 1.7.

Walk.
    Time: 0:55
    Distance: 4,22 km (very roughly)
    Max HR: 157
    Average HR: 115
    Training benefit: Basic training
    Kcal: 341
    Fat burn: 43%

Monday 2.7.

Bicycle:
    Time: 1:37
    Distance: 28,3 km
    Max HR: 169
    Average HR: 138
    Training benefit: Steady State training +
    Kcal: 760
    Fat burn: 34%

Tuesday 3.7.

Not much activity today, only a very short walk:
    Time: 0:43
    Distance: 3,3 km (very roughly)
    Max HR: 138
    Average HR: 113
    Kcal: 263
    Fat burn: 43%

Wednesday 4.7.

Bicycle - a nice trail we found last year. The first half is mostly up the hill, but the second one is pure pleasure :D
    Time: 1:37
    Distance: 2:10 km (1:57 without breaks)
    Max HR: 164
    Average HR: 135
    Kcal: 995
    Fat burn: 38%

axelb and Travess like this.
  14. Travess

Karate season? Is this an actual thing in Prague / Czech Republic, or is it more specific to the IOGKF / your Dojo?

Travess

15. Nachi

It is specific to our dojo, because... well, our sensei is a teacher, so he gets his summer holiday :D
    Some years, he still made trainings at least once a week, some years, we just met and trained by ourselves, but there are no kids classes as they run only during the school year as kids would mostly be away somewhere, anyway :)

16. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

2 clubs I went to had the same setup, closing for school term due to a school being the venue.

when I taught at the club it worked out well as I often went away in summer and winter break :D

Nachi likes this.
  17. Nachi

So I have been out of Prague, out of wifi and somewhat inactive... I hoped to do more bicycle trips, but they didn't work out much, rain and stuff, so I at least went on some walks, hour to couple hours long.

I will be doing bicycle trips for the next five days, though, so I will update later. And my crossfit membership should re-start after that :)

18. Nachi

I have just returned from a cycling five day holiday. Some bicycle trip every day, usually with plenty of stops and local pubs and for lunch, for castles, etc. My legs feel tired, although we didn't ride some crazy distances, but there were some hills and as I am not an amazing cyclist... you know :D But our group of three seemed to be the fastest there, still, so we mostly rode on our own, not with the group. Having people all around you felt a bit frustrating anyway, especially if a kid fell off their bike right in front of me or people stopped suddenly or sometimes went down the hill ridiculously slow (my fingers were aching from pulling the brakes so hard on such a beautiful straight hill...). Our smaller group was much more comfortable.
    There were beautiful places to see, plenty of black berries, plums and especially cherry plums along the roads. Which was nice :)

I'll just write down each day's summary. I have used my tachometer, from which I am going to write down the distances, time and max speeed, as they would be the most precise there. The rest is mostly from my polar, altitudes from maps where I tracked our roads.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 13.7.18:

First trip together in the afternoon when we gathered. With a stop at a watchtower. This was a slower trip, the only one where we rode with the whole group. With a nasty hill somewhere in the middle.

Distance: 23,2 km
    Time: 1:34
    Total altitude climb: 485 m
    Max speed: 47,2 km/h
    Average speed: 15,0 km/h

Max HR: 175
    Average HR: 129
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 870
    Fat burn: 40%

____________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14.7.18

we picked the longer trail out of the two, went on our own, but met with the rest of the group often. Trip to a castle and as usual to places where some Czech fairy tales were filmed. A totally nasty hill shortly after the middle that became a measure for us all to what we don't want to ride ever again :D

Distance: 50,2 km
    Time: 3:21
    Total altitude climb: 940 m
    Max speed: 49,9 km/h
    Average speed: 15,0 km/h

Max HR: 170
    Average HR: 131
    Kcal: 1755
    Fat burn: 45%

Sunday 15.7.18

We felt a bit tired today, so we decided for the shorter route, even changed it a bit so that we could visit Kost, one of the most preserved Czech medieval castles.

Distance: 33,7 km
    Time: 2:28
    Total altitude climb: 700 m
    Max speed: 58,6 km/h
    Average speed: 13,6 km/h

Max HR: 166
    Average HR: 124
    Training benefit: Basic & Steady State training, long
    Kcal: 1129 - it should be more, as I forgot to record for around 3 km...
    Fat burn: 44%

Monday 16.7.18

We picked the longer road today, except for maybe a 6 km way at the end as we chose to go that way yesterday. This was the prettiest trip of them all in nice forests with nice views of beautiful tower-like rocks. Like yesterday, I unfortunately stopped my Polar for around 3 km, so the especially kcal burnt would be a bit less here.

Distance: 41,2 km
    Time: 2:50
    Total altitude climb: 916 m
    Max speed: 52 km/h
    Average speed: 14,6 km/h

Average HR: 134
    Kcal: 1391 - it should be more, as I forgot to record for around 3 km...
    Fat burn: 42%

Tuesday 17.7.18

Last day without any real stops for beer/lemonade/whatever, our goal was a renowned medieval tavern in a place some 20 km away. It wasn't the cheapest, but the atmosphere was nice and food delicious! :)

Distance: 45,2 km
    Time: 2:50
    Total altitude climb: 891 m
    Max speed: 52,9 km/h
    Average speed: 16,0 km/h

Max HR: 167
    Average HR: 130
    Kcal: 1431
    Fat burn: 38 %

Just for fun the five-day training total:
    Distance: 193,5 km
    Time: 13:03
    Total altitude climb: 3 932 m
    Average speed: 14,8 km/h

Kcal: 6 576 (but more like 7 000 since I forgot to record here and there)

Now I am not planning any huge activity for a few days :oops::cool:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  19. Travess

Now that's what I call a holiday - No sitting around doing nothing, no hours wasted poolside (or if there where, then they were 'earned') just plenty of activity!

Travess

Nachi likes this.
  20. Nachi

Sooo, I've taken a break from training now. There are no official karate trainings now (although there was a week-long Gasshuku in London last week) and I was spending a lot of time at our family cottage with no internet there, so I wasn't very active on the forum here. I only did an occassional walk and went swimming to a pond on Sunday. I decided to try the waterproofness of my Polar watch and they still seemed to work, so I have measured my swimming (although very relaxed to the other end of the pond and back:

Polar results:
    Time: 0:34
    Max HR: 130
    Average HR: 122
    Kcal: 236
    Fat burn: 36 %

It has been a month since any karate and crossfit for me now and I can feel and see my muscles and well general fitness feeling dissapear slowly! :eek: Which means it is about time I started working out again. Also it seems possible I will be trying to go for my black belt a year from now - in Okinawa :) So it is also time to start training for that! :D
    So I decided today was the next crossfit day and I had forbidden myself to think of any excuses. Although it would be extremely easy to come up with some as it is incredibly hot there days - 33°C today and it is supposed to get worse. I have made my room dark and it is now comfortable cool 31°C XD Of course, the crossfit gym doesn't have any AC, only a poor tiny fan at one end of the gym, which, honestly, doesnt help much :D But! I said I'd go and I did! After a month of not doing much at all it was bound to be tough, but if I go once, it will all get better! :)

Monday 30.7.:

CrossFit:

Usual Monday coach is hiking somewhere in the mountains, so today's training was led by another one that I don't know well.
    - We started with, ehm, a dodgeball with a (luckily only) 10 lbs medicine ball. After that 2 rounds of: 1 lap run with 14 lbs medicine ball around the gym, 10 squat cleans with that ball, 8 push-ups and 6 strict presses with an empty bar (15 kg).

- Nice and slightly longer than usual stretching

- 8 min EMOM - 2 front squats every minute. I did 1 round with 35 kg, 1 with 40, 2 with 45, 2 with 50 and 2 with 55 kg. I wasn't going to push myself too hard after such a break :D

- Push jerk practise - really just a practise with bar only, which was nice, we got some tips, we were shown a few ways to do it and we could try to see if something fits us best.

- WoD:
    12 min AMPRAP:
    - 12 thrusters (25 kg for women)
    - 12 box jump-overs
    - 12 pull-ups (with my favourite, super strong rubber band) :)

- Thrusters were as bad as usual, although I had time to forget how bad they were XD We were told this won't be an easy WoD so we should always break the thrusters up, even in the first round, so I did that.
    - Box jump-overs - coach is funny he said to do them in one go as they are an easy thing where you can catch your breath. Lol, this is exactly the type of exercise that takes my breath away :D I was trying to figure out a way to make them easier for myself and was trying them half laterally as some people do, so that I don't have to turn 180° after each jump. Coach came to me and showed me a better option to jump straings, turn on the box on one leg somehow and do the 180° turn there. I couldn't figure out the turn to make it look as easy and graceful as he did :D But I kept trying. Until the last round where I thought it was enough and just tried my usual way. Which suddenly seemed pretty much the easiest of them all :D
    - Pull-ups. I tried some kipping with that rubber band also to make it easier for myself, but.... still.

I managed the training better than I thought except I was sweating as a p.., ehm, a lot :D Hair sticking to my neck and shoulders, sticky all over, sweat pouring into my eyes... pretty comfy overall :D

Polar results:

Time: 1:10
    Max HR: 183
    Average HR: 136
    Training benefit: Maximum training
    Kcal: 575
    Fat burn: 27 %

axelb, Jaydub and Travess like this.