My theory regarding BJJ and Japanese Jiu Jitsu

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by GojuShotokan, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sorry, I'm not playing games with someone who hasn't got a clue.

I probably have more videos on MAP than any other person, so take a look around and add your critique to them.

Good try though, carry on.

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

You said he was a greco roman guy, how does someone hit his head on the floor from an upperbody clinch?

Please be exact because at the moment your story doesnt seem to be internally consistant.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

One punch vs a throw? Just do the physics man. Which is going to have more force, a well executed punch or a well executed throw? Which is going to have more elasticity, a fist meeting a mobile head or a head hitting the planet earth?

4. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

We were on a "wrestling platform"- a foam carpet (I dont know what you call it in english). The main objective was to get the opponent on his back inside the carpet. But I ended up throwing him outside down to the ground below, whereby he slammed in his head on the ground in the process.

5. philosoraptor

So... You threw someone, he was unable to continue, therefore throwing is ineffective? Interesting logic.

6. Dead_pool

So you threw the guy, (which is great) and your saying thats why wresters arent very good? Is that correct?

How did you throw him outside?

7. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

So this was a wrestling match then? How in the hell does that play into the rest of what you are saying in this thread?

As usual you are making zero sense

8. philosoraptor

Reminds me of that JKD dude who kicked the other fella in the nadgers and proclaimed his style of JKD the best.

9. itf-taekwondo

Because...If I can manage under wrestling rules close range, then I think striking to all targets (anything goes) conditions would be even better for my side. I think size difference/ physical streight is more indicivative than if it happens to be a wrestler or western boxer I am up against. Also our respective heights....

Especially if its a knockout boxer compared to wrestler/Bjj dude. Then close range is equally dangerous.

10. Hannibal

Go fight an MMA match - until then this is empty posturing with no basis in reality or experience

11. Hannibal

Again, have you been spying on me?

12. Dead_pool

How did you throw him?

13. philosoraptor

You've made some remarkable conclusions off of one bout with one wrestler. I wonder why that doesn't gel with the data generated by literally thousands of mixed martial art, vale tudo, shooto, etc., etc. matches.

14. itf-taekwondo

I dont remember - it was 10 years ago and quite intense.

15. philosoraptor

It sounds like this was something that happened in high school… Did it happen in high school? I'd also point out that you are making arguments based on what sounds like one schoolyard fight you had against someone who took wrestling and ignoring literally, literally now, thousands of fights that occurred between professionals who have dedicated their lives to their respective disciplines. You've said those don't count, because they weren't fights to the death, but somehow your high school tiff does count?

Again, interesting logic.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  16. Dead_pool

thanks for trying.

Do you not just think having some training in striking, clinch and groundwork is better then not. I mean if wrestling was easy, why aren't you state champion already?

Or is it just that you've trained hard at ITF tkd, may be quite good at ITF tkd, and now dislike anything that isnt ITF tkd or at least similar?

17. itf-taekwondo

Andersson silva did a pretty good job standing (thanks to steven seagals invention of the front kick).

okey, andersson is a bjj blackbelt but he KOs them anyway.

18. Hannibal

Tyr on a bike it just gets worse......

19. philosoraptor

I kind of feel like you don't need us here. You're providing arguments, and then dismissing them all on your own.

Here is a panda:

[​IMG]

20. Dead_pool

Because he can give full commitment to his striking because he has a plan b, which is BJJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.