My second N-Class fight is near!

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

This coming Sunday, the 26th January 2014, I will be travelling down to Cambridge to take part in a N-Class rules fight (16oz gloves, shinguards, no knees or elbows to head, no decision) at Born To Fight 20.

I am hoping to manage to capture the fight on video so I will upload it if I can (or rip it off a copy of the DVD when it gets sent to me).

Wish me luck!

2. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Good luck mate,

Remember fortune favours the brave - so pull off those high risk kicks and you'll win.

Baza

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Good luck UC!

Mitch

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Good Luck!

Cheers

Dan93

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

From what I saw from the vids you provided, your 'Thai Camp'- like training will certainly put you in a superior position for a win.

But, good "luck", anyroads!

6. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Good luck - sounds like you have really been training for this!

7. Unreal Combat

I will do my best. I will be focusing more on Muay Thai technique this time around though I may throw in the odd cheeky spinning back kick if the opportunity presents itself. ;)

Thank you Mitch.

Thanks Dan.

It's a N-Class fight so there is no decision. No winner or loser. However here's hoping the training helps me to be the more dominant fighter on the day. It's all about progress and preparing for the decision fights!

Thanks though! :D

I probably take it more seriously than I should, but yeah, I train hard and will fight hard. That's the best I can do other than enjoy myself and have fun on the day as well. :)

Thanks!

8. belltoller

Ahh...you're right! Didn't stick out when I read your post, just assumed C - class . Ya, it helps a lot not having to mind with an official w/l clouding up the experience.

My post should've said simply, "Enjoy!"

9. Unreal Combat

Other than the record it is all being done in a proper professional manner. It's a UKMF sanctioned event, with proper officials. They're doing Team GB trials, and a few decision fights, as well. There's a lot of N-Class fights, but the standard at this event will be a lot higher than a lot of other Interclubs (so I am told anyway).

Will be good fun. :)

10. belltoller

Right. Its good to point out that its the same in every respect except it is not recorded in the books as a Win/Loss for/against the fighters and Novice are required shin-guards.

How ya feel 'bout this one? You won't know before the match who you'll be fighting, then?

11. Unreal Combat

No I won't know until on the day. As before, at my last Interclub N-Class fight, it's weigh in on the day and if they need to make any adjustments to the matchup, based on weight differences, they will do so.

Feeling pretty good though I have a minor injury that may hinder me. Hopefully it's just temporary and I shake it off by Sunday. It wont stop me from competing though and I won't make any excuses either. I will give it 100%.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  12. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

13. Unreal Combat

Thanks!

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Have fun!

15. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Unless your opponent goes to sleep. :rolleyes: Just sayin.
    Seriously though, trust your training, trust your coach. You will do great!

16. Unreal Combat

Well, whatever happens, happens. :)

Thanks for your support everyone.

17. ned

ned Valued Member

Best of luck mate,you're well prepared so relax and enjoy the fight !

18. Unreal Combat

Will do! Thanks! :)

19. Unreal Combat

Here's the fight card for the event.

[​IMG]

I'm on second to last at 19.00 (Red corner).

20. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

That's huge! So many fights D: