My reviews of the Elastic Steel products

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by proteinnerd, May 21, 2010.

1. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Valued Member

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post a link http://training4splits.blogspot.com/2010/01/hi-im-proteinnerd-if-you-have-read-my.html to my ongoing blog that tracks my "attempt" to increase my flexibility using the Elastic Steel products. If you are curious about the products, I have just finished the online flexibility course and am about to start the Hamstring Flexibility System. I also have a comparison between the splits DvD, Book and online course.

While I have been training in the Martial Arts for years, my flexibility has always been very average (or crap in other words). So if you are like me and struggle with flexibility, my perspective on these products might be useful. I always wonder if the supposed testimonials for people that dropped into the full splits after 2 weeks of using a program always were naturally flexible but just never tried properly.

While a Hip Flexor injury has stopped my increase in my splits flexibility in the last few weeks, I will keep the blog going and have shifted focus until then to the hamstring system.

I also have a copy of the grappler specific video if anyone wants a review of that let me know.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Wish me luck

2. Stanislovas

Stanislovas Valued Member

I wish you luck.

3. liero

liero Valued Member

Thanks for the link...I find the elastic steel products very expensive and was hoping to find somthing like this before I took the plunge.

however, I do have a copy of Broad sPECTRUm conditioning for kicks, and its quite good

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'll be honest and say that I'm not keen on Elastic Steel. The quality of the presentation (spelling, grammar, etc) is always off, the content is oftentimes questionable and there seems to be a dozen "different" [expensive] products for achieving the same goal. However, if it helps you with your goals, then all the power to you.

I don't like seeing people struggle for a long time and achieve little in the way of results. To that end, proteinnerd, PM me your details and I'll send you a free copy of my book when it's published. I'm confident it will teach you how to touch your balls to the floor in less than 8 weeks.

And, yes, this probably sounds like a shameless attempt at self-promotion. That's because it is :D

5. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Where's the catch, Van Zandt? There's gotta be a catch somewhere... >.> :D

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

No catch my friend, just tired of people struggling to achieve their flexibility goals while being forced to fork out gazillions of their hard-earned money.

I hope that by all the free issues of my book I will be giving away that I ain't in this game to make money, but to help people be more flexible.

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

To those who have not read Van Zandt's blog or not seen his threads on MAP regarding stretching, I would urge you (if you are serious about flexibility) to get a copy of his book when it (finally) comes out.

I won a copy of Elastic Steel's DVD 'Splits and Flexibility' in a competition run by Van Zandt here on MAP. There was some good stuff on the DVD, but I found it a bit of 'do these stretches and do the splits', whereas Van Zandt offers an explanation in his posts of why you should do certain stretches, how you should do them,different types of flexibility and I think most importantly, what is going on with you anatomcally when you are doing them. I prefer this type of approach, as it helps my understanding, which in turn helps me spread the word to others.

Simon
    Van Zandt's no. 2 fan. HaHaHa.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

My army of minions is growing. Awesome :evil:

Seriously, thanks for your kind comments Simon.

9. Kraen

Kraen Valued Member

I must admit that I am also a fan of Van Zandt. Probably not in the top 10. But in there somewhere. :D

-Kraen

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Heh, thanks.

Hey, waitaminute! Are these just ploys to get free copies of the book?!

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

:evil::evil::evil::evil:

12. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Valued Member

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up that my ongoing blog is now at a new site

http://www.trainingforsplits.com

I'm currently reviewing the Elastic Steel Kicking DVD's