My Real Experience with the Juko-Kai and Combat-Ki

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Reiho, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

You didn't Fred - you are a trusting guy who took it at face value.

I am just a nasty skeptic who knows a line of politically based spin when I see it

2. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

It's old news Fred don't worry.

3. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Tracy,

Its not that we cant "take it". Many of us here have spent hours/years seeking out, and training under people who have legitimate knowledge and experience in said field(s). Its quite simple. If you want Japanese/Okinawan martial training, go to someone who has spent the time learning it for real. Not from someone who lied about his military background, lied about learning a secret family art that doesnt exist (Dai Yoshin ryu), Lied about learning said art from a family that does not possess said knowledge, and harassing Shihan Toma for recognition that he doesnt deserve.

If you want to follow Rod, thats fine, go ahead. But getting punched in the adam's apple, and getting repeatedly kicked in the ghoulies CANNOT be good for you in the long run. I mean c'mon man its your reproductive organs!

Take care,

Jon.

4. Reiho

Reiho New Member

Thanks Nojon. Even if you disagree with the Juko-kai methods you still used tact when discussing it. Took someone from NC to have class huh ;) Well I just wanted to share an experience, that is all. My old instructor is a Marine Corp Lt. Col and he said the same as you. He doesn't like the kick in the groin thing. Again, I just went and saw for myself and typed my experience.
    Maybe I expected Martial Artist to see it as an experience. It wasn't a plug for Juko-kai even if you think so Hannibal (I expect to see more class from a Koryu, really?) I admit I don't know this mans past. I haven't researched enough like the internet warriors have. Man, there is a lot of politics on this issue and it seems to strike a nerve with many. I am surprised. I knew there was some but WOW! I reckon someone will always have a problem with others even if they share an real encounter/experience. Maybe the reason is they haven't ever decided to take a chance and check something they liked/or disliked for themselves? I really don't know.
    Hannibal, have you ever trained in Japan and had some personal experiences that you wished to share with your students? I went because I wanted to see what all the fuss and politics was about. No I didn't research them enough but guess what, I don't have that kind of time. Whether you agree or disagree, it was interesting to see and I had a chance to meet some pretty good Martial Artist from all over. I think this is my last time posting on this forum. I haven't posted in years. Research that Hannibal if you have the time. Thanks for those who read and saw it for what it was. An experience in the Martial Arts. Good or Bad. It doesn't matter. Be well.

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

I have done a lot...and I mean a LOT...of stuff in my Martial Arts career. More than you can possibly imagine in fact. I have seen the good, the bad and the absolutely dreadful

The Juko Kai stuff is just parlour tricks pretending to be mystic and passing itself off as a martial art. It is unmitigated fraud to present as anything else. When I see someone in a real pressure test using their party piece I will take more notice.

It is useless ad inapplicable - and it no different that the BS Dillman passes off.

Why would I waste time, money and energy researching something that I know is worthless? Do you need to go see Yellow Bamboo to prove that as fake? Do you need to train with Ashida Kim to know he is?

When I look at the videos they put out I just shake my head at how people buy into this drivel. That is why i get so vocal - people PAY to learn it...they put themselves out and into danger buying a line of pseudo mystic nonsense that will get them hurt, killed or destroyed.

Derren Brown in much better and doesn't pretend he is doing something otherworldly

6. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Crocker is such an apt name in this circumstance.

7. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

That video was kinda impressive though, even if it was circus trick. Surely they didn't pay off Genki Sudo to pull his punches, so the guy was really taking those hits?

8. Nojon

Nojon Tha mo bhàta-foluaimein

Sorry if you took offense to my posting style. Talk about class and tact, how much does it take to lie about your background, and cheat people out of money, while possibly teaching them something that may well get them killed, because it is...made up?

*I should add, you start off by saying how nice they are by helping a woman in the airport. What does that have to do with anything? Im sure many confidence tricksters throughout history, have helped old ladies across the street, changed lightbulbs, and rescued kittens from trees...

Tracy stay away from Dr. Rod and all things Juko-related..

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  9. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Mr. Crocker,
    Since you obviously didn't like my answer on the other forum and reposted your 'review' here, I figure it was only fair that I repost my answer from there also ...

While I'm glad you had a good time and seemed to enjoy yourself, I have to wonder why you bothered to write all that down? You see, the big problem that most people have with Juko Kai is that they lie to sell their product. From the very beginning they have touted their stuff as "Japanese" and "Asian accredited" in attempts to make it more appealing and market it to more people. They use Japanese words and try to pass it off as Japanese, but it isn't. The "Asian accredited" soke stuff (now that's really stupid from a real Japanese martial arts perspective) is another part of the joke.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time with them. I hope all those training with Juko Kai are enjoying their training. Any training is better than sitting on front of the TV. However, there is nothing that you can say that will make them any less of a joke. Any group that claims Japanese roots, but have a 'Japanese' certificate that proclaims them the 'whorehouse style' is going to be a joke no matter how much you like them.

10. Dean Winchester

Er no it's not.

Certain training with some orgs is far more harmful.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  11. Dean Winchester

Which is commendable, especially when you consider that you’ve been throwing around the “internet warrior” insults.

:cool:

Then why get arsey when it gets questioned?

Is the koryu comment directed at Hannibal?

Tut tut again we see attempts at insults.

As this seems to be a running theme for you would you care to back up your assertion that some of us are “internet warriors”?

Any proof? Beyond of course that we’re disagreeing with you. :rolleyes:

Please give us a run down on the politics.

Have you thought that some are capable of viewing something and forming an opinion on it? I can think of a number of clips I’ve seen where I can see flaws in approach, method or tactics or even problems in movement.

I don’t have to go and take part.

That type of thing comes from actually training with skilled and honest people.

You went to Japan or is this referring to going to Juko Kai?

For the record I’ve visited (Japan) for training and I train under people who have either stayed there long term or travel for training.

But you have the time to go on the net on multiple forums posting this?

Sorry but your attitude and conduct have made you look far from sincere in this endeavour here of yours.

What you have to realise is that for some of us, those who train in Japanese arts with long histories, what Juko Kai is peddling is rather laughable.

That has nothing to do with politics or being a paper tiger it's down to actaully being exposed to the real thing.