my new job as a boxing coach

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by TNT Tommy, Oct 27, 2005.

1. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

I recently got hired at a boxing club as a full-time coach / sparring partner.

I recently quit my jobs as part-time kickboxing instructor and full-time truck driver because I wasn't happy with them.

I LOVE my new job. I train the more advanced students because of my many years of experience. It takes lots of endurance because most of the job is sparring. I spar with about 6 - 8 students a day. When I'm not sparring, I'm teaching bagwork.

I'm 23 now and feel that I've accomplished much in my martial arts life starting as a kickboxing instructor ( for 2 years ) and now boxing coach.

I started boxing at age 11 and then went to kickboxing at age 16, becoming a kickboxing instructor at age 21. I'm glad to be in boxing again, as this is my true passion. I no longer compete, but the sparring is like competition to me.

TNT Tommy :woo:

2. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i'm glad it all worked out for you :D congrats. are you satisfied with the financial side of the job?

3. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

That sounds cool. I'm pleased things are working out for you. :)

Fancy teaching me? :D

4. hux

hux ya, whatever.

man, that's awesome! How come you don't compete any more?

5. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Wow. Congratulations.
    If you ask most people if they wanted to get beat up for a living theyd say no, but im sure youll thoroughly enjoy it.

6. TNT Tommy

TNT Tommy New Member

the new job pays pretty good, just a slight decrease from the other two jobs combined, but i'm happy. I don't want to compete anymore because I've got enough trophies and awards and now want to concentrate on teaching others to be as good as I am.

Thanks for your support guys,

Keep on punchin'!!

TNT Tommy :woo:

7. hux

hux ya, whatever.

dang dude, that's even awesome-er. congrats!