My little girl sparring! So proud!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Combat Sports, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Combat Sports

Combat Sports Formerly What Works Banned

To give a little background, my daughter has only been full on sparring now for a couple of weeks. This boy used to give her a lot of trouble and we finally managed to get her to come out of her shell. I guess it would be more impressive if you had seen how far she came in just one night. But something "clicked" into place tonight and she did very well all night.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhBnA6Wj0jI&feature=youtu.be"]Morigan Boxing Sparring, 6/3/2015 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

Must... not... ctitique... children....

Her aggression level is great and her footwork was far better than his. I always like seeing those hands come back to their proper place! :D Very nice!

If she can tighten up those punches, get a bit more fluid footwork, and stop leaning in she will be a serious force to reckon with :evil:

3. Combat Sports

It's really a question of getting the psychology to line up with the drilling. She throws tight punches on the pads. Just getting her to be able to take that with her into the ring. Her earlier sparring was painful to watch because she was on the defensive too much to the point that it emboldened her opponents.

4. Combat Sports

I suppose it wouldn't be fair not to share my little boy's recent stuff too. (He is wearing the green shirt.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6gKT853ujE"]Connor Sparring Session, 6/1/2015 - YouTube[/ame]

5. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

LOL - love the slow-mo left hook! His partner felt that one!

Your daughter's boxing looks very crisp and targeted compared with her opponent and is obviously very game.

Makes me want to dig out the few vids that we did when our kids were boxing - there's actually a couple of promo's the MMA place we were at in Ohio did that featured one of my boys boxing - out there somewhere.

Do you have to go through Youtube? Its just me personally, I don't care to post vids of me bairns on that thing - that's the only medium available?

Thanks for sharing [​IMG]

6. Combat Sports

Morigan's Footwork looked best in this one. She is sparring a much older lady who seriously trains at the gym and needed a partner.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vozAVq-vW3A"]Morigan & Julie Sparring 6/3/2015 - YouTube[/ame]

As for Connor, he is hitting kids so hard that they are having a hard time finding partners for him that are his size. (His partner in these videos looks a lot smaller but he is only 3 pounds lighter. My son is tall.) He ended up sparring his sister which went better then I thought it would. But this video has some slow motion stuff in it too. He keeps scoring knockdowns with left hooks, which is odd because it is not one of his best punches on the pads. (He is also right handed.)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IFNSUSN1zs"]Connor 2cd Sparring Match with replays. 5/28/2015 - YouTube[/ame]

7. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Has to be asked: has Conor and his parents given you permission to post those videos? :)

8. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Your daughter has loads of potential and plenty of heart to go with it. As long as she keeps up the training she will only keep getting better.

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

From how you've described your daughter as being, she made some incredible progress! Good on her :)

10. Combat Sports

Connor is my son. :)

11. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Well, this is embarassing

12. Combat Sports

Hehehe, it's ok. Our family all live scattered around the United States so the family youtube channel is the only way many of them get to see any of their sports.