My Lady Fatima figure changed from Blue to Red ?!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Aloysius, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

First of all, I am open to all religions, and rarely discount anything.

Anyway, on with my story. Today is 3rd July 2009 and I'm at my desk work. On my desk are many things to keep me going throughout the day:

Nodding Yoda figure
    Rubix cube
    Lord Ganesha figure
    Our Lady Fatima Figure
    Some green army men
    Little dragon from a Kinder egg
    A nodding Falloutboy from Fallout 3 game
    A little laughing buddha
    A paper airplane and so on . . . .

Now the Lady Fatima figurine is the cheapest thing in my desk. It's a cheapo bit a plastic with a lady draped ina blue cloak, hands clasped in prayer, with 3 doves at her feet. She is on a plinth with the name Fatima on it.

I know price doesn't matter, I like having these items on my desk, they reassure me that there's something bigger out there, keeping an eye on things.

The thing is, I'm come in this morning and her coat has changed colour ! ! her cloak is no longer Blue, it is Red ! ! !

Can someone please explain to me if these colours are important to Lady Fatima, or if you've ever owned something Blue with turned Red in the sun ????

Is this a sign that I should look to Fatima for help? Or is it a sign I should get back to work???

I'm gonna keep an eye on her see if she weeps.

Your thoughts please.

2. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

You should not bother her too much now, time of the month and all that :p

Is the figurine in direct sunlight? Is it made in China?

Oh and call the Vatican!

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

What would you have thought if the nodding yoda figure had changed from green to blue? This means nothing apart from maybe you shouldn't leave plastic stuff in direct sunlight. Cool collection of stuff to have on your desk though :)

4. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

Maybe.

But Yoda didn't. She did.

There are plenty of other blue things on my desk. Nothing else blue changed colour !

5. Knight_Errant

search me, just one of those things I guess. But I wouldn't go around ascribing any meaning to it, that'd be like those guys who find something that looks like jesus in a piece of wood...

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

It's definitely supernatural. I mean, it's a figurine of the Lady Fatima!! There's no way there could be a natural explanation for something just changing colour like that. No way.

7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

It's a miracle!:Angel:

8. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

I guess it would be slightly less interesting if it happened to something else.
    But forgetting the religious aspect of it, it was wierd the way it stood out from the rest, it being the only thing that changed colour.

9. CosmicFish

Does it have a new smell about it, maybe of nail varnish? ;)

10. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

Nope.

Nor nail varnish remover :hat:

11. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Could it be the heat?

12. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Who knows what they get up to when you are not looking.
    Is the buddha still laughing.

13. CosmicFish

Good point. Possibly it's made of the same stuff as those mugs you can get. When they're empty they're all one colour. But when you fill them with hot liquid you're pleasantly surprised by the appearance of a young lady who appears to have mislaid her clothes.

14. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Congratulations! Lady Fatima's cloak changes color when Radon gas levels reach lethal concentration. Breath deep and you will soon meet many famous religious figures. :D :cool:

15. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Plastic changing colour isn't exactly a great mystery. The other objects were presumably made at different places from different materials so that they didn't change isn't any big surprise.

The only reason this is of note is because it was a plastic RELIGIOUS figure if it was anything else then I can almost guarantee you wouldn't be discussing it here.

16. Knight_Errant

Hey, can you see jesus?

Attached Files:

17. Aloysius

Aloysius Valued Member

That picture has made my day !

Thanks KE.

As far as the lil plastic status changing colour, I think we can safely assume this was caused by the sun / heat yesterday.

18. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I once had a boss like that. Everytime I spoke to him, his face would go all red and veins would appear on his forehead. I once asked if it was because I was like a messiah figure but he had a different answer.

The Bear.

19. Knight_Errant

Hey, no problem :)

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Touch Jeebus's light switch. You know you want to. Go on...flick it.

[​IMG]