my Gym is irresponsible ?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by de Beuker, Oct 20, 2015.

1. de Beuker

de Beuker New Member

Hello guys and girls :)

im wondering if im so wrong or is my gym so irresponsible ,this weekend my gym had a club competition ,my problem is that im thinking the people are not good enogh to do this also in training the do nothing about techniek.also the do nothing on defence ! this is what my mentor is sending to the ring.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTibl2r3fY"]Not ready for Boxing - YouTube[/ame]

the guy in the green shirt was ko in the first round when the belll rings he was not getting up for 15 / 20 sec and still the let hem do the 2e round!

what do you guys think about the responsibility of sending this guy in the ring, and when you think some one is ready to fight?

the people that where in the club competition training for 4 up to 11 month.i think its crazy!

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

First, thank you for sharing. Second, please take the time to use proper sentence structure, spelling, punctuation, etc.. (Although, I myself, need to improve in this)

Without being there, it would seem they mis-matched the spar session

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Chill 47, OP probably ain't a native English speaker.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

What VZ says, appreciate that we are an English only forum but OP is most likely not an English primary speaker (noting the username here).

So lets chill on that. And the message is still clear.

Was the gym irresponsible for their actions/decisions? And lets go from there

(That vid...I'm not a fan either)

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Do you have a "clean" unedited version of this video please?

6. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Personally I love the video and the music. :D

But not as much as I love the idea of martialman picking someone up on how they write their posts.

7. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

I was harsh. Warn't the English diction - my own spouse is a non-native speaker - but the nauseous video editing.

I'd really wanted to chime in on it as I'd belonged to an MMA gym once that had likewise similar bad matchups and a tragedy that resulted from it.

Just don't know if the OP is serious.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  8. belltoller

Of course you would, Dean ... just outta spite ( :p )

9. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I haven't considered that. I thought it was a lethargic person or someone using text speak. That said, I still think everyone using English in that manner can use constructive criticism to improve

As for the video, did the trainer purposely match a experience with a non-experience? Did the trainer do this to cast out the fear of sparring from the non-experience?

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This is worse English usage than the OP's.

[​IMG]

11. de Beuker

de Beuker New Member

Im dutch and i know my english sucks :-D i know. The trainer dont want to place the full video on internet, hope one of the members Will place it later this week.

12. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Your english is just fine so don't worry

The green t-shirt individual has no business competing at all in my opinion

13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Your english is fine man. Martial man's being a knobber.

Anyway...I'd say the guy in green was ill prepared for that level of sparring. Seems irresponsible coaching to me.

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

15. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

See, I'm all for letting people roll up their sleeves and try, but the man in the green t-shirt was totally outmatched by the looks of it and probably should have spent more time training before competing.

Also if you do manage to get your hands on an un-edited version of the video, that would be great. :)

16. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

The guy in black didn't seem experienced to me either.
    He was off balance and with his hands lowered most of the time.
    How much time has he been training?

From what you said your trainer seems like the definition of irresponsibility.

17. belltoller

My bad. I thought it your personal vid. Did your trainer say why he did the video in that manner; because the 'production' makes it seem as if the intent of the upload is for (attempted) comedic effect and I wouldn't think the subject of the video would be overjoyed at the portrayal.

Did he recover from the KO alright? ( the looser of the mismatched sparring bout at one of my gyms did not )

Ja - see if you can get the raw footage -

EDIT:

Was he actually unconscious or was knocked down and just sort of lay there pondering whether he wanted to get back at it or not?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  18. de Beuker

de Beuker New Member

if im correct he trains for 7 month now

19. PointyShinyBurn

PointyShinyBurn Valued Member

Nothing boosts confidence like a savage beating.

20. ned

ned Valued Member

Not much to show for it . Doesn't look like even the basics ; footwork , movement of body/head , covering up etc.have been adequately drilled to any effective extent before getting in the ring which shows a lack of care on the part of those in charge