My First Match

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. hux

hux ya, whatever.

Get some experience in both and make up yer own mind. Sounds like a good coach you got there. :)

Gloat time is over, though - almost every pic that shows you kicking has yer hands down around yer waist. Shame, shame, shame. Bad Korpy!

Congrats dude, seriously. But get yer friggin hands up ;)

2. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

nice work

to some of who have been here a while it seems like we are watching you grow up.....a tear comes down my eye.

from garage brawls with neighborhood kids, to all the questions...to first ring fight. great job

as far a mt v fcr rules.

i thinb your kinda young if my memory serves me correctly.

well if i were you. if i was really interestled in a fight career.

here are some points

1.it is early in your life....so get as much ring experence as you can. now that you have done it you can see what we mean by there is no experence like it....the nerves, the crowd, the lights.....ya forget about half of what you learned in training....i bet you cant even rember half of the fight or the night....to much excitement...(i know my first fight is a hazzy blur....and no I didnt get knocked out :)

so that being said while you are young i would say get as much ring time as you can....any rule set...that way you will feel way more comfortable in the ring. also you will get a feel for what you are good at ...after a few years speciallize.

just try to avoid the real big hitters.

2. imo....mt would be the way to go (Or MMA). i think that the furure looks better for mt and MMA than kickboxing and boxing. i may be wrong but it seems like these two keep growing and the rest keep shrinking......sort of like football v baseball. i like them all but i think the writing is on the wall.

however if you find you are a better say boxer than kickboxer or mt guy.....go for it

3. get to a boxing gym now!!!! if you are taking that fight.its not reall different but there are some sublte differences you may want to know before the fight.

4 dont worry about amature losses...they dont mean much it really just means you have fought the correct level of competion....dont worry about protecting your record till pro.

5. if it were me i would not acknowlege this loss.......keep records on it in case you ever really do need it

but a. they put you in with a far larger more experenced opponent,
    b. you fought a good fight and the judges "robbed you"...although everyone not knocked out thinks they were robbed :)

c it was only a two round exebition anyways

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

So it definatly looks like my next fight will be October 20th, which will be an FCR match. I hope to fight International Rules soon.

I believe for this fight, I'm gonna be even more prepared. I admit that in my first bout, I was a little gunshy to throw my hands, but not anymore. Winning my Boxing match earlier this week definatly makes me wanna throw some leather. :D :cool:

I feel like I'm gonna be more balanced, and hopefully I'll get more info soon.

4. Any video or video clips of either your boxing or kickboxing fights? :)

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

My gym makes dvd's so I will try to get copies. The dvd's are a big sell and sell for like $16.

I'll try to get them.

6. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Watch out for copyright, don't want to **** off your gym or the promoter.

7. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Ok new news.

My October 20th fight got cancelled, but now insted I will be fighting October 27th.

I am suppose to fight under Muay Thai rules this time. (if not, it'll be IR)

And also this time it is suppose to be these guys.

http://www.matsumotoshidokan.com/

These are the guys who didn't show up last time. Hopefully this time, they'll actually show up.

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

This saturday is my MT match. I'm feeling good about it. I'm a little stressed from other subjects in my life right now, but I'm trying to focus on this match. Hopefully this time I'll get the win. :)

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Good, good, good. Hang in there Korp. It all comes together.
    Keep your lungs in good shape and keep your headspace clean.
    We're down for ya! :D

10. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hands up,chin down and keep moving dude :)

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

So a little update.

Apparently the guy I was scheduled to fight MT might not want to fight MT. So I might be fighting Low Kick insted. A lil frustrating but all good.

Not only that, but my fight is the main event of the night. :) Quite an honor, I cant wait to get in the ring and throw some leather.

12. Cuchulain4

Cuchulain4 Valued Member

Good Luck! Be sure to film it and post here so we can criti- i mean congratulate you on it :p

13. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

lol thanks.

Got the news tonight, its no longer MT rules, it is Low Kick Rules. But I wouldnt be surprised if come fight day my coach tells me the guy will only fight me FCR. Whatever, I'll get in there and do my thing.

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I'm fighting FCR. I knew this was gonna happen. That's 2 opponents in a row who dont want to fight MT/LW.

Whatever, I love Kickboxing, so I'm gonna go kick ass. (or at least try too)

15. Sweeter_Science

Sweeter_Science Valued Member

Best of luck man, remember to keep the guard up while you kick.