My First Match

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by Korpy, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks slip. I can't say that I'm not just a little bit scared. I mean, Shidokan guys are tough. But I'll try to keep calm, stay technical, throw combinations, and beat him down. ;) :D

Even if I win or lose, all I know is that Im learning alot and will fight again.

2. Daniel84

Daniel84 Valued Member

being a bit scared is natural, helps you raise your game as well.

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Only about 9 days left.

Training hard. Everyday that Im not at work, Im at the gym. I'm sore, but good. Still very nervous. Last when I was in the gym, I kept messing up on the low kick. Im pretty sure it was cause Im nervous and was off on technique. When I threw a leg kick with my back leg, about 50% of the time, I kept hitting with my foot insted of my shin. It annoyed me since that has never happened to me before. It's just my nerves are playing games with me.

It's ok, when fight day comes, Ill be ready.

4. Al_Bundy

Al_Bundy Valued Member

:confused:

What are you talking about dude?

The discipline is called "low-kick" because in addition to full contact rules you can use low kicks as well.

5. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

BIG update.

Sadly, some of the fighters from Shidokan cannot make it, and that leaves no one in my weight class for Muay Thai =( =( =(. So the only other opponent they could get was a fighter that only fights FC Rules. So, I now will be fighting FC Rules. I mean, its ok, since I did eventually want to fight FC, but I did have my heart set on fighting Muay Thai.

9 days left. :)

6. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

7 days left, and Im really sore.

Everything hurts. My abs, my arms, my traps. How do I reduce swelling and pain? Should I use something like icy hot?

7. relish

relish Valued Member

You tried an ice bath? It's the worst thing ever but should help with being sore lol.

8. You got a few options...

1) Taper down the training anyway, so you're not doing anything very intense this week and in 7 days the soreness will have gone. I never do intense training in the week run-up to the fight.

2) Get some kind of massage, although these cost money.

3) Cold bath as mentioned above, or if you live near the coast go swim in the sea for half an hour.

4)Alternate cold/hot showers... I love these... have a hot shower and then switch it to cold... after a while on cold switch it back to hot etc.

5) Some kind of product like deep heat, icy hot or whatever (though I personally hate these)

9. Daniel84

Daniel84 Valued Member

i think tapering back the training slightly is probably the best idea, i normally go easy during the last 4-5 days particularly the 72 hours before a match it's just maintenance really, you should be at your fighting fit level already and you don't want to risk a last minute injury.

10. hux

hux ya, whatever.

We dont allow our fighters to train at all in the week leading up to a fight.

Rest. You're not going to get any better in the next 7 days..so rest :)

11. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you all very much.

6 more days.

So I heard I caused quite the rumble. Today I learned that almost 30 + people have bought tickets or have inquired about me to watch me fight. I thought it was only gonna be my girl, my family, and my friends. Apparently people from my school, my job, and my old job are all coming. I feel real honored, it's a great feeling. :)

I'm gonna rest, maybe just train a lil, and keep my head about me.

12. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Ok, 4 days left.

I'm getting lots of rest at night, and not working too hard during the day. I told my school gym teacher that I dont want to work out that much this week. (since all we're doing is fitness) and he's ok with that. Besides that, I'm just sitting back, and thinking about my match.

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

30 peeps coming to watch you eh Korpy! thats great,and all the millions on Map rooting for you,go and do it sir ;)

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Tomorrow is the big day. :eek:

Still nervous, but I've done all I can. I'm gonna go to the gym once more tonight, and well, tomorrow is the big match.

Last night, I was like the last person in the gym. I got in the ring, and I gotta say, it was a little scary. But hey, I've got a game plan, I got alot of support from my gf, my family, my friends, and even my coworkers.

I'm talking to a friend to see if she can tape it.

I'll give ya'll the results tomorrow. :)

15. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

All the best Korpy "knock out kid" ;)

16. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

Good luck man. and don't worry 'bout the nerves his first big punch will scare them away! :)

17. Daniel84

Daniel84 Valued Member

good luck mate.

18. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Today... is.. the... day! :D

I'm a little nervous but I'm gonna relax all day.

19. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

That's your future purse up. If you sell tickets you get paid more ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007