my first jkd lesson

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by musikah, Dec 4, 2012.

1. musikah

musikah New Member

i did my first jkd lesson last night. i would say at first im confused when i saw people have a stick im thinking im at the wrong class(escrima). i know jkd have a influence of most martial arts but my expectation last night was more on teaching fast punching and kicking. oh well my first choice on taking lesson is on kali/escrima but the schedule wont fit on my work schedule so i like the lesson that they put fma and jkd in one class:) next time ill bring my stick:)

2. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Did you enjoy it more importantly?

And welcome to the wonderful world of JKD!

Edit: Just realised who you are! That was my class!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  3. musikah

musikah New Member

yup:) just fixing a little bit on my work schedule but for sure ill be back there. gonna practice that triangle footwork so i can avoid hitting on the head lol

4. Hannibal

That's the spirit! P-Dog is a good coach too - considering that was your first time you did pretty well :)

5. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

What sort of escrima do you do Hannibal? or what's in your club?

I just started working on double sticks!!

6. musikah

musikah New Member

@hannibal thanks:)

7. Hannibal

Primarily Inosanto/Lacoste, but I also use a lot of Battlefield Kali syllabus and my partner in crime P-Dog has done some work with Crafty Dog so we like to give it a flavour of DB style too.

I tend to work largo Mano as a preference whereas P works close in so we blend very well

Double stick rocks!

8. musikah

musikah New Member

i did a little bit class of wing chun thats why last night im still confused how to block the punch my body still react on wing chun blocking:) now i know why people said sparring is important cuz in real fight if your not used on getting hit youll be knock out right away. last night p-dog hand is heavy and i know i need to get used of that to survive in a real situation:)

9. brisrocket

brisrocket Taekwondo instructor in Brisbane Australia

What a small world to find someone who attended one of your classes!

What do you think of JKD in general? I am an experienced ITF TKD practitioner and have always had a fascination with Kung Fu and JKD...

10. Pompeythegreat

Pompeythegreat Im Very White Aparently

This is awesome, I was just going to message you about coming down to your club Hannibal. So many mappers in one city. :D

11. Hannibal

Come down anytime bro!