My first Full Thai Fight 21-06-07

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by SCP_Kensei, Jun 8, 2007.

1. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Hey Guys

Well i'm almost a week into my trainign in Phuket now, and despite some nagging issues with my Lumbar Sprain (8 weeks old and still a pain) things are going well.

I asked mfor a fight and Tuk (Rawai Muay thai Gym Manager) has arranged one for me for 21st of this month.

I'll be fighting in the Soinamyen Road arena (I had hoped for Bangla Road as it's less intimidating in size, but whatever).

I can't wait! My GF will be videoing it so when I gety home on July 1st, i'll post it on You Tube and you can all have a laugh at me getting killed ;)

My coach (Deng for those of you familiar with Rawai Muay Thai) seems happy with my progress (Although some of the stuff that carries over from the Muay Boran that my instructor at home teaches me winds, him up a bit at times...they're very big on the basics here). And I'm acclimatising well.

Any MAPers on Phuket this month come and see me, I'm the ponytailed guy with KENSEI written on the back of his (extremely gaudy) shorts.

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Hey good luck! I hope your injury doesn't get in the way. ;)

3. SCP_Kensei

Well i'm fit to fight and all fired up. However I have just been told that they have been unable to match me.

I'm despondant, so gutted that I only did a short session this morning and wont be training this afternoon (i'm taking the day off to sulk).

If there are any Heavyweight (91kg +) novices out there on Phuket looking fortheir first fight (or maybe guys with one or 2 fights looking to fight another novice) give me a shout via the www.rawaimuaythai.com forum, or get your trainer to call Tuk at Rawai Muay Thai.

I can fight on the 21st, or 24th, I leave for Bangkok on the 26th. I'm 105kg and haven't had a fight yet.

4. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ah sorry to hear that. 91kg will be next to impossible to find in BGK at least amongst the Thai's... but there's a good chance you can find it against a westerner training in BGK.

Good luck with finding an opponent mate... I was told last night that I wouldn't be able to compete in a government sponsored competition in Singapore in Sept. because the heaviest they had was 165lbs and I'm at between 175-180lbs fight weight. Bummer is me. I feel your pain. :)

5. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

tough it out and go on the eric morralles diet plan

6. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

Ahh that sucks ass, i hope you can find a stand in.

Just keep training! all the best.

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I just managed a fight for August at 175lbs! :D

8. SCP_Kensei

Last minute (ie afternoon of the 20th) they managed to get me a fight.

I was fighiting a guy called Mamai, a Thai local weighting in at about 175lbs. Despite being much lighter than me the guys was strong as an ox and stuck to me like glue in the clinch. the guy had had a lot of fights but wasn't one of the local "punching bags", he was suppoised to be fighting a guy from the US whow as taken out by a motorbike accident.

I went the full five rounds and won by decision. 49/48 unanimous.

I'll put the video on Youtube and link it when I get back home.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  9. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Well done SCP :)

10. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

5 rounds? Must have been breathing through your ****! :p How long were the rounds?

Congrats on the win!

11. kingc699

kingc699 Valued Member

Well done, congratulations on the win. Let us know when its up on You tube.

12. beeran1

beeran1 Valued Member

Congrats on the fight! Can't wait to see it.