My First Day in Judo

Discussion in 'Judo' started by MasteR-[G], Jul 26, 2005.

1. DeepFreeze

DeepFreeze Lurker

Welcome to our wacky little world Beef. Aegis is right though, 30 is nothing. Prepare to get tossed around like a rag for the coming weeks :p

But you'll get used to it shortly though. After about 1000-2000 ukemis you wont even notice it.

2. beef

beef New Member

I can't wait (I think?). We were just practicing hip throws and breaking the balance but I enjoyed it! We did a few body drop throws and some basic groundwork (the first two holds) but it was good fun!

EDIT: Actually my backs starting to stiffen up now! lol

Last edited: Aug 15, 2005
  3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

I just had my first day in Judo too and I loved it.

I come from Karate (don't do anymore) and Tai Chi (my main art) and most of the standing stuff I saw is almost exatcly to stuff in Tai Chi. The ground work is brill fun as well, lots of lock and chokes. I didn't realise it had so much ground work - I am delighted.

As someone said, it isn't brain surgery. And I mean no offense by that, like any good martial art it isn't complex, its all body dynamics and physics. The simple stuff is the best stuff as that is what worse.

No regards to this mythical "street", it is very handy. I don't know how many of you have been thrown to the mat hard - I have and it isn't fun. Replace the mat with concrete and most people won't want to carry on after one good throw.