MY Diet and Workout Routine

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JaxMMA, Jun 24, 2011.

1. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

I've started working with a nutritionist back in March and made some decent progress.
    My starting weight was 195lbs at 18% b/f. Goal was to go down to 175 and around 10% BF. At my last session with nutritionist (June 3rd) I was at 181 and 13% BF.

Diet (Current month):

1. 4 egg whites, 1 whole; 2 toasts; 1 scoop protein
    2. 7oz red meat or salmon; 1/2 cup of rice or 6oz potato; 1 cup of vegetables
    3. 6oz chicken/turkey breast, or fish;1/2 cup of rice or 6oz potato; 1 cup vegetables
    4. turkey breast;2 slices of bread (I just make a sandwich with letuce and other stuff)
    5. 30 almonds; 1 scoop protein
    I don't have carbs (potato, rice) with every meal every day. On the days when I lift or train I will have 4 meals with carbs. On rest days, only first one or first two meals have carbs, the rest are just meat and vegetables.

Workout routine:
    Six weeks ago I finished Madcow's 5x5 and started Layne Norton's PHAT (hypertrophy) routine: http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-...ll-powerhypertrophy-routine-updated-2011.html

Basic layout is:
    Day 1: Upper Body Power
    Day 2: Lower Body Power
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
    Day 7: Rest

Specific exercises are listed in that link.

On top of this I do 30 minutes of light cardio (walkin/eliptical) after each lifting session and on the two rest days I do 40 minutes. Heart rate kept under 140bpm.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

2. Osu,

Hummmmm, you are aiming at losing only the fat here... Hefty target, but you are doing pretty good mid way.
    Keep at it and don't change nutritionist, he seems to know his stuff.

Osu!

3. JaxMMA

Yes, just fat. I'd love to be at 195 with 10% BF...maybe some day :D

Nutritionist I'm working with is a bodybuilder and has a lot of experience working with clients. He's getting ready for his next competition this summer I believe.

4. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I'd have to know your goals but this seems like a very well crafted routine.

5. Osu,

Right here:

:D

Osu!

6. Yohan

Duuuh

Don't change anything then.

May I ask why you are doing the low intensity cardio?

7. JaxMMA

That's what he said to do. He said he doesn't recommend high(er) intensity at the moment because of caloric deficit which could result in muscle loss.

I will go back to high intensity and conditioning sometimes in September/October

8. Yohan

Yeah I'd just stick with what you've got. It looks real good. My only suggestion was to replace the walk with some intervals but it sounds like you've already got it covered.

9. JaxMMA

To be honest, I can't wait until I can do some intervals.
    Walking is BORING!

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

it may be boring but its working :)

caloric deficit which could result in muscle loss this is the reason body builders use steady state easy cardio when dieting, that an running intervals whilst lifting and dieting simply wont happen you will burn out

keep listening to your trainer he seems to be very sensbile and you are getting results!