My daughter receiving her belt...

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by KellyOwens, Jan 20, 2007.

1. KellyOwens

KellyOwens Valued Member

My daughter received her first color belt yesterday (she's 10) :love: :

[​IMG][/IMG]

She did a fantastic job at her grading!!

Just wanted to share this proud mom moment :p .

Kelly

2. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Congrats. You must be a very proud mom. If I have kids someday, I guess I will be another proud mom just like you do.

:D

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Congratulations to the both of you :)

4. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

congrats to your daughter (and you), kelly

that first test is always a special one...

5. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I love seeing kids doing martial arts and I hope someday I'll have my own club where I teach kids of all ages. Congrats to your daughter and yourself. What belt did she grade to? Yellow?

6. KellyOwens

KellyOwens Valued Member

She graded for a yellow stripe (9th gup).

I'll be helping in her class starting Tuesday since I'm pregnant and am unable to participate in the advanced class. My "assisting" will actually be more like crowd control...LOTS of little kids in the beginner class :) . They do well, they just need to be frequently reminded to listen and be respectful. There is one junior black belt and a young black belt (I think she's 17) who are the primary assistants but sometimes they don't attend and other times they just need an extra set of hands.

I'm excited about being able to do something other than sit like a bump on a log while I'm there :D . It's nice too to be able to be there for my daughter like I have been for my son (he joined 8 months before I did but we've been in class together for the last 14months). He sometimes participates in the beginners class also (more to help them with sparring than anything since most of them are his size).

Anyway, I'll pass the congrats on to my daughter :love: !!

Kelly

7. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Is that you in the back round with the camera?

8. About to kamehameha her master. Yes.

9. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

Awesome. That first testing is the one that most people in the world will never pass :)

10. tim_M

tim_M Valued Member

That's great, well done to her! :)

11. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

congrats :)

12. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Whoo! You must be very proud. Congrats!

I remember when I received my yellow tag.....about 2 months ago.... ;)

13. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

Congrats to your daughter Kelly. You must feel well proud.

Cool.

Stuart

14. AITKDMan

AITKDMan New Member

congratulations, I know for most students the first test is the hardest test they go through outside of their blackbelt test because of nerves. Its a big accomplishment.

15. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

arrrgggghhh im nervous now about my next grading up to green belt!

16. KellyOwens

KellyOwens Valued Member

yup, that's me in the mirror with the camera :D ...I always forget to pick a different angle so I'm not "in the picture" :rolleyes: .

I loved that :love: ! So very very true! When I went home from my first competition as state champ by default (no one in my division) I was discouraged until someone here pointed out that I won because I showed up when no one else did. I'm going to butcher this quote...but they quoted someone (somebody "famous" I think...oy, my brain!) by saying much of life is just showing up.

Hapuka, no worries friend, you'll do fantastic!

Kelly

17. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

18. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Awww that is a sweet photo. Congratulations to her, and keep a good eye on those kids! Assisting is great fun.

19. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Aw Kelly! I don't know how I missed this thread! Congratulations to you and yours. Stick that chest out a bit more now eh? :D