My BAd experience

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by DaiHomme52, Apr 4, 2005.

1. DaiHomme52

DaiHomme52 New Member

I've taken 2 years of "American" Karate. Oh boy, was it terrible. I found the first 2 or 3 classes to be fun. After that I realized that we didn't learn really anything. Each class we repeated the same scenarios, over and over and over! lol Can you imagine learning the same thing for 2 years. It was an absolute waste of time, which I dreaded going to. My father signed a contract so he made us go. Although it was bad it didn't destroy my attitude towards the MA. I simply realized I had a bad teacher. Mind you he appeared perhaps a few times a month. Oh, and get this; At the beginning of each class he would show us a video of him breaking ice and his signature movie, breaking a bat with his shin, OOOOOH :Alien: Oh well, just felt like getting that off my chest, ciao!

2. b33p

b33p New Member

haha nice first post.. Hi and welcome to MAP!

3. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Haha, beware the McDojo!

4. DaiHomme52

DaiHomme52 New Member

I sure will from now on.

5. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

blimey! that does sound bad.
    Welcome to MAP!
    Good on ya . Don't let the crappy schools spoil it for the rest. :woo:

6. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Alreet DH, welcome to MAP :)

7. Jayevan79

Jayevan79 New Member

2 years of that!!! It's a surprise you weren't discouraged. Do go on with MA. Get addicted to Martial Arts Planet, you won't regret it. So many things to learn from so many people.

Welcome....