My 5000th Post Celebration Thread !

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by KickChick, Oct 20, 2004.

1. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

This thread will mark my 5000th post (& counting).... the most I have ever posted on a forum (and there's been a few!).... but no forum has ever captured my interest as much as Martial Arts Planet.

I'd like to thank the Administrators (James, Dave & Jack) for welcoming me here and giving me the opportunity to moderate and adding me to the fine staff here at MAP.
    To my fellow Global Mods, Sarah ;) ... and our new GMs :D -- what an awesome addition!

To all the Topic Moderators new & old .... you're a great bunch and we make such a great team!

I'd also like to thank all the members we have here at MAP... the new & old familiar bunch ;) ... and those that have departed.
    I've made a few friends.... and possibly a few enemies, but all in all it's been a very rewarding experience.

Hopefully one day all martial artists will come to understand one other better, understand the purpose behind our various training methods and put an end to unsubstantiated criticism of any one martial art.

It has been my perception that the differences in all our backgrounds, gender, countries and cultures, shape our discussions and how we deal with one another's actions and comments.

Each person who trains in a martial art has a different motivation.

There really is no one reason to train.

The common bond for all of us is the desire to improve our knowledge and our technique whether it be mental and/or physical. I've always allowed myself to feel good about what I do well while remaining humble enough to acknowledge my personal difficulties and work hard to overcome them.

As the saying goes, "Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees." Don't just stare at the tree in front of you, soak in the view of the entire forest.

It may take many years to achieve a degree of skill in any martial art and even then you can always improve your techniques and your understanding not only of your chosen style but of others.

I believe MAP is built upon this approach and it has been our ongoing commitment to try and bring all martial artists together for the purpose of friendly exchange.

You all may have seen the sig that I have used many times here in the past .... a quote by Morihei Ueshiba
    "We train in hopes of being of some use, however small our role may be, in the task of bringing peace to mankind around the world"
    I truly believe this, and have tried to reflect this in as many of those 5000 posts that I have typed here on MAP!

Thanks to all of you!

Now let's all CELEBRATE !!! [​IMG] :D

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

No, Thank you for being such a canny GM! :) and....

Congrats KC! :D :)

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Congrats KC!

Here's to the next 5k :D

4. Mrs Owt

Mrs Owt New Member

From my relatively short time on this forum I have come to value you as a source of wisdom when it comes to fitness, supplements and general advice. It is people such as yourself that make MAP what it is.

Thanks for all of your time, effort, humour and most of all - the great smilies!!!!!:p

Congrats on 5,000. May we enjoy your posts for a long time to come.

5. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Congratulations on your 5000. :)

I have benefited greatly in knowledge from many of your posts.

Your 5000th was another one of those! - Many Thanks.

6. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

From my much shorter time... what she said ^---^ :)

Congratulations, and here's hoping you carry on for many more.

Combining a lot of knowledge with a great sense of humor is not a trick everyone can carry off - but you do. And although your Journal is not the longest on MAP, it is well worth reading.

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Congrats and Thank you.... I always enjoy your posts and your moderation and your advice... for even when I may disagree with it, there always is a fair and honest reason reason behind it. Looking forward to the next 5,000.

8. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I think i can confidently say you probably have the highest ratio of useful posts on here.

May the next 5000 help people just as much :)

9. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

Congrats!! :cool:

10. cjw314

cjw314 New Member

Wise words - if we could just get to that sooner rather than later. ;)

Congrats, KC!

11. teacher

teacher Valued Member

Congratulations you are one of the rocks that MAP is built upon.
    ROCK ON. :D

12. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

Congrats :) you are definitely doing great work around here :) and we all appreciate it :)

13. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Congratulations! Here's to 5000 more.

14. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

Congratulations!

- Matt

15. kickass

kickass I AM THE 11th COMMANDMENT

CONGRATS KC!!!

Thanx for all your posts. as beginner in MA with only 1 year of experience i can say you've been very helpful. that goes for all the other veterans of MAP.
    keep it up,
    _kickass

16. johndoch

johndoch upurs

*takes hat off to KC*

Always a top quality poster.

Well done KC :D

17. Tika

Tika New Member

Congrats KC... always enjoy reading your posts:) So Im glad you have so many! ;)

18. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Big Up to KC for keeping it Rock Solid at Martial Arts Planet.
    May the next 5000 posts be just as sweet as the first. :D :D :D :D

19. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Deb you were the first to welcome me here and probably have been my unofficial mentor whether you've known it or not. I'm glad your here and hope to see at least another 5000 posts!

20. Dojo

Dojo Shotokan fanatic

I came here because of you, and yeah, MAP is a great place. But what would be a forum without it's members ... and we've got one of the best here to celebrate. A cake from me too :)
    Congratulations and more and more posts :)