Mushroom workout LOLs

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Mushroom, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Glad it worked mate, and thanks again for being my test subject! ;)

2. Gary

My diet will do it better and leave you feeling in better condition for a fight, trust me, I've tried both approaches!

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

No worries G!

As mentioned as well, after a week of intense junk eating. ( I had a non cheat day in the week). I've actually only gained 1kg (??) so its interesting and fun to see what whats going on.

For the 1st time ever, I am thinking I can actually get down to something like 77kg. I was wondering what I would look like at 80kg with good muscle ration and now I got a very good idea, I think I can get lower.

Just see what my options are and if I can resist...the cakes.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Don't stop fighting mate. You can always get new elbows and knees. Or get them chopped off. Either way, problem solved! :D

5. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4[/ame]

6. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Sounds as if you've made the weight-cut nightmare into a holiday in the sun!

7. Gary

Not sure about that, maybe a european city break package deal with reasonable weather considering the season...

8. Mushroom

**WOOOOTTT**

I know loads of you guys have already broken this, but for me its a big deal.

Finally broke the 100kg flat bench @ 2 reps. (my trainer was probably deadlifting it whilst I was benching BUT IT STILL COUNTS!)

9. Mushroom

Grip issues. :/

I have just Deadlifted 130kgx2reps. Form is a little off but still comfortably done.

I just failed at 140kg simply because my hands can't grip onto the weight. My grip strength sucks.

Guess I gotta deadlift lighter till my hands catch up. I'm not a fan of those grip strength squeezy things

10. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i feel your pain! gratz on the PR though!

things that help:

-straps or chalk. straps transfer the weight straight to your wrist, and your grip only helps to keep it on place (still need some strength and hard to do while fatigued, but not nearly as much as actually gripping the bar). chalk will increase friction and let you exert more force with your hands for a long time (thus helping your grip get stronger as well as letting you keep deadlifting longer).

-submax volume with chalk just before grip failure: one method that worked for me was to take 100kg, lift it with double overhand for as long as i could without hitting failure, and then chalk up and keep going. iirc i was aiming for something like 30 total reps or so (think i was doing singles, it's gonna be somewhere in the depths of my log around a year ago).

-one arm dumbbell rows for super high volume, then with straps for super high volume. go until you can't go any more, then strap up and keep going. you should be able to do this with 30-40kg or so with your deadlift at that weight. basically the same thing as the above point, but a bit more for endurance than sheer strength (also the rowing motion means that your grip will be more unstable)

11. Mushroom

The gym I go to is Chalk free so I use straps or gloves when I can (but I tend to forget them all the time).

Its frustrating as with shrugs I can get a 45kg DB in each hand and shrug easy but my fingers gives out before anything.

12. Fish Of Doom

then the rows are probably your best bet. now pack your straps and row, row, row your dumbbell :D

13. Mushroom

Lol. Yeah.

Last week I inadvertently broke the pb for that too.
    Picked up 35kgx5 reps thinking it were 30kg.

#Row4Fish!!

14. Fish Of Doom

15. Mushroom

Chest Workout

(repxset)

Flat BP
    20 x2 (warm up) = bar only
    10 x2 - 80kg
    10 x1 - 60kg (delayed reps)

Incline BP
    10 x1 - 50kg
    8 x1 - 60kg
    8 x1 - 40kg (delayed)

Pec Deck (Cable flyes were unavailable)
    10 x3 - lv.12
    *last rep is held for 5secs

50 dips (as many as I can in 1 go till I got to total)

=

Core

Hanging leg raise
    10 x 3

Weighted Sit-ups
    10 x 3 (15kg plate)

Cable Crunch
    10 x 3

16. Mushroom

Simple bag work.

This bag had focus spots on them so I tried to go for them.

Screenshots from a video to make me look better. :p

Attached Files:

17. Fish Of Doom

now you gotta post the video! :D

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Seconded!

19. Mushroom

Here you go....just click on the image

Attached Files:

20. Fish Of Doom

doesn't work :(